• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamesgatz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As for the jennycraig comment, look to the avatar...Gibson don't care, Mel wants war
[/quote]

How about showing your own armor before declaring war.

Pingson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The suit is most flattering to a lean figure, it's just true. A guy like in stitches, someone who knows how to dress, would look better if a little leaner. Ogretrix, on the other hand, is bad with colors and has cheapish looking suits.

As for the jennycraig comment, look to the avatar...Gibson don't care, Mel wants war

Pingson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Poor lighting today, and hence the colours are a little off. The tie is actually bottle green, not the greyish-green it looks like in the picture. Also, I'm not overly fond of how the collars on the shirt came out :brick: .

Suit: Cavaliere MTM
Shirt: Charles Tywhitt
Tie: Marinella
PS: Amanda Christensen
Shoes: Church Balmoral

Last edited:

staxringold

Reaction score

This tie rocks.
[edit] just noticed the scarf. coveting it as I type this.

+10000 to both. Great as always upr_crust.

I am interested in what you think I should do to the pants. What should I tell my tailor? Thank you for your advice.

It may just be the wind dimpling the pants, but the legs seem outsized. That is, they just seem poofier (obviously I'm using technical tailoring language here :embar: ). Plus I'd say they could be a half-inch/inch shorter (they already seem a bit long, plus given the apparent fold near the cuff it seems they're longer than the cuff's lie in the photo suggests).

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

After hibernating at home, in total deshabille, avoiding the howling winds and rain of Sandy, I emerged this evening to take my partner out for his birthday dinner at Jean-Georges (which was quite a repast). He is something of a camera aficianado, so it took little effort for me to persuade him to take a few shots of me dressed as I was for dinner out.
w

The new post is awesome. I love the whole assemble but just with a different scarf

Victor Elfo

Reaction score
It may just be the wind dimpling the pants, but the legs seem out sized. That is, they just seem poofier (obviously I'm using technical tailoring language here
shog[1].gif
). Plus I'd say they could be a half-inch/inch shorter (they already seem a bit long, plus given the apparent fold near the cuff it seems they're longer than the cuff's lie in the photo suggests).

Are the trousers pleated? If so, the apparent bagginess could be the result of putting your hands in your pockets like that, the pleats can visually slim the pants.
But, even so, they are a bit more full that what I think that looks right for you (not sure if this was the style of the period that you was trying to emulate), so I would taper them a bit.
Also, they are too long, IMO. With your hand in your pockets (which pull the trousers up) the break is nice, but I feel that without your hands there the resulting break will be too much.

Edit: not sure why, but I really dislike flaps on DBs.

Last edited:

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh, I see. I am glad Orgetorix is at full liberty with calling those who own an opinion different from his own 'stupids'.

I don't call people stupid when they have different opinions, I call people stupid when they post stupid comments. Like calling Stitchy's pants "drop crotch" when they are obviously nothing of the sort.

As for the orgre fellow, he is in uniform and it shows. The fits appear to be good, but he is clearly an aficionado of dramatically ugly ties.

:rotflmao:

Ogretrix, on the other hand, is bad with colors and has cheapish looking suits.

I don't have a suit in my closet that cost me more than $150, so you must be right about that.

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I wore a ps today.
peepwall[1].gif

It was scary.

Burberry jacket, Hugo Boss tie, random Korean ps, mtm shirt, uniqlo trousers, AE shoes

Orgetorix, I envy your thrifting ability, and your name reminds me of something out of the Asterix and Obelix comics.

Last edited:

mjd

Supporting Member
Reaction score

The suit is most flattering to a lean figure, it's just true. A guy like in stitches, someone who knows how to dress, would look better if a little leaner. Ogretrix, on the other hand, is bad with colors and has cheapish looking suits.

Sounds like Mel needs a hug.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

okie dokie pardner.

1. thanks for the comments on my knowing how to dress. much appreciated, i certainly try.

2. i would look better leaner. i am however, not obscenely fat, i have a wife who is out of my league, nice clothes that fit, and i am kinda content. so, yeah, i could stand to lose a couple of pounds, mostly for colesterol and general health concerns, but i seem to lack the motivation. say la v. (sp? :) )

3. le big O, is actually, imo, one of the most consistently solid posters in this thread. i think his color matching is great, his fit is generally spot on, and his charming smile and pleasant demeanor always brighten my day. as well, he is terrific thrifter and bargain shopper. lots of high end stuff, at bargain basement prices. wish i could find things like he does.

4. critiquing is fine, but you would do better to frame your comments a little differently.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bombs away. Have at it doods. :)

u9arevez.jpg

y9ezu4e7.jpg

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads