• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

nope, my name is a mixture of this guy:

with the spelling altered to incorporate these guys:

I imagined that. I used this one cause of the star, the one that forms one of the shoulders of the Orion Constelation! :slayer:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I miss Victor. I jokingly put a hit out on him a few weeks ago (the involved parties would get the spoils). But.....uhhhhhhh....that stuff doesn't work, right?

Layered Player

Reaction score
I miss Victor. I jokingly put a hit out on him a few weeks ago (the involved parties would get the spoils). But.....uhhhhhhh....that stuff doesn't work, right?
He'll be back.

I'm of the opinion that he is/was an elaborate come on for some etailer.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So the no jacket thing...more than just to keep people from looking like they sell cellphones?
Nope. That's pretty much it.

I'd like to become a regular poster here without losing too much identity.
No problem. Just ignore the advice you disagree with. Some guys will get mad at you. Tough **** for them.

Ties with cardigans alright? What about jacket, shirt, no tie?
Tie w/cardigan is a go. Jacket w/o tie is also a go. But please include trou.

I really...really...really...like ties. And have OCD...
And when it gets cooler, there will be a jacket...and also a beannie...
I am honored that my shoes garnered their first hate from such an illustrious persona...
You're going to do very well here. :nodding:

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Claghorn: You're young enough that you can probably get away with the jacket-less tie/jeans thing, but I would recommend a button-down shirt in an oxford cloth and a more casual tie like a knit. The shoes, though, I cannot abide.

I agree. Denimz + tie is a thing (though probably past its fashion prime) but you're doing it all wrong.

The shirt needs to be slimmer - cant see much but the point-to-point (shoulder measurement) is too long.

That shirt is fine under a suit But for this it should be a BD oxford or end-on-end.

Knit tie is a good suggestion but narrow repp stripe is even better.

Pair it with suede shoes or cordovan wing tips.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Friday.

Brunello Cucinelli SC
Finamore shirt
Vanda Fine Clothing unlined 7 fold grenadine garza grossa
Rubinacci pochette
Alden for Brooks Brothers shell cordovan pennies

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Spoo, those shelly loafers are trying really hard to make me like loafers. I'ma stay strong, though! :D

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Thank you for the tips! I'm 20 and just getting into suits. I work at a real estate office here in Miami and unfortunately business casual here means wearing a polo and jeans. That being said their "black tie" event (their wording not mine,) was a disaster. Even with what I was wearing I still overdressed. (like they say I do every day anyways). Ill let you guys know now, I live on my own so after paying for the basics of living, and the girlfriend, I try to put whatever money I can into my wardrobe. That being said, my suits right now won't be the most expensive and unless Miami drops 50 degrees I probably won't be wearing tweed lol. But I like to try and look my best (compared to these regulars on here) so when I can afford it, I'll be asking you guys for tips on my next suit.

Where are you at in Miami? I can give you some good places to shop, tips and tricks. First tip to living in Miami: stop paying for the girlfriend. Makes life a WHOLE lot easier.

I am DIL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where are you at in Miami? I can give you some good places to shop, tips and tricks. First tip to living in Miami: stop paying for the girlfriend. Makes life a WHOLE lot easier.

Is Miami super pricey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads