• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Morning suit (MTM) houses London

morwed

Reaction score
Hello,
For my wedding I am looking to get a morning suit and wanted to ask a few things. I am not very familiar with the intricacies so please forgive my ignorance!
  • I am usually too tall for most RTW so will likely need to get at least the coat as MTM. I tried some RTW and while the coat will definitely need to be MTM there is hope I can get the trousers and waistcoat as RTW. How easy is it to mix RTW and MTM?
  • How easy is it to mix clothing pieces from different houses? Could I get the coat from one place and the trousers from another?
  • I am getting the suit done in London and have ready access to Savile Row, Jermyn Street, etc. I am hoping to get something for less than £2k but having phoned around this proves more challenging than anticipated (as most MtM coats already start at £1.3k+). I have identified the following brands which I might try to get from and would appreciate any advice on whether one is preferable over the other one. Their full 3-piece MTM comes out for all at around ~£2k
    • Hackett
    • Neal & Palmer
    • Eve & Ravenscroft
    • Favourbrook
    • Others which I had checked out but are likely too expensive (unless MTM & RTW works): Gieves & Hawkes / Cad & The Dandy / Oliver Brown
    • Any other recommendations are of course also welcome!
Thank you very much in advance!

TomTom

Reaction score
I would go with Ede and Ravenscroft for a morning suit. They also offer a lot of options for taller gentlemen(I'm 6'3) and I for instance bought and RTW morning suit (coat, waistcoat and trousers) and the fit is fantastic. Plus they are one of the main purveyors of garments for Royal Ascott so you would do well to visit. Their Saville Row shop is especially good for morning suits and waistcoats.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads