• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old Town

Alexidb

Reaction score
I think it could pair nicely with some grey. As a recovering goth it’s funny I just can’t wear black, I just don’t look good in it. My friends used to refer to me as a lumber-goth as I wore a lot of earth tones. These days it almost entirely greys and blues.

PS brb gonna go listen to Einstürzende’s The Garden
Those looks beautiful! Ive been considering getting something in the grey twill forever, but have been worried that its to light in color to go with black.

Im waiting for a pair of Plains in black canvas (second pair, one size down from the old pair), and Plains in their new (?) black cord (never seen that they've had black cord before). If I like the cord, I will probably get a Borough in the same fabric.

Last edited:

Alexidb

Reaction score
Unity Trousers
5F9B08E3-2F35-4F82-ABE6-4D93D6F7DED9.jpeg

Alexidb

Reaction score
Great! What was the process like ordering from them?
It’s usually pretty easy, this last time was a right pain in the keister; but that was due to my bank.

Process is I email Old-Town with product I want, Marie is usually the one to respond. We discuss fit and fabric and make some jokes about the Modern Lovers, Brexit, Trump and **** weather. I then email her my CC info and in 4/6 weeks get my product. I’m usually emailed when the item is about to be made and then again when it goes out.

This last time my bank declined the charges and informed me that Britain is now on the naughty list. Because she runs the numbers manually and it’s not done thru an online purchasing porthole my card can’t be used. Ok WTF, what ever. I get OTs bank info to do a transfer and my bank wants to charge me $50. I ended up just Pay Paling a mate in Cambridgeshire who did a bank transfer for me.

Last edited:

Alexidb

Reaction score
Not OT, but Yarmouth Oilskins posted this work jacket from their archives. I’m enamored with the chest pocket.
2342050A-2968-4C68-8CCF-96231AE2D695.jpeg

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have a shirt from them right? How do you like it? To me its all pretty nice in theory, but they are seriously lacking in fabric options (to me).

On Old Town, I wish they could reintroduce some of the older jacket styles (e.g. "lounge") and the coats. And the Harris tweeds..

Prof H

Reaction score
I agree: my nicest OT garments are the discontinued lines. I wore my corduroy ‘Fitzrovia’ a fortnight ago and had forgotten the sheer quality of the workmanship and the detailing.
I have an older ‘Lounge’ in the Lovat tweed, it’s a size too small, but I’m reluctant to sell as I don’t know when/if I’ll see another.

Alexidb

Reaction score
@Superb0bo
I do indeed have a shirt from them. It’s too short tbh, or perhaps not to short but the side slits are too high. When the move is done I plan on sewing in some gussets to see if that helps.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Alexidb ah, like EG used to be? How do you like the quality/vibe otherwise? Wearing an Old town pull over shirt today, nice long tails and proportial side slits.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree: my nicest OT garments are the discontinued lines. I wore my corduroy ‘Fitzrovia’ a fortnight ago and had forgotten the sheer quality of the workmanship and the detailing.
I have an older ‘Lounge’ in the Lovat tweed, it’s a size too small, but I’m reluctant to sell as I don’t know when/if I’ll see another.

The Fitzrovia looks really nice, I think they removed it just before I started actually buying, as opposed to just looking at, OT.
Any other old favorites? Would be nice with pictures of your OT "collection" if you ever get the chance.

Prof H

Reaction score
Here is the Fitzrovia (olive green corduroy). I have a three piece suit as well in this style (Fitzrovia/single breasted waistcoat/High Rise & Plains) in navy moleskin.
Yes, I’ll pull together some photos.

Prof H

Reaction score
Thank you. It was pricey in my view just over £500 (bought direct from Japan via a proxy buyer), but a lot cheaper than advertised on EBAY (£850 BIN) - same jacket.
The corduroy version (not limited edition) on the other hand is slightly lesser quality (but still comparable with OT). It shares most of the production details (it lacks the throat clasp, fifth button at lapel, rear vents, half belt), but was a much cheaper buy at £200.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads