• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Claymore

Reaction score
A carpet bomb of outfits I meant to post over the winter and one from yesterday. I'm sure you all will have fun with them.

Quick question for you camera experts:
I should probably read a book or take a class but i figured I would ask first: I am using a S95 with a tripod and am using the self timer, how do I get the camera to focus better?

Last edited:

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A carpet bomb of outfits I meant to post over the winter and one from yesterday. I'm sure you all will have fun with them.

I should probably read a book or take a class but i figured I would ask first: I am using a S95 with a tripod and am using the self timer, how do I get the camera to focus better?

It looks like you need to buy suits that are larger in the chest.

And I ask this honestly, without snark: what is your profession? Are you some sort of re-enactor?

Last edited:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

And I ask this honestly, without snark: what is your profession? Are you some sort of re-enactor?

Head of carnival affairs for Ringling Brothers?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

w. rabbit

Reaction score

Serious question - I've never seen a suit jacket with a split vent in the upper back and a waist belt. Is that a custom thing?

That's an "action back" (in a half Norfolk style). Makes you feel more comfortable while shooting wild animals, so very useful on a safari suit. And yet ...

I am DIL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was common with a lot of safari type jackets, I'm pretty sure. I have an old one my dad wore at home -- pleated back with a belt at the waist and all.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good, you guys are having fun like I hoped. I will try to respond to the comments late tonight.

I am guessing you are not going for Classic Business Dress...:satisfied: I would be interested to know where you get to wear these.

I look at this sort of stuff like I look at a High Fashion runway...you know there is no way in hell that the average guy would wear any of it for business...but it would be interesting to see one of the details work their way into the mainstream...

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't know how many people here could really shake a finger at this (though I trust some will). Pretty damn stunning (though not for most offices or interviews...).

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

i think there are a lot of good looks in here. and the twirled moustache is awesome.

I am DIL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, even if they're costumey, the application of dress isn't important in this case, it's the elements. I really dig those outfits, bar the epic tie knots and weird pocket seahorse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads