• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Awwww! Come on, Mr. Titsworth. It's summertime!

Nobody says you have to play, but I'd appreciate it if you did! :nodding:

Test shirt came in. Now to wear and wash and wear it again, then finish up the order.
5978032865_9165daf296_z.jpg

bafe

Reaction score

Pink twill BD from unkown maker.
Gray chinos.
Brown double monk (from ebay, unkown maker), striped socks

Barbour panama.
Green/Black vintage silk tie from "Chemiserie Moderne" (In Zürich, doesen't exist anymore)
Vintage navy blue blazer in very heavy serge.

bafe

Reaction score
I understand completely. Get yourself a tripod and get outdoors.

Ahem. You're really putting that bottom button to the test there, sir.
smile.gif

I have one, but it's not at my place. I hope to get it this Saturday.

VictorSF

Reaction score
Thank you for your comment!

Once again I apologize, but I do not speak English. Translate to an electronic translator.

Do not quite understand the meaning of this question, if not difficult to rephrase please.

Thank you for your understanding!

I like these- ideally they'd come once a day. But now, to give you a bit of a hard time: what's with the shoes! On a chopper?

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you for your comment!

Once again I apologize, but I do not speak English. Translate to an electronic translator.

Do not quite understand the meaning of this question, if not difficult to rephrase please.

Thank you for your understanding!
Ваши ботинки выглядят странно с этим мотоциклом.

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This forum has gone to the dogs. I used to be addicted because everything seemed so fresh, with a wide array of posters who were both committed and inventive with posts and threads. Now the only people who seem to post are <100 post people, and the only things those with more than 1000 posts seem to voice are complaints. StyleForvm was in its death throes before the changeover, lots of people said that, and I agreed.

Now, after the changeover, with its clunky operating and invasive adverts, the final nail has been put in the coffin. I think its only a matter of time until the old guard goes away, and people like myself who used to have a passion for this site join the ranks of SoCal, Trini, Mao, Vox, PhatGuido, Barims &c. and just disappear.

Spoo and his sycophants are welcome to it.

I officially switch my sycophantic pledge to Ich Dien. Hail my new leader.

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ваши ботинки выглядят странно с этим мотоциклом.

... google translate...
Yes, yes, they do. A bike like that calls for wearing leather boots. Just a friendly comment.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pink twill BD from unkown maker.
Gray chinos.
Brown double monk (from ebay, unkown maker), striped socks

Barbour panama.
Green/Black vintage silk tie from "Chemiserie Moderne" (In Zürich, doesen't exist anymore)
Vintage navy blue blazer in very heavy serge.
Hi Bafe - Thanks for your second post. How's the weather in Zurich? I offer you the following obervations: 1.) Belt and shoe seem fine to me. I'm sure some folks around here will hate your socks - but for a casual fit I say have fun with them. 2.) The hat is ok - but perhaps would look better at an rakish angle. And perhaps better still to not wear it all - would have to see your face without it to determine for sure. 3.) I'm not fan of the meh color of your tie. And please tie it such that it reaches your belt. 4.) You have a somewhat challenging build to dress. You will do well to consider this further as you develop more fits. To that end fits which are dark on top/light on bottom or vice versa are generally not flattering to fuller frames. Try to build some outfits with lower contrast between the two halfs. You will find that if you focus on creating continuity from shoulder to toe in your jacket/pant/belt combinations that it will more flattering on you. 5.) Is your lapel collar flipped up in back. If so stop it now and never do it again. Best - G

Last edited:

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Something less saturated. I find very pale ties hard to work with in general. Maybe a stone cotton suit? Very light gray three piece?

At the risk of sounding unintentionally insulting, it might be more manageable if you covered a good portion of it with a vest or sweater.

I agree...though I think it would probably be workable with any solid grey suit. And matched with a white, straight-fold PS...that tie needs to be playing alone on the jungle gym.

bafe

Reaction score
Hi Bafe - Thanks for your second post. How's the weather in Zurich?

I offer you the following obervations:

1.) Belt and shoe seem fine to me. I'm sure some folks around here will hate your socks - but for a casual fit I say have fun with them.
2.) The hat is ok - but perhaps would look better at an rakish angle. And perhaps better still to not wear it all - would have to see your face without it to determine for sure.
3.) I'm not fan of the meh color of your tie. And please tie it such that it reaches your belt.
4.) You have a somewhat challenging build to dress. You will do well to consider this further as you develop more fits. To that end fits which are dark on top/light on bottom or vice versa are generally not flattering to fuller frames. Try to build some outfits with lower contrast between the two halfs. You will find that if you focus on creating continuity from shoulder to toe in your jacket/pant/belt combinations that it will more flattering on you.
5.) Is your lapel collar flipped up in back. If so stop it now and never do it again.

Best - G
Hi, thank you for the advices. The weather really sucks, but since I have to prepare some exams, no problem.
1)I'm a student, this means no dress code for me and I'm completly free to have fun
2)I'll post a picture without it as soon as possible.
3)I really like it, perhaps it isn't very bold or impressive but under the right light I find it look great on a pink shirt (By the way, I couldn't find any other color that matches pink shirts as good as green does, maybe a black knit silk would have been ok)
4)I know, I'm quite fat, sadly I don't own many light jackets or dark pants (apart from a winter flannel pair), I'm searching all the local thrift shops for lighter jackets that fit me.
5)I did it inadvertently while preparing for the self shot, I'm not a fan of the look.
Thank you again for the advice.
PS It's my third post

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads