• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old Town

Reaction score
I was browsing the Archival Clothing site and came across Old Town, a brand that may appeal to those that worship at the altar of Engineered Garments. I admit that I did not search, so forgive me if this has come up before. Anyway, my interest is piqued. Wondering if anyone has given it a go.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks cool, DDML. Love the British attitude:

Who: You might like to telephone Miss Willey, who probably knows, on 01263 710001
I could go for an overall jacket in cavalry twill or some stovepipe moleskins.

On the Brit workwear front, is anyone familiar with Garbstore? I saw a nice jacket on whenwewerecasuals.com and followed the trail to hypebeast. Apparently the guy doing it worked on One True Saxon, which makes sense. Looks like good stuff (vintage cuts and Talon zips), but some pieces seem to be ruined with branding and the prices are kind of high.

1208qy9.jpg

garbstoreclothingline4fg0.jpg

Dave Walker

Reaction score
I love the look of the website - I haven't heard of it before and I am from England! I am not so in to engineered garments, but this has good some excellent 'old town' stuff.

spoonman

Reaction score
Heh, the thread title made me think of that boy band O-Town. Whatever happened to them anyway?

Milkman

Reaction score
Don't expect great customer service from Miss Willey. When I phoned from Australia and asked about overseas shipping, she said that would be far too difficult for her to do - go figure. She will only post to addresses in the UK. And don't even think about asking for a shirt in any other fabric other than those listed against each style. I eventually ordered some shirts and the quality was excellent. I hate to bandie a women's name, but the girl needs a better attitude towards customer service.

horriblyjollyjinx

Reaction score
I dig this brand. I would like to buy like 5 pairs of pants, one or two shirts and the overall jacket, but unfortunately I have to save my money for later.

flatfront

Reaction score
Garbstore have a few nice pieces. Seem to be reasonably well made. A little pricey that's for sure. They have a shop just off Portobello Road which is laid out nicely. They carry a few other brands mainly from Japan as far as I recall.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782

1208qy9.jpg

The Covert Jacket from this seasons Nice Collective is very similarly styled, but of course with a more military feel, and there were a rack of them at Barney's in Georgetown. Probably well discounted by now. I have one. It was my go to jacket for most of this spring.

Prof H

Reaction score
Just love Old Town/Tin House clothing. Several years ago I practically cleared out/sold my wardrobe and replaced it with new and used Old Town gear.
My work and casual clothes are now a mixture of cotton drill, moleskin, corduroy, and linen.

Always on the lookout for jackets and waistcoats (ch 44 or 42 depending on cut) or trousers (w 36 or 38 depending on pattern). Let me know what you have.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big fan myself. I think I have 7 jackets, and about the same number of shirts and pants from them.

Prof H

Reaction score
Yes a great maker with real style, just looking through the wardrobe now: 2 shirts, 2 jerkins, 4 waistcoats,12 jackets, 11 trousers, 3 caps, 3 ties, a scarf, a belt, and a smock. I’ve sold on around a dozen items that didn’t quite fit or suit my frame (including an impulse buy pair of jodhpurs from EBAY).

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads