• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2.96 mi. in 25:44 Big hill at the end.
frown.gif

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
10.7 in 1:24. Finished faster than I started, but resorted to a couple of Clif Bloks at the end.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Thomas do you like the blocks better than the Gu of Cliff equivalent?
5.5 miles on friday afternoon,
11.5 miles last night (late night running really baffles the partiers in my area)
Good week for me.

jwied82

Reaction score
Originally Posted by samblackbones
11.5 miles last night (late night running really baffles the partiers in my area)
Good week for me.

I LOVE late night running. Probably 80% of my running over the last few years has been done at 8pm or later, with a good amount being closer to midnight or later.
I am not much of a morning person.

Anyway, just heading out for (hopefully) a long run now. Would like to run at least 90 mins.

Edit: Ended up running 16.0 in 1:48:12 (6:46/mi).

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by samblackbones
Good week for me.

This was my first time using them; I searched the pantry for any old Gu-type products to no avail, found only these. They were satisfactory - I finished the run thinking I could go another loop (to 12 miles), and I liked the flavor. However, you have to chew them, which I'm not accustomed to while running. Then again, I still haven't got the hang of drinking on the run, either.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Still struggling with a stiff achillies...took a whole month off and very light running began two weeks ago. Yesterday I did a 6 miler at about in about 45 minutes, no pain or stiffness AT ALL until the end, and now I'm a little sore.

Returningson

Reaction score
just got back, 5k (3.2 miles) in 23 mins. Then I take another 2 mile brisk walk to relax the leg muscles. (really just a further excuse to listen to the ipod a little longer) lol

saban

Reaction score
Usually i run 3mile every day morning. that is my regularly exercise. some time i run 1 or 2 mile evening time also bus its depend on my time. same as my daily activity today also i run 3 mile. that can give me good benefit in health to run every day.

Caesar Augustus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by callen
I am running 4 - 6 miles this evening probably around 8pm. Distance will depend on my knee.

As for when to run, out of the mid day heat is usually optimal. Heat stroke can ruin a day. I try to run in the mornings. It gives me a good pick me up for the entire day.

I always wondered if there were any pros or cons about running latter in the day instead of the morning. What do you think?

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a morning person. There is nothing better than starting a run with the stars in the sky and ending it with a sunrise. A run before breakfast is twice a run. A breakfast after a run is twice a breakfast.

This morning, at 44 degrees, five miles.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
I am a morning person. There is nothing better than starting a run with the stars in the sky and ending it with a sunrise. A run before breakfast is twice a run. A breakfast after a run is twice a breakfast.

This morning, at 44 degrees, five miles.

This: start under the stars, finishing with the sunrise. Also worth mentioning - around here, all the races are run in the early morning.

That said, 5.3 miles, 42 minutes. Wanted to pick up the tempo but it just wasn't there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads