• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pmestrad

Reaction score
Speaking of silk vs wool/silk pocket squares. The pocket squares that I own are linen, cotton , or silk. What would be the difference between the silk and the wool/silk combo pocket square and the pros of each?

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's basically sheen v. matte appearance, and (in my opinion) the difference in a square's heft. I find silk squares tougher to stay propped up in my pocket. I would advocate only going 17" squares if pure silk is your preference...unless you are far better at placing squares than myself.

That said, I love KW squares, regardless of composition, to the point I'm partly compelled to have both silk and wool blend versions.

Jesse@KentWang

Reaction score
It's basically sheen v. matte appearance, and (in my opinion) the difference in a square's heft. I find silk squares tougher to stay propped up in my pocket. I would advocate only going 17" squares if pure silk is your preference...unless you are far better at placing squares than myself.

That said, I love KW squares, regardless of composition, to the point I'm partly compelled to have both silk and wool blend versions.

This is pretty much how I see the silk vs wool/silk as well. The wool/silk has more of an open weave and coarse texture relative to the silk. Though the silk has it's upside as the printing takes very well to it and the colors turn out much more vibrant than the wool/silk.

Here is a close up of the Star chart Cellarius in wool/silk vs the Rickshaw cart in silk.

2018-05-07 14.24.17_edited-2.jpg

2018-05-07 14.44.40_edited-2.jpg

Jesse@KentWang

Reaction score
Hey Kent, do you ship to Mexico? Do you know if there are import duties to cover?

We do ship to Mexico. I’ll send you a DM regarding duty but yes you would be responsible for any. It’s usually best to take a look at your local customs documents to get an idea of any charges.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Aaron's had at least a jacket (and maybe a suit) made MTM in a double-breasted configuration.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is a pic of a DB jacket that was done up for Aaron.

Note this is a 9cm lapel, 10cm also available.

Also note this has a patch breast pocket, so it's a 4/2 button front. With a welted pocket, we usually do a 6/2 button front.

contact [email protected] for more details, etc.

View attachment 995372

@Jesse@KentWang is there a current KW look book website with more examples of various options like the picture above??

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately not at this time.

Bummer, I know you guys are growing and have a bunch of different irons in the fire at the moment, but I think this would be a great addition to the site eventually!! I have a tough time visualizing MTM stuff in my head and examples like the picture are a great help (case in point, it showed me that if I ever decided to peak lapels or DB, I should shoot for 10cm instead of 9cm!)

Jesse@KentWang

Reaction score
Bummer, I know you guys are growing and have a bunch of different irons in the fire at the moment, but I think this would be a great addition to the site eventually!! I have a tough time visualizing MTM stuff in my head and examples like the picture are a great help (case in point, it showed me that if I ever decided to peak lapels or DB, I should shoot for 10cm instead of 9cm!)

We do certainly have more images but just not a formal lookbook season to season. If you have specific questions or looking for an example of anything in the MTM program just shoot an inquiry to [email protected]. Zach or Aaron will help you out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads