• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought i'd pick up something small for myself for Veteran's Day: found some of the best cologne scents I've ever experienced, ended up buying them both in the very small size and on-sale W. Kleinberg belt (my favorite brand of belt, good quality and includes two buckles).

Recently purchased checkered Turnbull tie, and got back a batch of narrowed ties from Tiecrafters, which makes them seem like new again/ I'm anxious to wear them again.

ville_e

Reaction score
Harris Tweed tie:
harristweed4b.jpg
and a Brook Taverner grey blue check sports jacket to go with it:
jacket.jpg

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
picked up a couple of maint items: perfect mint condition/ just like new vintage leather bound clothes brush and a Kent clothes brush (says for cashmere, but plan to use that one on both wool and cashmere clothing)

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a couple new things. I had another heavier weight filed jacket from LeeBaron Fashions and a Howard Yount linen pocket square. Also picked up a couple new jeans. Decided to try APC to see what all the hype is about and I am very happy with them. Took advantage of the Osa sale a couple weeks ago for a new Filson tote.

DSC02346.jpg

DSC02345.jpg

DSC02344.jpg

DSC02426.jpg

DSC02422.jpg

DSC02410.jpg

DSC02411.jpg

GucciKid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ville_e
Harris Tweed tie:

harristweed4b.jpg

and a Brook Taverner grey blue check sports jacket to go with it:

jacket.jpg

Love the tie, may I ask where this was copped? Available online?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Stephan Schneider : 1) Oversized T-shaped sweater 2) Grey Moleskine-like pants
ss2.jpg
Maison Martin Margiela : 1) Snow white pants
dsc0083o.jpg
2) All white German army trainers repro line Helmut Lang (vintage): Wool pants w. discrete metallic stripes
4060506840_1240e3c8b8.jpg

Flashman

Reaction score
Sirs

Thought id share.

Last week as the cold spell really kicks in, felt that the mac was not warm enough, so was lucky to pick up a grey over coat with contrast velvet collar - sets off really nicely against my (burlington-fedora) hat!

Also, am due to go to a wedding/graduation in the next 2 weeks.

So picked up 2 suits from French Eye....bargain at circa £200
One is a blue (tinge of aqua rather than navy) and a 'warm' grey wool mix that would be a good 'winter suit' Neither are for 'work' hence the slight difference in colour etc...

On top of that i got a blazer with a gilt....i actually saw Massimo Duti bring these out last year - but picked this one up for a quarter of the MD price! Cant wait to wear it!

Might get a blue short from TM Lewin and a crisp white one to wear with the grey suit!
(I am splurging a bit!)

Have had both jackets altered sleeve and lengths (ever so slightly)....the trousers were open ended and had been taken up to size, but they are a 'wide-ish fit' leg NOT quite flaires more STRAIGHT.

I have bought 2 suits....and was happy for the slightly loose fit as it made for a different cut non-work suit BUT Mrs Flashman objected as she thinks that cut trouser makes me look 'fat'.
So i went back and asked the tailor to taper the legs slightly narrowing them from knee down.

Hop to have a 2nd fitting tomorrow!

biggrin.gif
ynObject.all.DynObject15.ZoomSpot();[/IMG]
B002EKFKRW

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
got a pair of Ferragamo Diego bit loafers in brown suede exactly below

ferragamodiegobrownsuede.jpg

got a good price at NM last call. they had one in 10EE but cant really determine if it is a bit too wide or if my size is 10D in these. i know ferragamo tends to run narrow but not sure in these. im afraid to walk out in them and find out they are too wide. i am just trying them on in the hallway and that really doesnt tell me anything for sure

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics