• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr Engineer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi peeps,

Have not posted in a good while. Oh well, thought I should share some with you guys.

by Not too sure what's going on with the shoulder pads on the suit jacket….
shog[1].gif
That Jacket>>>>>>>>

The shoulders on that suit jacket don't sit on your shoulder properly. I think you benefit with natural shoulder suit jackets/sportscoats

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice, both Crust and SB!

EDITED: Larger pictures

Last edited:

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

StyFo vendors: Luxire, Panta, LuxeSwap

Not sure about that tie, but the square looks like a bastard at a family reunion.

Suit is bawse

Very nice, both Crust and SB!

I'm not sure what this is meant to be, Koala-T, but it's dull, lacks contrast, and everything needs a press. Collar needs attention too: stays are your friends.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Care to offer anything constructive? In which way do you find it dull and lacking in contrast? You see, I'm often confused by the feedback I get here. Three days ago, everyone was saying how much dark colors were my friends, and these were the best fits I'd posted, and they were all dark, fairly low contrast outfits. Yet here, I'm wearing a dark navy jacket, brown pants, and a bright red sweater vest, and it lacks contrast. I'm not mad, you see, just confused.

Also, it's supposed to be a suit of clothing. That is all.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:

My comment was constructive, but I can elaborate. Insufficient contrast between top and bottom. It's hard to tell from your pics, but it looks to me like you're wearing your 'at home' clothes + a tie.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:

My comment was constructive, but I can elaborate. Insufficient contrast between top and bottom. It's hard to tell from your pics, but it looks to me like you're wearing your 'at home' clothes + a tie.
So, Navy blue and mid brown donegals are not enough contrast? Would you suggest another color, aside from light gray, that would work here? What are "at home" clothes? You'll have to excuse the general rumpledness. I've been living out of a suitcase for a week and a half, so obviously, I couldn't bring my entire wardrobe with me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads