• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spanish shoe brands

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only gave my personal opinion so please stop attacking me and my freedom of compare manipulating my speech.

I did not attacked anyone, so please stop.

I already gave tons of facts and invested my time on very long helpful post for good hearthed customers.

Thank you, good night. Time to use the ignore function.

My fault by answering twice when i said was my last post. Sorry for it.

Last edited:

MATEMALE

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I don´t know. I made an small research at the net and they seem to be "italian design, imported from Spain".

Chulillo

Reaction score
About Carmina,

Again, there is a very modern and corrupted European law, that goes against the consumer rights, hence lets a garment made outside of the European Union tagged as Made in Italy, Uk, Spain etc, if a barely 0,0001% as per example lacing the laces of a Chinesse pair of shoes inside the EU. ( I wonder how many millions got as bribe the ones who voted yes to this law).

This is not only a fraud, a fooling but an attemp to what was very high quality before the mid 90´s as Made in UK, made in Spain or the best of all, Made in Italy.

There is the rumour that Carmina are made in Mexico( nothing against the Mexicans) but tagged as Made in Spain, all “ legally” yes. The rumour was spreaded by Spaniards who visited the Carmina factory in Mallorca and found a few workers, not enough to make the runs of orders they have now ( I can tell you the factory my grandpa did, used to have hundreds of workers on a huge factory as big a nowadays Kiton factory is, so something “ smells” here.

They do outsourcing in Mexico, while it is a Spanish Brand.

The Custom Grade of Mezlan is made in Spain.

Is this for real? I truly thought Carmina made all their shoes, the whole process, in Majorca. The outsourcing has never been commented on any of the Spaniard message boards I know...

Last edited:

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would think that if shoes were in fact not made in Spain then there would be issues in the US for selling them. Someone woudlve sued by now for a geographically misdescriptive product if there was anything to it.

Spreading rumors about companies with no basis is also poor firm, particularly when they're negative.

rbhan12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Made in spain or made in mexico, Carmina's shoes are excellent quality, particularly at their pre-hike price point.

Chulillo

Reaction score
Spreading rumors about companies with no basis is also poor firm, particularly when they're negative.

Exactly.

Made in spain or made in mexico, Carmina's shoes are excellent quality, particularly at their pre-hike price point.

But it is not a minor thing... some people like to know where the items he/she is about to purchase are made...

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is this for real? I truly thought Carmina made all their shoes, the whole process, in Majorca. The outsourcing has never been commented on any of the Spaniard message boards I know... 

Normal, those Spanish blogs and forums are simply the worst around. No one knows a single thing, no one knows even to knot properly a tie, to dress, but they said i was the one who has any idea. Ask Alfamale with his alleguedly Asturiano nick about...

When we are stressed and want to laugh in the Naples Industry offices, we load that Sin Abrochar blog after the Aristocrata one where awful defective garments by Langa and the rest of Madrid are reviewed as " perfect fit" "top quality" after he publicly says, send us a garment to get a review.

Definition of shillness?

From that blog, a Langa “ perfect fit” shirt

I quotte;

Arriba vemos cómo encaja a la perfección en hombros, algo que podemos comprobar también desde otro punto de vista en esta visión lateral que nos ofrece la siguiente imagen.

The shirt fits well in neck and shoulders ( he says), I answer; the shoulders are way off, and all is a big defect, me as shirtmaker with the proper degree can dismantle this blogger who is fooling their readers.

http://www.sinabrochar.com/2014/04/proceso-de-camisa-medida-en-sastreria.html

He says the back is without wrinkles and clean, ([COLOR=FF00AA] FOR REAL HE SAYS IT, PLEASE CHECK THE PICS OF THE AWFUL BACK[/COLOR]) obviously, this “ shirt” is an aberration, note that a bespoke shirt has to be clean, and the front has to be clear and clean, specially and despite the shirt is slim, business or big modelled, has to show perfectly clean with the tie and jacket on, see the contrary, here is a bag of wrinkles.

Note, if a basic clean fit is not achieved, also the lower shoulder is uncorrected ( if the “ tailor” is unable to fix the easy, how will be the difficult)?, so note the diagonal wrinkles on the blogger left front shoulder.

But is a “ perfect fitting shirt”: he said. happy:

Note, even the cuff is made to it´s wrist size, but he says is a “ perfect fit”.

Quotted from the blog;

En la imagen sobre estas líneas vemos como Mariano comprueba que las medidas concuerdan con mi fisionomía y con las tomadas en la anterior visita.

Me translating; See as Mariano( the tailor) doublechecks the measures do match my body and the measures of the prior ones.

Me; Any measures on the “ shirt” do match your body, and this “shirt" and feature is completely fake and intolerable, no less has been the laughs of all the Italian high shirtmaking industry i am related.

If he is unable to knot a tie, why is writting as if he was a textile doctor?

He ends saying a 160 euros is a fair price for this, one of the 3 worst ever shirts i have ever seen. The worst was of this same “ tailor” made for the Aristocrata. The third was the Burgos one made for Cromptom.
All now pinned on the Neapolitan schools of High Tailoring as examples to avoid and as MADE IN SPAIN sadly examples.

Note the collar is attached by machine to the body, that is the most IMPORTANT feature after the shoulders of a shirt, but they do by hand( and very poor handwork, just to bump the price) things that are not of vital importance as the bottom( hidden when wore) and the buttonholes.:nodding:

Also note of the poor skills of this “ shirtmaker”, the back pleats were added time later the trial, when this has to be calculated on the patternmaking before the cutting. Sure this featured/shilled is nor shirtmaker nor pattermaker, as he is disguising industrial sizes as “ bespoke”, even the sleeve has not be made to his measure, but the “ tailor” as an actor, plays his role. 99,9% of his clientele bites the setup.

Note the “ bespoke” shirt also has very long sleeves, see the wrinkles and bags of the remaining fabric all the sleeve but specially over the cuff.

If you see the jacket “ sleeves” of the “ tailor”, then you will, as me, face palm.

The spin off forum from him is even worse and more laughlable, all the pics are taken on men's bathrooms. ( this is for real).

People who think they know everything or dress as Bogart, but see the sad reality, they even did not know this shoes were allegedly fakely branded as made in their country.

A customer asked for a handmade shirt there, he got a machinemade one ( with of course, the same poor fit), this is also for real, and incredible, also written on the comments of the Aristocrata forum.

Don't say i didn't warn the people about. Consumers rights mean everything for me even, this bloggers are intolerable as they made innocent good hearthed people to waste their money on poor garments as this one, and as I said before, sadly is legal to brand as made in Europe when are not.

Last edited:

MATEMALE

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
This is a thread about Spanish shoes. I still don't understand why some people goes on commenting about spanish bloggers and tailors.

Regarding the critics to shoes, is not only a matter of giving negative inputs, but also a matter giving advice about something they don't know.

About Carmina, I don't know if they are produce in Majorca or not. However, any factory with 70 people is perfectly able to produce thousands of shoes a year. Just take a look to Northhampton factories.
Also, I find difficult to believe that Carmina produces overseas and mark its shoes as "spanish". When exporting them, it has very relevant Tax consequences.

Last edited:

Chulillo

Reaction score
This is a thread about Spanish shoes. I still don't understand why some people goes on commenting about spanish bloggers and tailors.
I agree here. I don't think it was appropiate to discuss other people/businesses in a topic that is not about that particular theme.

Regarding the critics to shoes, is not only a matter of giving negative inputs, but also a matter giving advice about something they don't know.

About Carmina, I don't know if they are produce in Majorca or not. However, any factory with 70 people is perfectly able to produce thousands of shoes a year. Just take a look to Northhampton factories.
Also, I find difficult to believe that Carmina produces overseas and mark its shoes as "spanish". When exporting them, it has very relevant Tax consequences.
That was my point exactly... That is why I found it hard to believe but, then again, I am a neofite in these matters and everyone here have a knowledge about these things that I lack so that is why I asked.

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of the topics was “ you didn´t read about on the Spanish blogs”, my answer about the obvious “ quality” of the Spanish blogs has been written with a huge example. As you both seem personal friends and users of his expossed blog/forum, is not my fault. I just do a favour for the neofites as you said you are and other posters warning about 99,9% of bloggers and their shilled content plenty of lies and technical nonsense as i have been expossed to avoid them/you being fooled again and again.

The truth is out there.

About the other topic, the low hour labour in Mexico is not comparable with an hour in Europe, even in one of the cheapest as is Spain. That might be a powerful reason. The producing cost of the Carmina i have expected is quite low, so for the high retail of 350 euros, they do have a huge industrial benefit. I insist against what people believes, that 350 euros for this mediocre quality is not cheap, affordable or quality wise.

Also, i have never seen when i was working on our shoe factory, leather of as bad quality of the used on all the Carminas i have ever seen, except the horse ones as we never bought horse leather.

Last edited:

MATEMALE

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I agree here. I don't think it was appropiate to discuss other people/businesses in a topic that is not about that particular theme.

That was my point exactly... That is why I found it hard to believe but, then again, I am a neofite in these matters and everyone here have a knowledge about these things that I lack so that is why I asked.
Just an example: When exporting to some countries from Spain, under certain amount, if the shoes are "Made in Spain" (and it is clearly stated at the bill), the exportation is free of duties. And they can be huge!!!. Thus, I have my doubts about Carmina being produced in Mexico... It would be much more expensive. But then, there are other ways to avoid taxes, so... Don´t know what to say.

Also, I have visited some factories in Spain that with 50-70 workers, produce loads of shoes, (bid loads!!) and I wouldn´t say the shoes I saw were bad. No worse than english and italian shoes (I´ve seen also crap, sure, but also in the above mentioned countries). I think Spanish manufacturers are making a big effort to develop shoes of good quality and many new bespoke shoemakers are appearing in Spain (although my opinion about them is not as good as the RTW shoes; I guess it takes some time to arrive again to the level the shoes had in the time of Villarejo - the Spanish Gatto, if someone never heard of him -).

By the way: I don´t usually follow The Aristocrata and, personally, I don´t like him too much. Also, I think that, sometimes, some bloggers, abuse of their "power" to obtain benefits of any kind and are extremely dangerous when giving their, many times, not qualified opinion (it seems to me that there are some writers in this forum with some type of compulsive sickness that can´t but enter once and again into The Aristocrata blog to, apparently, suffer; tt may be masochism).

But it also applies to certain writers in forums, who seem to know about absolutely everything and use a "freedom of opinion" in a wrong way, by talking about things they don´t know, aiming to obtaining... I don´t know what; maybe they are the kind of people than, when in person, like to be the focus of the meeting and hearing their own voices, Arrogance.. Funny to read neofites advicing neofites... until they start to damage other people.

The Truth... Everyone has his own one... and think is the right one. But, hey! I learned something new: I shall not Silvano Lattanzi shoes!! The price is extremely high!! I can find something better for 600 euros. The real italian thing! I shall maybe start to tell the truth to people and advice them not to buy his shoes! That´s right, isn´t it?

Well, happy not to have read that in Italy they also invented the goodyear construction. Fortunately, it seems some people accept that italian, great in many, many things (sacchetto construction is very interesting), also copy as, as far as I know, Oxford, Blutchers and many other models that we can be seen made by italian shoemakers and manufacturers, were not created by Italians. But then, Spanish imitate Italian style... Yes...

Last edited:

Chulillo

Reaction score
One of the topics was “ you didn´t read about on the Spanish blogs”, my answer about the obvious “ quality” of the Spanish blogs has been written with a huge example. As you both seem personal friends and users of his expossed blog/forum, is not my fault.
I did not say blogs, I said message boards.

And I am not friends with that particular one you posted.

Anyways, I appreciate both your input on this matter, all I know is that nothing is certain regarding this, so I will keep believing they are completely made in here until anything factual comes up. Thanks.

Last edited:

MATEMALE

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I did not say blogs, I said message boards.

And I am not friends with that particular one you posted.

Anyways, I appreciate both your input on this matter, all I know is that nothing is certain regarding this, so I will keep believing they are completely made in here until anything factual comes up. Thanks.

AMEN.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads