• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny statement from the AM email week about Imola:

Imola has provided the stage for indelible moments in F1 history, including Fernando's pulsating battles with Michael Schumacher in 2005 and '06.

So crazy that Alonso is still competitive. The Schumacher era seems like a lifetime ago.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let's see how Lando's friendship with Max plays out tomorrow. Easy to be Max's friend when you're not a threat to him. Become a threat to him, and I think he'll wash down his friend's liver with a Heineken 0.0.

Don't take no sh!t, Lando!

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think Lando is the only friend Max has ever had, so he gets a lot of leeway here…

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Lando is the only friend Max has ever had, so he gets a lot of leeway here…
The first turn tomorrow is going to speak volumes about who Lando is and what he can be.

Don't take no ****, Lando!

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The first turn tomorrow is going to speak volumes about who Lando is and what he can be.

They both crash out so there czn be double points for Hass

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did you catch the pre-race coverage? A nice long piece on Lando and Maclaren after last week's win. It ends with Lando being interviewed by Rachel Brookes live in the pit area and Max comes up behind them with a bit of playful horseplay.

Rachel said laughing, "Lando's just been saying how he's going to get past you in turn one."

Max responds, "He can't do that...I'm not going to change my line."

It went from a fun kick in the pants to all business.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you catch the pre-race coverage? A nice long piece on Lando and Maclaren after last week's win. It ends with Lando being interviewed by Rachel Brookes live in the pit area and Max comes up behind them with a bit of playful horseplay.

Rachel said laughing, "Lando's just been saying how he's going to get past you in turn one."

Max responds, "He can't do that...I'm not going to change my line."

It went from a fun kick in the pants to all business.
I caught the bit where the drivers were coming out for the anthem and Sky was trying to catch Max to do a quick pre-race interview. He came out and another channel's anchor was talking to him and some guy just grabs the other anchor while Max continues walking talking to the Sky team.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great race. Lando just needed two more laps. After the way that Max pulled away over the first 40 laps, I was really shocked at the push Lando put on.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Eh, I think that was the best Lando could have done. The tire offset was used up getting near Max, and then it was over. More laps would just mean less delta in tire life.

Tsunoda and Hulk were mightily impressive in quali.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
none of us can say for sure, I guess, but Lando’s delta to Max was still very significant on laps 62 and 63, with the gap being 1.09s at the main straight at the penultimate lap, to 0.72 with DRS right before the checkered flag. I think laps 64 and 65, had they existed, would have been very spicy indeed.

I had live timing and the live feed of Lando and Will’s radio going, and Lando was certainly complaining about his tires going off. But given how he was reeling Max in, it looked like Max wasn’t doing great either.

What I couldn’t figure out is how Lando went from being reeled in and under serious threat from Leclerc, to flipping the switch and cutting Max’s lead by almost a second per lap. Will told Lando to change some settings and suddenly off they went like a Mario Kart ingesting a star…

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Apparently Max used up the tread, and the fronts lost grip. He started taking it easy to try to preserve the tires, but that caused them to lose bulk temperature, and he started bleeding time to Lando. I think the flipped switch was McLaren letting him off the leash to use up whatever performance the tires could give for the rest of the race.

I think they need to start the DRS zone closer to the exit of Rivazza instead of at start/finish. Watching DRS trains for 75% of the race is dull. Imola is an incredible track for quali, but it just isn't compatible with modern cars for racing.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justbo