• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm Single...

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
Doesn't bother me (although you admitting to wanting to slug your ex several times is mildly disturbing). I just think it's an inane question because since when is violence gender-specific or physical disparity relevant. That's like saying it's ok for a little guy to beat up a big guy. It's no more acceptable for a woman to hit a man than it is for a man to hit a woman or a gay guy to hit another gay guy - unless you're like edmorel and happen to like that sort of thing
tounge.gif

deadhorse-a.gif
I don't think he was saying it's acceptable. He was wondering more about the legal ramifications. Not all of us poop rainbows and piss pixie dust and it's interesting to see how the law handles that.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
My ex BF that used to live with me in LA and I were VERY physical when we would fit. One time he pushed me, made me drop a glass of OJ, I picked it up while he was walking away, threw it at him and cut open the back of his calf.
That was the worse. Most of it was just headlocks and him crying and beating his fist on me because he thought I was cheating.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
My ex BF that used to live with me in LA and I were VERY physical when we would fit. One time he pushed me, made me drop a glass of OJ, I picked it up while he was walking away, threw it at him and cut open the back of his calf.
That was the worse. Most of it was just headlocks and him crying and beating his fist on me because he thought I was cheating.

laugh.gif
I'm sorry, it's probably not a funny haha situation, but I definitely lol'ed reading this.

jkennett

Reaction score
Most of it was just headlocks and him crying and beating his fist on me because he thought I was cheating.
Damn! That is fucked up man. I once had a violent girlfriend who was 5'0" 98lbs... so easily managed, but still intolerable. I couldn't even imagine someone my size trying to beat on me. I think I'd be throwing a lot more than a glass of o.j.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jkennett
Damn! That is fucked up man. I once had a violent girlfriend who was 5'0" 98lbs... so easily managed, but still intolerable. I couldn't even imagine someone my size trying to beat on me. I think I'd be throwing a lot more than a glass of o.j.

Judging from his suit size, SoCal seems like a pretty big guy. Still though, it certainly does change the dynamic a little.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
deadhorse-a.gif
I don't think he was saying it's acceptable. He was wondering more about the legal ramifications. Not all of us poop rainbows and piss pixie dust and it's interesting to see how the law handles that.

deadhorse-a.gif
I understood his question. My point was that the law is (theoretically) blind to gender in issues of domestic violence. The question regarding gay couples implies that woman on man abuse is legally different (i.e. more acceptable) than man on woman abuse. It's not.

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Interesting that this tidbit ended up in your "I'm Single..." thread...
devil.gif

Originally Posted by EL72
deadhorse-a.gif
I understood his question. My point was that the law is (theoretically) blind to gender in issues of domestic violence. The question regarding gay couples implies that woman on man abuse is legally different (i.e. more acceptable) than man on woman abuse. It's not.

"Theoretically" is the rub here. Despite the letter of the law, cops, judges, lawyers, prison guards, etc. are probably going to have the mindset that "beating a woman is never OK; beating a dude is OK in certain circumstances". I think (hope) most men are raised with this ethic. Since hitting women is a no-no but hitting men is more "OK" does that equate to a higher probability of domestic violence between gay men? I doubt it, but who knows, maybe I'm just sheltered out here in the suburbs where none of that ever happens.
sarcasm.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
Judging from his suit size, SoCal seems like a pretty big guy. Still though, it certainly does change the dynamic a little.

First: dood, 42"?

Second: SoCal, I notice a repeating theme: the person you are with is sure you are cheating. What's up with that?

Third: nothing personal, but as much as you are getting more sedate in your activities, e.g. nice dinner vs. clubbing, you have clearly not sown all your wild oats yet and think monogamy = monotony (okay, good argument to make but still).

It adds up to me that you just plain like the thought of a long term relationship but are not ready to live with the requirements of one. I'd just play the field for a few more years if I was you.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Did you have a steamy S&M relationship?

Did one of you dress up in an East German officer's uniform?

vc2000

Reaction score
While I love em fresh and 17-20, He's taking all of his stuff from my house right now back to his dorm.

Ok I have to ask where do you meet someone that is 17-20? It can't be at a bar because they aren't of age right?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vc2000
Ok I have to ask where do you meet someone that is 17-20? It can't be at a bar because they aren't of age right?

Barneys
Manhunt
Craigslist
Saks
Bergdorf Goodman
Jeffery
18+ Clubs

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
First: dood, 42"?

Second: SoCal, I notice a repeating theme: the person you are with is sure you are cheating. What's up with that?

Third: nothing personal, but as much as you are getting more sedate in your activities, e.g. nice dinner vs. clubbing, you have clearly not sown all your wild oats yet and think monogamy = monotony (okay, good argument to make but still).

It adds up to me that you just plain like the thought of a long term relationship but are not ready to live with the requirements of one. I'd just play the field for a few more years if I was you.

I don't know...last night, me, my boyfiend and 3 other dudes had an awesome time.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I don't know...last night, me, my boyfiend and 3 other dudes had an awesome time.

That ain't monogamy man! I'm not saying we never spice things up, like having one of her friends over topless or nude in the spa or another couple over and we all get naked, but no serious touching of other folks has happened in 11 years now. There's a difference between a little racey and a five some bro!

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Barneys Manhunt Craigslist Saks Bergdorf Goodman Jeffery 18+ Clubs
Meeting people via Craigslist seems so suspect, and I don't even know what Manhunt is. I'll bet you find a lot of conspicuous consumption young gays at those stores though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads