• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Olive Garden vs. Red Lobster

SeanH

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
This. Not to mention I have an ingrained prejudice against TGIF because way back when I was a young lad (5-6 or so), my parents took me to Toys R Us that happened to be conveniently located next to a TGIF. Turns out a man had just stabbed his wife to death on the steps of TGIF and I was able to get a good long look at her dead body laying on the sidewalk.

Something about this makes perfect sense to me. I mean, a lot of things can go wrong in a marriage, and it's easy to see how TGIF could be that last straw that causes a guy to just.. snap.

A google search on "tgi fridays stabbing" indicates it's a common occurrence, though I'm not sure being dragged to TGIF is a viable defense in a murder trial. It would probably depend on the jury selection.

runner-guy

Reaction score
For what it's worth, my father (who is now retired) used to work in sales for Ecolab, which is a global sanitation supply company (soaps, detergents, cleaning products, etc.). He says that Darden restaurants, which owns Red Lobster and Olive Garden, has some of the most stringent sanitation practices and are the some of the cleanest restaurants out there. If you're forced to eat there, at least you can be assured you run a low risk of getting sick.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by runner-guy
For what it's worth, my dad (who is now retired) used to work in sales for Ecolab, which is a global sanitation supply company (soaps, detergents, cleaning products, etc.). He says that Darden restaurants, which own Red Lobster and Olive Garden, have some of the most stringent sanitation practices and are the some of the cleanest restaurants out there. If you're forced to eat there, at least you can be assured you run a low risk of getting sick.

This statement holds a lot of weight. You can tell a lot about a restaurant by how the dish pit looks.

dalej

Reaction score
Ate at red lobster last night and was not impressed with the food or the portions. Have to say everything looked much betted in the menu then on the table.
The server was great and the cost of the meal was in line with the portions.

It was not how I remembered it to be, use to be a good place to go for a great meal.

Guess all things change with time.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have never been impressed with Red Lobster.

Olive Garden, on the other hand, that's nice.
blush.gif

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VMan
People love to go to these places because the food is consistent and tastes decent, no matter which location you go to. It won't be fantastic, but it won't be bad, and everyone can find something that appeals to their tastes there.

+1

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by capnpyro
Look down your noses all you want, but the best chicken parm I've ever had is from the Olive Garden, it's exactly the way I like it. Yes, yes I've been to fancy Italian restaurants before. Actually, come to think of it, my girlfriends friend whose lived in Italy for the last 5 years or so came down to visit and was amazed at how much better Olive Gardens food and bruschetta in particular was than restaurants she goes to.. in Italy.

This is, without a doubt, the dumbest thing I've ever heard on this board. Truly, the stupidest thing I've ever read.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField

This is, without a doubt, the dumbest thing I've ever heard on this board. Truly, the stupidest thing I've ever read.

Why is it dumb, bro? I've never found a satisfactory chicken parm in a good Eye-talian restaurant. Hell, I've never even seen it in Italy
wink.gif

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GTFO if you're putting cheese on your salad. Moussolini hung people for less.

IDirector

Reaction score
Originally Posted by capnpyro
Look down your noses all you want, but the best chicken parm I've ever had is from the Olive Garden, it's exactly the way I like it. Yes, yes I've been to fancy Italian restaurants before. Actually, come to think of it, my girlfriends friend whose lived in Italy for the last 5 years or so came down to visit and was amazed at how much better Olive Gardens food and bruschetta in particular was than restaurants she goes to.. in Italy.

i call bullshit on this.

Millerp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by capnpyro Look down your noses all you want, but the best chicken parm I've ever had is from the Olive Garden, it's exactly the way I like it. Yes, yes I've been to fancy Italian restaurants before. Actually, come to think of it, my girlfriends friend whose lived in Italy for the last 5 years or so came down to visit and was amazed at how much better Olive Gardens food and bruschetta in particular was than restaurants she goes to.. in Italy.
Originally Posted by IDirector
i call bullshit on this.
I don't know. People like what they are used to. If you are an American and are used to and enjoy Italian-American food, it is conceivable that the food in Italy (although excellent in most cases) won't be what you think Italian food should be. To me New York pizza tastes the best. Pizza in Rome....to me not as tasty.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads