• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing much to add, just a +1 on the suggestion that Clapeyron try higher rise pents. F*ck those who say they look old-mannish. There's no way a well built dude like him would look old-mannish
tongue.gif
What are your thoughts on higher rise pant's on the bigger dude (fat/short)?

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What are your thoughts on higher rise pant's on the bigger dude (fat/short)?

Always better for man, for any build and age.

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
im not an expert in technicalities. i am here to learn. i am not afraid to learn. even if at times, i may look bad.

anyhow, i still think there is truth to my method.

also, i always wear my pants at the same point on my waist. always. i wear them where they are most comfortable. and i imagine, i am not the only one. that being said, any additional rise, is seen in the crotch, not up the waist.

where the **** is ed?

why do I think that even if ed magically appeared and would disagree with you, like everybody else already, that you would still stubbornly hold on to your opinion?

it's a miracle that you are not buttoning the bottom button on your jackets because clearly, there is a button and a button hole, why wouldn't you button it then? it's so comfortable.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

im not an expert in technicalities. i am here to learn. i am not afraid to learn. even if at times, i may look bad.
anyhow, i still think there is truth to my method.
also, i always wear my pants at the same point on my waist. always. i wear them where they are most comfortable. and i imagine, i am not the only one. that being said, any additional rise, is seen in the crotch, not up the waist.
where the **** is ed?

Stitchy, think about it this way. What could a reasonable person want to adjust when it comes to trousers?

You can only really want the crotch low enough that it doesn't cramp your boys. Once you satisfy that condition, it gets harder to walk, not more comfortable. Now when you look at the Sartorialist or any non-Michael Alden photo from Pitti, you see that some guys even relax the no-moosenuckle condition. And like Sugarbutch said, dropcrotch is only for streetwear. But on classical stuff, difference in crotch room is measured in centimeters.

You could, however, want trousers that came a little further up your waist. If you wanted to wear a vest, for instance, and didn't want you waistband showing from underneath it. I'm with you - I prefer my pants to sit at one particular spot on my waist. For me - a low rise (i.e. a position right on my hips).

So crotch room is static but how far up your waist the pants come is variable. It's ambiguous from the measurements but that's how they does it.

Crotch room is determined by inseam length relative to the length of your legs. Rise is determined by outseam length relative to inseam length.

Last edited:

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The question is, what was I told? I am waiting for the penny to drop.

Solid green shirts probably don't have a reason to exist. But if they did, and if that shade were a little less... not appealing... (which it might be since you said the color was wonky in the photo), it would be an Easter or summer shirt. The sort of thing you wear with a blazer or cotton suit.

It doesn't go with a dark madder tie, even if the tie itself were less unattractive. And it doesn't go with tweed.

I love covert twill for trousers though.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WAYWN.jpg

Channeling my inner PG with the pose.

Jacket: LBM1911
Shirt: Borrelli
Tie: Ballantyne
Trousers: Incotex
Socks: Pantherella
Shoes: Crockett & Jones
Poste Italiane box: On it's way to member capua

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got today's suit back from BB, where they were adjusting the trousers (taking the waistline in a bit from when I had the suit made 2.5 years ago). I also had my first fitting for my latest indulgence - a navy D/B, which I should receive in about two weeks.

Suit - BB MTM
Shirt - Lewin
Tie - Tyrwhitt
PS - RLPL
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis, via DeNatale's, NYC
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand
Overcoat - BB
Hat - Selentino
Scarf - New & Lingwood

Last edited:

Albert Hal

Reaction score

More second hand/vintage: Jacket: Boss Cashmere, Trousers: Boss, Shirt: Melka, Tie: L´Alfiere, Como Italy from the 60´s, Watch: Waterproof from the 50´s Waistcoat: Homeknitted wool from the 50´s

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
blues greys and a touch of green.

bespoke SC, BB tie, Borrelli shirt, JCrew bowery fit trous, McNairy '**** off' square,Loake suede captoes, GMT IIc and creed bois du portugual.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
My curse, and my burden, is that my bathroom light turns all things blue and pink into white. On the plus side, I got a camera tripod. On the negative, I neglected to get a remote...focusing was a hassle...so no more such pictures one is purchased.

One side of the sweater is wonky. The pockets are aligned, so I have no idea (nor do I really care)

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I like everything individually; they kind of clash together, though.
This same outfit, sans the sweater, and as you said, a white square would be very cool, imo.
Wish I just went with a white square but f$#k it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads