• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
well aside from that the tie is unfortunate though I can appreciate the attempt at high contrast and mixing patterns (what's the rule on patterns here? i think i can do up to 3, or perhaps 5 though quite tricky to avoid looking like a zoo at that point). And the red socks ... are the shoes navy ??
now that i see him shadow boxing i like it more though.

i don't think i'm wrong in my assessment of where this classic timeless style (ugh...i said it...) is based. that's where your time point falls, and i said it here as well as swd.

yeah the unfortunate truth of mom's basement fits is something to be suffered, not really a factor in determining style though. if you want hard core city life fits check sz you'll likely not see parents' homes as much...

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shoes are probably black.

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

well aside from that the tie is unfortunate though I can appreciate the attempt at high contrast and mixing patterns (what's the rule on patterns here? i think i can do up to 3, or perhaps 5 though quite tricky to avoid looking like a zoo at that point). And the red socks ... are the shoes navy ??
i don't think i'm wrong in my assessment of where this classic timeless style (ugh...i said it...) is based. that's where your time point falls, and i said it here as well as swd.
yeah the unfortunate truth of mom's basement fits is something to be suffered, not really a factor in determining style though. if you want hard core city life fits check sz you'll likely not see parents' homes as much...

You remind me a lot about a guy who used to be active here name Film Noir Buff. He does not wear fashion-wear, though.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

well aside from that the tie is unfortunate ... And the red socks ... are the shoes navy ??

Re: The Tie:

1) Thank you; I am of an unfortunate mindset this morning...

Re: The Shoes

2a) Black, actually.

2b) Yes, I wear black with navy.

2c) No, I don't care.

Keep on keeping on...

Last edited:

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, gotta protect yourself from those body shots.

Ain't that the truth.

Kill the body and the head will follow.

(Can we apply this reasoning to MC? Has me thinking...)

Last edited:

ianGP

Reaction score

nz2lau.jpg

Jonah Hill......?

I do love the look! That SC :inlove:
Thumbs upped!

Last edited:

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new St. Crispin Rapier features a Kevlar-lined toecap with spring-activated double-sided, spear-point blade in S30V super-steel to give that extra oomph to your Savate-styled liver jabs...

Hand-stitched and welted, of course

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

Re: The Shoes

2a) Black, actually.

2b) Yes, I wear black with navy.

2c) No, I don't care.

Keep on keeping on...

black & navy is a faux pas i take it ? well in any case, i've heard others say it in the other sub-forum , and i don't agree with it. i think it can look quite nice when done right.

sweet moves, btw

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The new St. Crispin Rapier features a Kevlar-lined toecap with spring-activated double-sided, spear-point blade in S30V super-steel to give that extra oomph to your Savate-styled liver jabs...
Hand-stitched and welted, of course

This is the video that inspired the shoe - a re-definition of the concept of "sensible footwear" . . .

Last edited:

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Shah, what gdl says is correct. Proportion and fit are an elemental part of classicly tailored clothes (in my mind, the most important after the overall style,) and the type of moody/lifestyle/catalog shot poses in SW&D do not work for this.
The ideal thing, aside from seing the man in person, would be video or motion image but that's been done only a few times. Next best is photos in the round from different angles, but that takes more effort than nearly everyone in MC cares to give.
So, the robo-pose. In fact, the less "personality" in the photo, the easier it is to see what's up.

For your robo-pose, yes. For most others, no. What I consider the typical MC "robo-pose" is good for showing how the guy would look as Frankenstein on Halloween. It sheds light on how clothes fit on a guy who has contorted himself awkwardly to make his clothes look like they fit. But how often is a guy going to stand like that? Never. Be much better if guys would just stand there relaxed. Hands hanging normally at sides if going for a fit critique.

Personally, I'm much more interested in how a guy looks as he goes about his day than in playing iTailor based on an awkward photo.

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

For your robo-pose, yes. For most others, no. What I consider the typical MC "robo-pose" is good for showing how the guy would look as Frankenstein on Halloween. It sheds light on how clothes fit on a guy who has contorted himself awkwardly to make his clothes look like they fit. But how often is a guy going to stand like that? Never. Be much better if guys would just stand there relaxed. Hands hanging normally at sides if going for a fit critique.
Personally, I'm much more interested in how a guy looks as he goes about his day than in playing iTailor based on an awkward photo.

Perhaps the best the best pose for SFers, then, would be seated at a computer typing angrily.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads