• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Took in the California Design exhibit at LACMA this afternoon.

Shirt: Brooks Brothers MTO
Trousers: Howard Yount
Belt: Polo
Shoes: Crockett & Jones for Polo
Socks: j.crew

ryan gosling from the notebook?? :inlove:

Dude, thought the exact same thing when I first glanced at this pic! Great look Morgan.

Snebbu

Reaction score

Details on the tie? And can't see the outfit from the pics. Try using a friend next time, or a mirror. :teach:

+1, it looks great.

Thanks! It's a linen/cotton blend, very nice fabric. I've recently decided to try and make my own ties, the one I'm wearing in the picture is made by myself. It may be not perfect yet, but I feel like I'm improving!

And yeah, hopefully I should be getting a new camera soon, and I'll see what I can do about my photo quality and if I can have them be taken by someone else!

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks! It's a linen/cotton blend, very nice fabric. I've recently decided to try and make my own ties, the one I'm wearing in the picture is made by myself. It may not be not perfect yet, but I feel like I'm improving!

wow, thats great man. keep on rocking.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree.
I worry about the color of this suit on you. It seems very cold and gray. And given your black hair, dark eyes, etc. etc. I wonder if a bluer or browner color might liven your look up a bit.
But again - a fit pic would really help.

You hit the important point
i look better in darker suits
i didn't know the why... but i just knew
which is why i wear charcoal, navy, etc.

I am going to try it on a few more times... but i will probably have to take it back

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mid-light grey is a fine, staple color for a suit. It goes with everything. Keep it if it fits.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! It's a linen/cotton blend, very nice fabric. I've recently decided to try and make my own ties, the one I'm wearing in the picture is made by myself. It may be not perfect yet, but I feel like I'm improving!
And yeah, hopefully I should be getting a new camera soon, and I'll see what I can do about my photo quality and if I can have them be taken by someone else!

The tie is great, even better since you made it yourself. I really can't get with the outfit as a whole though. It's inoffensive, which may be what you are going for, in a workplace context for example, in which case, fine. However, it seems a bit washed out, and all rather too much of the same hue - in other words a bit dull. But that's only my opinion and many others here with different ideas of what works will completely disagree. It also may be something to do with the photo quality, as you mentioned.

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hacking pockets, unless used for actuak sport, are feminine.
That patch is much more practical for phones than the big ones, think practically...tailoring=engineering.

but isn't easier to stick your big paw inside the big pocket and pull something out than it is to stick a few fingers in that ticket pocket and pull out a phone?

It's always easier to stick your big paw inside anything, but it far more elegant to use your fingers.

More stuff to be prepared, new bespoke overcoat, heavy printed silk twill for details and the little lining it will have.
DB navy pure cashmere (Joshua Ellis), jetted pockets with large jets and stitching that alludes to a patch pocket (pure decoration as the pick stitching can not hold anything constructio-wise; it's an extremely decontructed coat), fake martingala back, turn ups on the sleeves, almost nothing inside.
The deal is to give it maximum (optical) structure whilst being actually deconstructed.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
checking in....havent posted a fit all week...heres one from last week...thursday if i recall...

Versace suit, white borrelli shirt, armani tie, sutor double monks, new pantherella socks, watch by rolex, creed aventus cologne....

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, my clothes do work for me in my life. My style has remained fairly static for many years now, and I dress casually most days, though I'm perceived as being dressed up by those around me. That suits me fine. It's really that I like to dress up and take advantage of any opportunity to do so. While I recognize that all clothing is costume, I think we can all agree that we strive to look comfortable in our clothes, and don't want to be described as "costumey." Again, I can attribute this partly to dining with a group of strangers, but it's a bit awkward to have your clothing garner undue attention. An interesting parallel is that I wore the same suit the previous weekend to an opening party at the Hammer Museum. The event was for the show Now Dig This! which is a survey of African American artists in Los Angeles from 1960-1980. I expected there'd be a lot of well dressed black men at the show, and I was right. In that context, I was well dressed, I got some complements and approving nods here and there, but I was also fairly anonymous. I want more opportunities to be in settings like that, but the truth is that I have very few of them, which is a bummer.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I can empathise with a lot of this post, esp. the part I bolded. I live somewhere where dressing up a bit - and a bit eccentrically - is not all that unusual (especially within certain circles) so I get the opportunity and latitude frequently. I still take it to the edge sometimes, even given that latitude. If I lived elsewhere, I am certain I would not dress as I currently do. On the second part of your post, I do find it interesting how traditions of dressing up have persisted rather more within some black subcultures; it's possible to construct several different hypotheses as to why this may be so, but regardless of the reason, I like that it has.

A couple of weekend outfits; was going to post them in the MC Casual thread, but think they're just about more appropriate for the main one:

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

checking in....havent posted a fit all week...heres one from last week...thursday if i recall...

Versace suit, white borrelli shirt, armani tie, sutor double monks, new pantherella socks, watch by rolex, creed aventus cologne....

That suit never fails to make an impression, and you always coordinate it well with that day's chosen accessories.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I actually like the smaller patch pocket.

I do too. I have them on 2 or 3 Luciano Barbera jackets. They are ideal for your phone because the larger outer pocket would show an obvious sage from the weight or it's outline. Using the smaller inner pocket disguises that.

I also like it as in interesting aesthetic addition, just because. It is a little twist that a few folks will notice.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
looks nice bleachboy, i like the colors the most. awesome shoes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads