• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

mylesmyles

Reaction score
6.2 miles on Saturday in 39:48
8.5 miles on Sunday in 1:02:19

Both runs in Central Park, weather was ideal.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mylesmyles
Saturday: Bear Mountain - 50 miles - 11 hours 1 minute 56 seconds - with over 14,000 feet of elevation change.

WOW. simply, wow.

mylesmyles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
WOW. simply, wow.

Thank you - it wa a grueling experience - but an a fulfilling one at the same time. I can't wait to run my next 50 miler and then work my way up to 100k's and potentially 100 milers. If you've ever run a mrathon, however you feel after that, running an ultra is 10 times the experience.

It also helps that's it a trail run, which keeps you focussed on the terrain more than the compeition, and seems to be easier on the legs (not that dropped 1000 vertical straight down is a walk in the park), but it alows you to appreciate the slower pace.

mylesmyles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD
UAE HEALTHY KIDNEY 10K race at central park this morning. nice weather 60F+ sunny and tons of runners (almost 8 thousand).

i like the 10k in central park because you actually run around the whole park. I also liked the later starting time, 9am, which made waking up on a saturday morning a little easier.

i think my favorite thing about this race was the t-shirt. it was a chepo tech wick shirt (at least), but it was WHITE... and a ton of participants actually wore it during the race.. which meant tons of ladies with nipples on display/wet t-shirt contest at spring break thing going! Sorry I didn't get to take pictures.. but did sneak some looks at the plentiful boobies on display.

This is one of the premier NYRR races of the year - some serious prize money was at steak (winner took home $27,000 for the win + course record) and yes this is the 2nd best shirt they give out, next to the TGL Lung Cancer shirt which is a new balaance tech shirt. The Poland Spring marathon kickoff in October is also an above average shirt. The rest sem to collect dust in a pile in my coat closet.

How did you do? I'm running Brooklyn as well next week - i'm attempting top run all 5 boro's this year, we'll see if it happens.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
NONE damn it. I hate healing.

It beats the alternative, which is remaining injured. That said, I know that frustration. Years ago I was mid-way through a 10k when ITBS flared up and stopped me cold. Ended up riding in the trailing cop car back to the finish line, where Mrs. Thomas was waiting for me. That was a bad, bad Sunday.

Today: 4 miles, 31-ish minutes. Not as easy as it was a few weeks back. Not getting enough sleep, and conversely, have lost a good bit of the mileage base from a few months back.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mylesmyles
This is one of the premier NYRR races of the year - some serious prize money was at steak (winner took home $27,000 for the win + course record) and yes this is the 2nd best shirt they give out, next to the TGL Lung Cancer shirt which is a new balaance tech shirt. The Poland Spring marathon kickoff in October is also an above average shirt. The rest sem to collect dust in a pile in my coat closet.

How did you do? I'm running Brooklyn as well next week - i'm attempting top run all 5 boro's this year, we'll see if it happens.

nice see you at prospect. well i'm a slooow assed runner (10min/mile if above 10k race) i finished in 61min..

..... but i've actually run the usual NYRR 4mile races with a pace of (8:45/mile). something about that 5mile mark that i just break down. i just like joining those races to finish... if i'm not feeling it then i'll just slow down to a jog and enjoy the scenery.

Borrelli

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips, anti.
7.4 miles in 79 minutes. Tried to drink a lot in the hours before the run, and took a small bottle with me. Stopped to stretch a few times, adjusted my pace and stride to be able to keep going. Let's see how I feel in the next couple of days. I've got a 10k this Saturday. I won't break any records, just try to go injury free.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
really not been running much.. Amazingly its been affecting my rock climbing endurance, which is weird and lame... But I played ultimate frisbee for 2 hrs today, that was nice.
confused.gif

mylesmyles

Reaction score
5.2 miles in 39:56 this morning. First day of the spring running in my VFF's after resting them for the winter (it's too cold to wear them outside in NYC in winter). Feet are feeling sore but in a good way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads