• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

CMT1

Reaction score
BTW The E30 is long gone. Probably should change the avitar. Had a few over the years . Miss the ’88 M3 I sold. One of the dumber things I’ve done.

Hindsight 20/20 and all that my man. A few friends and ex-owners feel the same way, but it's just how it goes.

I keep thinking about pulling my 91 325is out of storage and finally proceeding with the S54 swap, but I just can't bring myself to light that fuse so I'm content to continue letting it sit and appreciate. I'm sure if I'm ever ready to sell it the market will have shifted and it will be worthless, which is also the way it goes - For me. :brick:

Solverson

Reaction score
Hello, I got a pair of Momotaro 0306 in 18oz Zimbabwe cotton, sashiko pocket, how much are these going to strectch?

TheloniusDrunk

Reaction score
Sad news. Had a flight and there was some tacky jolly-rancher like candy near the footwell I didn’t see. Anyone know how to clean this out?

the fades are starting to really come in on this pair. I’d hate to have to start over
ADEC0F24-BE62-473D-A44E-5AE766D6C79D.jpeg

TheloniusDrunk

Reaction score
Update: was able to get 95% of it out with just light dabbing with wet water over about 4 iterations. Good enough for me until whenever I do my first wash

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After wearing them for a few months, I've come to the conclusion that the 15THB02 is one of my all-time favorite pairs of jeans. They fit me well and I really like the broken twill denim. I like them so much that I decided to get a second pair, which is something I have only done once previously. Unfortunately, there are only a few scattered sizes left around the world, but they're mostly gone at this point. I spent some time searching and managed to track down a second pair at Burg und Schild. Both the jeans and the store are highly recommended.

willy156

Reaction score
Hey yall, just got a size 33 momotaro 0105sp narrow tapered in, lmk how they look. they fit fine for the most part, I needed a pair of jeans with roomy thighs but smaller waist and a high enough rise to prevent a plumber's crack showing when bending over.

Attachments

• 20220921_091821.jpg
    20220921_091821.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 136
  • Front.png
    Front.png
    350.5 KB · Views: 97
  • Rear.png
    Rear.png
    302.5 KB · Views: 541
  • Side.png
    Side.png
    255.5 KB · Views: 616
Last edited:

CMT1

Reaction score
Killer - Love the taper. I had to send my 0205SPs to Railcar to get that non-cavernous leg opening, and the fit looks awesomely comfortable even brand new.

They shouldn't shrink much with time/age/washing, and the waist always stretches back out after washing on mine, so if you like fit right now, I'd think you're good to go!

willy156

Reaction score
Killer - Love the taper. I had to send my 0205SPs to Railcar to get that non-cavernous leg opening, and the fit looks awesomely comfortable even brand new.

They shouldn't shrink much with time/age/washing, and the waist always stretches back out after washing on mine, so if you like fit right now, I'd think you're good to go!
thanks, it's my first time buying momotaro and they fit fine right out the box. I look forward to wearing these hard in the fall and winter

Reaction score
Hey all, new to raw denim but interested in a pair of Momotaro 0905sp. I'm a shorter guy and I saw that they offer inseam adjusting from the Momotaro site, how much can I expect for these jeans to shrink and how much on the inseam should I compensate? Or am I better off getting them first, washing to see shrinkage, and then just getting it hemmed then? Thanks.

Gonzo9

Reaction score
Hey all, new to raw denim but interested in a pair of Momotaro 0905sp. I'm a shorter guy and I saw that they offer inseam adjusting from the Momotaro site, how much can I expect for these jeans to shrink and how much on the inseam should I compensate? Or am I better off getting them first, washing to see shrinkage, and then just getting it hemmed then? Thanks.

I would wear and wash before adjusting the inseam.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're sanforized, so there shouldn't be much shrinkage. If you want to be extra cautious, add a half inch to your preferred length. I don't think there's much need to wash, then hem.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads