• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

alxp

Reaction score
he's leaving, it's well known for 6 months, he never wanted to renew his contract

Last edited:

alxp

Reaction score
replacing slimane with...vaccarello? lol, that's a wtf on the order of electing trump. vaccarello makes tacky clothes for trophy wives and sad guys with mid-life crises to pretend they're ********** precisely because they're not.

i don't buy the rumors, kering's not dumb enough to lose the director of it's fastest growing brand. remember when raf and wang and alber left it was precisely because the brands they were directing were not growing (largely because sl was, thanks to slimane). so i think all this is just the fashion press trying to generate clicks.

that said, i don't think it's a big deal if hedi leaves. karl's already anointed him to inherit the empire, so.

as for shirts, most now come in several cuts, the key thing is to be aware which cut you're getting (skinny/regular/loose). if you have to ask how t-shirts fit, for christ's sake, just look at some fit pics.
he will NEVER be at chanel, karl doesn't take any business decisions as chanel doesn't belong to him

alxp

Reaction score
apart from the bitchy fashion talk, well known..to whom?
at Keiring everyone knew that he just came to rebrand saint laurent because Pierre Bergé asks him for. And it's known for 6 months he will not resign his contract. It's not a surprise

nicksh

Reaction score
I don't know, it really doesn't make sense to me.. especially after they pushed back the original date of the show and cancelled the booking of the original venue, specifically to celebrate the LA music industry and the anniversary of Hedi's fashion diary.. I mean, why would Hedi initiate that, or the higher-ups agree to that, if he was just going to leave the brand anyway?

I'd also be surprised if Kering didn't understand that the brand has done so well specifically because Slimane is there. and wasn't there just official confirmation a couple weeks ago that he was in fact staying? also, if I remember correctly, Hedi's return to SL was pretty conditional and beneficial to both parties, not simply because he was "asked to."

but maybe I'm just naive :embar: just doesn't really make sense to me. I suppose we shall see, either way.

Last edited:

neonrider

Reaction score
there's something really strange going on here. on the one hand, slimane has the freedom to move shows to la, do them at the palladium, i.e. almost total creative freedom to a degree almost no one has or has had, etc, which a designer on the outs would not. on the other, someone is constantly leaking "rumors" that he's leaving, telling low-level people within the industry the same, and the erstwhile reputable fashion press jumps on them. i wonder who it is, why they're doing it, and what the deal is. none of this adds up.

Last edited:

scanner

Reaction score
there's something really strange going on here. on the one hand, slimane has the freedom to move shows to la, do them at the palladium, i.e. almost total creative freedom to a degree almost no one has or has had, etc, which a designer on the outs would not. on the other, someone is constantly leaking "rumors" that he's leaving, telling low-level people within the industry the same, and the erstwhile reputable fashion press jumps on them. i wonder who it is, why they're doing it, and what the deal is. none of this adds up.

Strange indeed. The house has denied rumors.. they could have just flat out not commented at first, but they did and now they don't comment. It could be a competing brand, or it could even be a strategic move by Hedi himself or someone in his camp doing this to prove to his executives just how much power and influence he has.

And as has been mentioned by Rattler and others regarding the toll it takes going back and forth between LA and Paris, perhaps one of Hedi's conditions is to stay in LA indefinitely. Showing the Mens show and a sliver of Womens here in LA on their own terms might be a way for him to prove that they don't need Paris.

Last edited:

Illithid Dude

Reaction score
all i'm saying is i've heard some rumors from some well placed sources about him leaving long before the first news story broke, and those sources also told me where he's gonna go next. you guys won't be disappointed, unless you REALLY loved biker jeans and gross high tops.

Prudy

Reaction score
Those two things, I do not love. Cool, I do love a good surprise, however.

Last edited:

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kris is a dickhead, his clothes sucks, he fked Dior.

I thought Raf increased sales at Dior? I felt his initial collections were good but the last 2-3 were pretty week imo, I loved his debut one of my most favourite so beautiful.
Big shoes to fill after John Galliano though, that guy is a master and i'm glad he is back now in Margiela.

I thought Hedi maybe present Haute Couture, guess not :(, but then again Haute Couture MUST be present in Paris so I guess I was ignorant to think that.
Tisci at Givenchy also said he is starting Haute Couture again.

Last edited:

slann01

Reaction score

all i'm saying is i've heard some rumors from some well placed sources about him leaving long before the first news story broke, and those sources also told me where he's gonna go next. you guys won't be disappointed, unless you REALLY loved biker jeans and gross high tops. 

Balmain? Damn man tonight i'm gonna have nightmares..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads