• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

neonrider

Reaction score
i'd take the same size as the L01 in the L17. the weight of the SS16 is not as thick as the calf version, but it's definitely not as light as the L01 either.

i think there should be more reviews here (esp from those of us with rare or iconic pieces). hell even if it's a "just" shirt or a pair of jeans, i'd like to see your own pics and a few words about it that we can look at, discuss, etc. i think all this stuff is important and cool. it'll keep down the do-my-oversized-skinny-jeans-really-look-bad-shitposting. but more importantly it'll maybe serve as a bit of a record, archive, etc. at this point hedi's pumping out stuff so fast i can barely keep up.

i'll pull some pieces out of the archive later this week and review.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
VoiceofGucci, I wear that hoodie all the time around the house. It's a great slim fit.

Neon - out of this world leather. Love it. BTW--which shearling did you pick up? I have been eyeballing the black on black bomber, but it's always in off sizes (i.e., I need a 44).

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
I`m 194cm tall but really skinny so I need an l since the sleeves for most YSL stuff is short but in every other brand its a medium

OakGhost

Reaction score
@AB77 no, they will continue to Frey but it's not to crazy. I've had mine for 5 or so months and wear em a lot. The Frey is a bit more extreme but I like it and you can always cut little bits off. I have some semi close up shots if you look at my pics

neonrider

Reaction score
yup, i grabbed the bomber. here's a quick review, i'll add some pics later if i have time.

the shearling's warm enough that i can wear it in serious cold, but the cut's suuuuper skinny. like old school slimane skinny. i could barely get my arms through the sleeves.

it's easily the best bomber jacket i've had (or seen), because it's stylish, warm, and bulletproof, which is an impossible trifecta to find (at least for me) in winter gear.

going back to the point about crap buyers and buys, almost no one bought it. it's a shame, because this is the bomber i was waiting for from slimane. i.e. not just the weirdly poofy aviator style leather jackets without any real warmth from the last few seasons, that are both badly cut and pretty useless in the cold.

it's an incredible piece that i'm going to wear until it self-destructs. if they're smart they'll reissue it every season, it's way too good to be seasonal and should really be permanent.

note there are several different versions of this jacket (different leathers/linings), we can get into that if any questions.

Last edited:

greene

Reaction score
I know that Saint Laruent prices are cheaper in Paris (especially with the exchange rate); however does anyone know if the prices are also cheaper in China/Hong Kong?

Prudy

Reaction score
Bomber sounds great, Neon. Unfortunately (well, maybe fortunately), I don't live in a place requiring such a warm jacket.

I found the fit and finish from FW15, as you describe above, was on point on many, many pieces - maybe it's just my body type but I love how most everything fits me from last season. The camel chesterfield and duffle pea coat are perfection as well IMO.

I'd love to see more reviews of great pieces as well - I could do a few, myself.

neonrider

Reaction score
do some! i know you have many great pieces. love the camel chesterfield, i was about to pick one up myself. fw15 outerwear was really well done, if i was gonna go all out i would have grabbed a lot more. but after paying car money for a bomber jacket i cried and decided not to :)

Last edited:

slann01

Reaction score
Amazing jacket(s), Neon - my favorite SLP leather. Tried on the SS16 version this weekend also, glad it has returned. Happy to see you posting photos again, your collection is pretty impressive.

Got this in last week. I added calfskin lace to the back grommets which I like, but I may opt for a suede like the L17. I love the sturdiness of the calfskin, especially after wearing my lambskin L01 just about daily for the past couple years. Thanks again for your detailed review, Slann.

I'm glad my reviews are of help! and adding the laces is a great touch, i think i'll steal your idea ;)

david raymond

Reaction score
Have any of you guys tried their suits? How's the fit and quality? Just ordered the chalk stripe one from mr porter sale.

Also if anyone has the black leather flight jacket with brown shearling in a 48, please let me know.

Last edited:

6ixSide

Reaction score
How do SLP tees fit? I usually take a medium in most brands for a form fitting look, but I ended up buying the distressed tee in a large due to it being the only size left. Hoping it won't look ridiculous.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Have any of you guys tried their suits? How's the fit and quality? Just ordered the chalk stripe one from mr porter sale.

Also if anyone has the black leather flight jacket with brown shearling in a 48, please let me know.

Suits are great. Very slim. They are more like the original Dior Homme suits than Dior Homme suits are now, if that makes sense. Very high armholes and even slim trousers, although you'll likely need them to get tapered if you want a skinny versus slim look (they have to be slightly larger off the rack to accommodate different sized people).

Quality is great, fully canvassed (supposedly), made in Italy. You'll have to get the surgeon's cuffs to make it really bad-ass, which is possible since they're working button holes but again they're sewed shut off the rack.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

How do SLP tees fit?  I usually take a medium in most brands for a form fitting look, but I ended up buying the distressed tee in a large due to it being the only size left.  Hoping it won't look ridiculous.

I don't want to cramp your style, but I don't have high hopes for you my friend. T shirts run TTS, and are a little wide on the body except they are cut short. I anticipate that it will be a "boxy" look, and very much so if you went a size up. For their shirts, if anything, I might recommend sizing down if the head opening weren't so small.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads