• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Almost done =)
j3LXs.jpg

rH7ik.jpg

lapel looks like it's pulling a little because there's a pin there holding it, it shouldn't pull when it's done

Fits looks good :).

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spoo - is your tie pulled or is it raw silk? Hard to tell on my smaller screen. I love the look at love the purple; I try to incorporate it is often as possible.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Spoo - is your tie pulled or is it raw silk? Hard to tell on my smaller screen. I love the look at love the purple; I try to incorporate it is often as possible.

As I believe Spoo is having a busy week I'll jump in answer this question for him. Hope nobody minds.

The tie is a Drake's raw shantung silk. Unlined and handmade and very fine. I bought two from user Gyasih (don't know if he has any more)

User Thinkderm still has a few of these available in B/S for a great price - I believe even one in Lavender - if it's still available.

Not to sound like a salesmen - but they really are great ties for summer - very sophisticated.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

XKxRome0ox

Good!

To wear shirts with double cuffs need to kostruktsii jacket sleeves provide a small extension at the end. Ate a significant, but necessary. It does not look fashionable, but in very classic and appropriate with french cuffs shirts.
i can't quite figure out what victorsf is saying... can someone help me decipher this message? i had mentioned that my french cuffs were pushing my suit jacket sleeve up because the cuffs are so big and i had a hard time trying to keep the right amount of cuff showing

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just out of curiosity... do folks like their women in 'classic' stuff too?

Classic is good, but I prefer women in Post-Modern stuff, or, if I'm feeling kinky, Art Deco.

VictorSF

Reaction score
kevinsp8

Thank you for your comment!

The logo on the chest here is not coincidental.
This is a special blazer, which is sewed specially for fans of the private club of classical style, one of the organizers of which I also am. Also, the organization of this club is directly involved in the son of Pronin - Gregory.
For blazers logo was taken from the first letter of the name Pronin, but this letter is connected with several other hidden meanings.
The letter "P" stands for multiple meanings are known only to club members. Needle and Nutcombe symbolizes love are sewn to order products, as well as direct involvement in it and very Pronin.
It's fun club, in which participants have fun and try to dress elegantly, sometimes severely, sometimes with humor. Conversing on various topics and participate in various events that are associated with style, sports, recreation and many others.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HF, that's another nice look with a sedate tie. What's happening with your tie selection? Will Pucci be back next week?

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
HF, that's another nice look with a sedate tie. What's happening with your tie selection? Will Pucci be back next week?

lol - well, last Monday's tie was a pretty wild paisley print; they're still there in the mix. I tend to like wild prints, moderately patterned "flat" wovens, and solids for ties with prominent/rough weaves. All of them are actually pretty attention-grabbing, in their own different ways. It just happened that the last 2 tie days have been in the solid/heavily-textured camp. Never fear; I'll never "do" quiet. :)

Last edited:

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Still not fully ready to admit that this suit was a tragic mistake.

Please understand this is coming from someone who generally really enjoys your fits, but I have to know: Are you wearing some of your bolder outifts for work or play, and if it is work-what kind of work do you do that allows that kind of leeway at the office? And no suit is truly a tragic mistake, there is a time and place for every suit (as long as it is not from Mens Wearhouse...). And I think Mr. Blue is very cool (of course not for a job interview, court appearance or funeral...)

VictorSF

Reaction score
victor - who makes today's bag? where to buy yesterday's beretta? like the shoes and cufflinks from today. details on both?

Today in photos of the bag Berluti

I bought a bag yesterday in Moscow provider who orders the goods from Italy
About the price - there are notably Russia. Our prices for such goods are often overestimated by 2-3 times compared with European and American. This is especially marketing and customs in Russia. Very sad but fact is fact.
The bag had a price-list price in Russia about 2000-2500 Euro, I bought with a discount provided by the supplier.

Shoes on the photo today - it's Cheaney Grosventor

cufflinks - a Dunhill, Limited Edition, onyx and silver.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads