• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hustle hard.
8bff9b8c.jpg

7756f593.jpg

7f74a4fa.jpg

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
JapanAlex, you don't need to apologize to me. Spoo, you need to apologize to everybody for that tie.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like that coat and the colors are nice, Spoo. The shoes go particularly well with the color of the coat and trou. Tie looks all wrong to me, though. Washed out when everything else is a study in contrasts.

(I won't mention the pattern ... :hide:)

Would like a wider spread on that collar. Or something. Those long points are distracting.

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I dont think that tie fits your suit well.

[/SPOILER]

Good to see you!

I've missed your posts of late.

I think your suit looks a-ok. It all seems well proportioned to me.

I'm not a fan of the shirt and tie as they appear in the photo - they seem a little weak to me. But I also suspect that is partially a function of the photo as well.

Most of all I'm just glad to see you 'round again.

Best - G

The tie was selected for sentimental reasons as much as its coordination with today's suit - it was a favorite of my late husband's, and I've been trying to figure out how to work it into one of my fits.

The color of the shirt and tie is a bit deeper than shows in the detail photo, and the texture of the weave of shirt, tie and suit are at variance with their appearance IRL - the weaves are smoother.

Thank you, G-Dot for the welcome back - it was good to take a hiatus, and it is good to be be back, if on an irregular basis (suit-wearing in a NYC summer is a sometimes thing).

BTW, add me to the list of worshippers of PhatG's suit today - way awesome.

Last edited:

VictorSF

Reaction score
SpooPoker

I like this combination.
Jacket is made from flax?

Phat Guido

Very beautiful photo and a combination of wardrobe items. As well as the rest of that frame! :)

Louis XIV

I was engaged in many sports. Among them were various martial arts forms and also the power of athletics.

On the issue of Lofer: what do you mean?

Loafer, I mainly from C&J, Church, Cheaney.

About what you ask?

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's a trap!

Lol, all jokes aside, I am up for this. Apart from being slightly masturbatory/egocentric/etc, I might learn something. Never mind the patronising nature (not really)/undercover nature of the post, that was/is the point, right? All that aside, it would be fun at least! I will write some bullet-points for positives and negatives, and then I'll write a small conclusion/note at the bottom—this may include small things that should be noted, or like you said, some in-your-shoes reasoning. I have gone home to my mum's to hang out with my little brother, who I don't get to see very often, so this may only really kick-start from Friday, which is when I go home!

Also, I would like to personally (and publicly) apologise to iammatt. If I was going to call you a douche, I should have been more specific/less bitchy about why I came to that conclusion. FWIW, I am tired of internet-morons, and I tend to shut off when I am faced with such people. I will retract my earlier statement that iammatt has no steez. I was wary about that in the first place (as I had no idea really), but what I meant was, from his comments, he came across as either being purposefully contrarian for the sake of it or just plain wrong, IMO. (This isn't sounding like a good apology, I know.) From those photos, he seems to dress well. That is what makes it even more difficult to understand his behaviour; he opposed a few/many of Spoo's fits, and not to get up Spoo's arse/get accused of that :)facepalm:), without giving any reasoning whatsoever! He must have known his reasoning would have been pretty specific, but he chose to act like a complete dummy! That said, I would like to put this e-***** behind us, as I know most members tire of such things easily. I would just like to state that I like to stand up for things regardless of who is going to become tired of it, which I assume you have all gathered...

Anyway, I will start saving images/critiquing. I will be polite, concise and hopefully helpful!

If this threak idea does turn out to be some sort of trap, I won't mind, because I am only seeing it from a positive light, and therefore, I won't be embarrassed! :) (And I would really like to see detailed critiques from iammatt/everyone else, too!)

Excellent. I look forward to seeing your well reasoned and considered thoughts.

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Greetings to all!

Some interesting looks; welcome. Perhaps slightly larger pics would be helpful too.

Sorry for the bad picture.

You got a fair bit of stick for that look, but I thought it was pretty good, in a retro-ish sort of way, assuming there was a jacket too, somewhere.

I really need to visit the V&A again. Nice setting for that pic!

Lots of class and very stylish!! Wow
nod[1].gif

Kind of you; thank you.

Today's suit is new - its debut wearing.

The best-fitting suit I've seen you post. Much better across the chest and torso than some of the others; no lapel bowing and proportions are pretty good.

Hustle hard.
8bff9b8c.jpg

Tie is insane. I'm trying to figure out the best look for it; its not this outfit, but I reckon it must have a role somewhere. Rest of the look is good, and for once I actually like the look of a split-toe shoe (this is a rare thing indeed for me).

Wasn't sure whether this belongs in this thread or the casual one, so figured I'd ensure maximum pollution by x-posting to both... :p

luQRZ.jpg

VictorSF

Reaction score
Holdfast

Thank you!

Photos larger than can be seen by opening each link in the galleries separate browser window.

Last edited:

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score

So, what could I do with those pants, apart from setting them afire or losing weight? Make a bowtie out of them? i really like the cloth, considering the price I paid for them, I'm open for destructive/radical alterations. Ah, I wansn't going commando!
I am not trolling. Those pants make you look like a woman. Those pants are probably beyond salvation, but perhaps your best bet (for these pants and for the future), is not to wear your pants so high it gives you a FUPA/makes ********** visible.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Your suits do have a shoulders, arms problem. But i really like this colours pattern.

Actually, I don't think his suit has got any of those problems. He wrote earlier in the thread that he is some kind of athlete, so those shoulders and arms are probably pretty close to his natural build. Agree with you on the colours though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads