• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

6ixSide

Reaction score
I don't want to cramp your style, but I don't have high hopes for you my friend. T shirts run TTS, and are a little wide on the body except they are cut short. I anticipate that it will be a "boxy" look, and very much so if you went a size up. For their shirts, if anything, I might recommend sizing down if the head opening weren't so small.
Thanks for the info. I purchased it half off on Mr Porter, so, I figured it's worth trying. I was actually worried about the length more than anything, so, the fact that they're cut short leaves me a little hope.

Gabujabu

Reaction score
Have any of you guys tried their suits? How's the fit and quality? Just ordered the chalk stripe one from mr porter sale.

Also if anyone has the black leather flight jacket with brown shearling in a 48, please let me know.

I think I got the same suit from Mr. Porter in 44. Look forward to trying it on soon.

scanner

Reaction score

“SAINT LAURENT AT THE PALLADIUM” LOS ANGELES FEBRUARY 10 TH 2016
“SAINT LAURENT AT THE PALLADIUM” THE SAINT LAURENT LOS ANGELES SHOW
SAINT LAURENT FALL 2016 MEN AND WOMEN PART 1 WILL BE PRESENTED IN LOS ANGELES ON FEBRUARY 10 TH 2016.
‘‘SAINT LAURENT AT THE PALLADIUM’’ WILL BE PRESENTED DURING THE WEEK OF THE 58 TH GRAMMY MUSIC AWARDS IN LOS ANGELES.
SAINT LAURENT FALL 2016 WOMEN PART 2 WILL STILL BE PRESENTED IN PARIS ON MARCH 7 TH 2016.
THE HOLLYWOOD PALLADIUM IS A HISTORICAL CONCERT AND DANCE VENUE LOCATED ON 6215 SUNSET BOULEVARD. IT IS ALLEGEDLY THE OLDEST AND LARGEST CONCERT VENUE IN HOLLYWOOD.
FRANK SINATRA WAS THE FIRST PERFORMER ON STAGE AT THE HOLLYWOOD PALLADIUM WHEN IT OPENED ON OCTOBER 30TH 1940. SINATRA WAS SUCCEEDED BY DECADES OF ICONIC PERFORMANCES FROM ARTISTS INCLUDING THE ROLLING STONES, BOB DYLAN, LED ZEPPELIN, GRATEFUL DEAD, GUNS N’ ROSES, PRINCE AND MANY OTHERS.
‘‘SAINT LAURENT AT THE PALLADIUM’’ IS A TRIBUTE TO THE STRONG MUSIC SCENE IN LOS ANGELES AND IS THE SECOND PROJECT OF HEDI SLIMANE IN LOS ANGELES AFTER HIS EXHIBITION ‘‘CALIFORNIA SONG’’, AT THE L.A. MUSEUM OF CONTEMPORARY ART IN NOVEMBER 2011.
FOR ALMOST A DECADE, HEDI SLIMANE HAS THOROUGHLY DOCUMENTED, SUPPORTED AND CHAMPIONED THE EMERGING CALIFORNIA MUSIC SCENE.
HEDI SLIMANE HAS INSTIGATED THE IDEA OF CALIFORNIA, HIS HOME SINCE 2008, AS A TERRITORY OF DESIGN EXPLORATION FOR LUXURY BRANDS, FOLLOWING HIS PHILOSOPHY HE INSTALLED HIS SAINT LAURENT STUDIO IN WEST HOLLYWOOD IN 2012.
CREATING A HIGH FASHION DESIGN STUDIO IN LOS ANGELES, JUST LIKE YVES SAINT LAURENT DID WHEN HE DESIGNED FROM MARRAKECH, WAS NOVEL IN 2012. SINCE THEN, THE CITY HAS STARTED TO ATTRACT MORE AND MORE HIGH FASHION PROJECTS.
2016 MARKS THE 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF THE ‘‘HEDI SLIMANE DIARY”. A PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG THAT HAS MOSTLY DOCUMENTED EMERGING MUSIC OVER THE LAST DECADE; FROM LONDON AND THE GOLDEN AGE OF BRIT ROCK IN THE MID ‘00S TO THE BIRTH OF THE L.A. SURF SOUND GENERATION IN 2008.
THE HEDI SLIMANE DIARY WAS A 2006 PROTO-FORM OF WHAT WE HAVE NOW IN SCRAPBOOK STYLE SOCIAL MEDIA; AN ACCUMULATION OF INTIMATE, NARRATIVE AND DOCUMENTARY PHOTOGRAPHS. AN INTERPRETATION OF A WRITTEN DAILY DIARY THROUGH PHOTOGRAPHY.
THE CONTENT FROM THE HEDI SLIMANE DIARY WAS PRESENTED IN NUMEROUS MUSEUM EXHIBITIONS AROUND THE WORLD FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS (BERLIN KUNST-WERKE IN 2004, NEW YORK PS1 IN 2004, MUSAC SPAIN IN 2008, FOAM MUSEUM IN AMSTERDAM IN 2007, L.A. MOCA IN 2011 AND SONIC IN PARIS IN 2014).
THE ‘‘SAINT LAURENT AT THE PALLADIUM’’ VIDEO CAMPAIGN IS ABOUT THE PROGRESSION OF HEDI SLIMANE’S DIARY INTO A NEW MOTION PORTRAITURE FORMAT. THE ‘‘PORTRAIT VIDEO’’, A SHORT VIDEO PORTRAYING A MUSICIAN OR AN ARTIST WITH A FAST AND ENERGETIC EDIT, ALMOST CHRONO-PHOTOGRAPHIC. THE FORMAT IS BEING INTRODUCED NOW WITH THE SAINT LAURENT PALLADIUM PROJECT TO MARK THE 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF HEDI SLIMANE’S DIARY.

Prudy

Reaction score
@ebayhtl Only camel chesterfields for sale online right now are size 50 or bigger. I may have missed one but I searched a lot and for some time, so I'm pretty sure there currently aren't any available.

@scanner I am intrigued...would be cool to see it coming from LA. I wonder if they are showing FW16 in Paris and LA or ditching Paris? Not sure...

Last edited:

OakGhost

Reaction score
I need some help please! I severely regret passing on the gold trimmed camo jacket and am now trying to find one. Does anyone know if it came in a 44 or was 46 the smallest size? I thought I tried a 44 but maybe I was mistaken.thanks in advance. On a side if anyone has one they'd like to sell please Dm me.

Also glad the show is coming to LA.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
T-shirts vary wildly from style to style. I was always a fairly loose M first three seasons, then mixed between M and L, now predominantly L. Necklines and shoulder seams became a lot narrower recently for some reason (I think the older ones look cooler). On the distressed one, pretty sure that's an oversized cut by the way.

Slpbaby808

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
does anyone leather condition their jacket l01?.. Feedback? A friend of mine said maybe I should... I've always thought to just let it age.. But said to prevent cracking/wrinkles from depletion of the natural oils... Cents?

Last edited:

MORNINGSTAR777

Reaction score

I'm confused though, does this mean no mens Paris Show?

*found this - http://www.justjared.com/2016/01/12/hedi-slimanes-saint-laurent-to-show-at-hollywood-palladium/

That's a pretty big **** you to the fashion industry if SLP shows menswear and part 1 of womens in Los Angeles simultaneously over Paris. Pretty cool :) 

It hasn't been so unusual to do something like this. Off the tip of my head in the recent seasons Tom Ford has shown in LA and Givenchy showed in NYC this past September. In regards to LA I think there's been a lot of ado about it in the past few years (the attention paid to celebrities/Hollywood, musicians/recording industry, fashion industry and other creative people migrating there, etc.) I'm looking forward to the presentation.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads