• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jesse are we due for an updated options form for mtm suits soon? Would really help to know all lapel options.

jdp234

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoot an email to [email protected] and they should be able to give you a better idea.

Will echo that there is a significant need for an update there. The standard gorge--which the form urges--has an 8cm lapel, not a 9cm/3.5" lapel. But the form incorrectly states that it is 3.5".

That's a significant visual difference, and as a result I am less than completely satisfied with my second commission. I ordered a suit with a 3.5" lapel and received one with a 3.25" lapel, with no one at any point alerting me to that possibility in the order process. Will it ruin my enjoyment of the suit? No. But there is absolutely no excuse for that kind of sloppiness. Why on earth would the form urge that the "standard gorge" is recommended when all of the lapel width options are based on the disrecommended high gorge, and in fact there are no lapel options for the "standard" gorge?

It's just mindboggling.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Update sorely needed, especially because there are so many options (gleaned from my meeting w/Aaron and talking his ear off lol) that a prospective buyer would not be privy to from the current options list.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Update sorely needed, especially because there are so many options (gleaned from my meeting w/Aaron and talking his ear off lol) that a prospective buyer would not be privy to from the current options list.

I went back and forth many times in my own head on the decision of lapel size in my order, if I recall correctly from my correspondence/conversations I think the options are:

· High Notch 6cm through 11cm
· Low Notch 8cm
· High Peak 7cm through 11cm

Also, I think there is the option to get un-darted as well based off of the ivy style collab a while back, which is interesting too

Last edited:

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I've asked for an updated order form several times in this forum. Long overdue. I have a suit order pending now. Am comfortable with it as the jacket options mirror my first order here. I keep hearing about coming updates but would like to actually see them.

I picked up some great Fox Brothers flannel at their recent sale (http://www.themerchantfox.co.uk/prod/1094/limited-edition-cloth/300g-mid-grey-flannel-windowpane). Am looking to have a winter suit made but am not sure I'm going with @Kent Wang this time if there is so much confusion with the customizing process.

Come on, guys, interested customers need some help.

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Piling on to all of this... I'm interested in an MTM suit but holding off until the new system/form/options become available.

DSauerwald

Reaction score
Agreed. I've asked for an updated order form several times in this forum. Long overdue. I have a suit order pending now. Am comfortable with it as the jacket options mirror my first order here. I keep hearing about coming updates but would like to actually see them.

I picked up some great Fox Brothers flannel at their recent sale (http://www.themerchantfox.co.uk/prod/1094/limited-edition-cloth/300g-mid-grey-flannel-windowpane). Am looking to have a winter suit made but am not sure I'm going with @Kent Wang this time if there is so much confusion with the customizing process.

Come on, guys, interested customers need some help.

I've also been a KW MTM customer for 3 jackets now, but am considering going elsewhere next time.

First suit fit pretty well, and it's the one I'm happiest with; second suit has some fit issues due to KW staff's not fully understanding the new adjustments that had just been introduced at the time; and the third jacket had to be remade because of a factory mistake, but there are still problems even after the remake. The third jacket is an unstructured linen, and the lapel has issues in both iterations that didn't happen in the two canvassed jackets.

I love the flexibility KW offers in fabrics and customization, and the quality/price ratio is superb. Nevertheless, I've bought 3 jacketed garments and the best one is still somehow the first, which is not an encouraging sign.

Last edited:

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've also been a KW MTM customer for 3 jackets now, but am considering going elsewhere next time.

First suit fit pretty well, and it's the one I'm happiest with; second suit has some fit issues due to KW staff's not fully understanding the new adjustments that had just been introduced at the time; and the third jacket had to be remade because of a factory mistake, but there are still problems even after the remake. The third jacket is an unstructured linen, and the lapel has issues in both iterations that didn't happen in the two canvassed jackets.

I love the flexibility KW offers in fabrics and customization, and the quality/price ratio is superb. Nevertheless, I've bought 3 jacketed garments and the best one is still somehow the first, which is not an encouraging sign.
Interesting. I've had one sport coat made and a suit on the way. It's worked out for me so far but all the "discovery learning" via email is tiresome. Would appreciate a more user-friendly web presence and order form. I remain optimistic.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really not trying to be too caustic, just want to make sure I am completely informed of all the options before I commit money to another project.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, good company but always room to improve.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads