• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made to Measure Tux - Help!

haiguise

Reaction score
Indochino looks terrible. I voat not to get Indochino.
devil.gif

SVC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CousinDonuts
@SVC - I just recently received my Indochino tux back from the tailor (cuff adjustments) and am looking forward to the first wearing this weekend. I went with a one button peak lapel with double vents. I did not get flaps on the pockets, but looking at Google tux pictures I'd say you're 50-50, so it's personal preference. 2 items to note: 1) I chose the natural shoulder. There is very very little padding, as you would expect, which makes the shoulder pretty flimsy if you're carrying the jacket. Now given that you will have your jacket on almost all of the time, this probably isn't a big deal. However, to me black tie means a little more structure and if I did it again I'd get the standard shoulder. Again, personal call here. 2) The one-button comes with a deep gorge. The button sits right at my belly button. If you want a higher gorge (above your bellybutton) then go with 2button. As far as those questioning you about the quality, I guess I'd respond with a question...how often are you wearing the tux, and who will be at the event with you? If you attend 1-3 functions a year (as I do) and you're with a conservative crowd, not in a big city, then you will be just fine. You'll look better than 98% of the people simply because it fits properly. Now if you're canoodling with Hollywood starlets, investment bankers, or other ultra wealthy individuals, you may want to reconsider and go for a higher-tier brand. Just my 2 cents...
Thanks for the details, CousinDonuts. Why'd you get dual vents vs. no vents, by the way? I think that's the one remaining major detailing that I'm sorting through... probably because I've simply never had a no vent jacket and don't have a frame of reference for comparison. I really appreciate the feedback about the gorge on the 1-button. I'll email Indochino to see if I can get a 1-button DJ that's cut more along the lines of a 2-button. And... I do work on Wall Street, but I'm a 25 year-old junior guy. I think that most of the folks my age are still rockin' Mens Wearhouse. My goal is not to outshine my MDs at this point, but rather to get a good workhorse tux for my mid-twenties and further refine my own personal style. I think this Indochino one should suffice for that purpose! Please let me know any additional feedback after your event! Enjoy.

SVC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by haiguise
Indochino looks terrible. I voat not to get Indochino.
devil.gif

Haha perhaps... did you order from them and not get a particularly good result? I've been 2 for 2 with them so far (trench and shirt), with the shirt fitting even better than my Ascot Chang ones. But maybe I've just been lucky!

SVC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CousinDonuts
2) The one-button comes with a deep gorge. The button sits right at my belly button. If you want a higher gorge (above your bellybutton) then go with 2button.

Donuts, just emailed IndoChino, and they said they can do a higher gorge / button stance without a problem. Perhaps you could ask for a remake (assuming it's within the time limit)?

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SVC
Donuts, just emailed IndoChino, and they said they can do a higher gorge / button stance without a problem. Perhaps you could ask for a remake (assuming it's within the time limit)?

I didn't mind the lower button stance because I figure with a one-button it creates a longer torso look anyway. For my 2 button suits I go for slightly higher, but as long as it isn't below my belly it's cool.

I went with double vents because I like the look of them on my suits. To me, the peak lapel was classic, while the double vent made it a bit more modern since double vents are popular currently.

I was an IB analyst out of undergrad. No one expects you to dress that well. In fact, the MDs will wonder why you aren't in the office! I was on the Street when all the firms made suits mandatory again. You should have seen us 22yo's flock to Joseph Banks! A good fit is a great first step. When you start making big bucks then you can step up to the next level. Good luck!

Alex C

Reaction score
Resurrecting this thread:

Anyone who got an Indochino tuxedo have any fit/finish pics? I'm interested in a MTM tux and am deciding who to go with.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
latinphrases33