• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

So, wearing an ill-fitting shirt and buttoning the top button makes it good? If the top button were unbuttoned, I assume you'd just look like a regular guy with an ill-fitting shirt, though. Am I understanding this correctly?

You're not really getting the cool-factor:yard-fence-style ratio.

I'll help you out by noting that the Antwerp 6 really dig latticework on fencing.

Many of the cutting-edge recent SW&D fits being cross-posted in this thread to challenge the geriatrics (like you, for example) are emerging from suburbia.

I find this to be an exciting development and will be monitoring this thread closely.

The atmosphere is charged with possibility, just like Swingin' London, or when the mongol hordes introduced trousers by force at the margins of Europe.

Last edited:

deandbn

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I don't have any way of taking decent pictures, so here's a Mac Photobooth shot just to remind people I do actually wear clothes half-decently (and no more...) and don't just post alternately verbose and gnomic comments...

FWIW, the jacket is a lightweight Aquascutum wool / silk mix, shirt is textured white CT Black Label, tie is Caruso, vest is cheap navy J-Crew (and was rapidly discarded as it got quite warm today), and the PS is a printed Japanese cotton square. Not shown: forest green cords, dark brown socks and Moreschi two-tone brown peccary-calf shoes...

I agree, you are looking half decent, in actual fact very decent, appears to be a very nice outfit.

I think you judge yourself unnecessarily severely with your words, without need IMHO.

I also think i would like to see a lot more of your 'half-decent' outfits done specially on your Mac Photobooth

There is something crinkly going on with your shirt behind your tie knot, but i think that can be easily fixed
by buttoning up your top button and cinching your tie a bit tighter, specially if you going to take Photobooth pics
looking down at you from above.

Frustrated negativity :-

I don't have any.................................The picture looks fine to me.

half-decently (and no more...)..........Well i think you look quite good in the clothes, however a mere glimmer of a smile
would help relieve the tension and probably clear the 'dark clouds' or frown from your forehead. :nodding:

don't just post...................................I think you SHOULD ACTUALLY 'just post....' A LOT MORE OFTEN

FWIW the jacket...............................Here again I think it is a fine jacket that looks good on you.

cheap navy vest...............................The price of your vest is not at all important - so don't put it down and then
follow up with words like 'rapidly discarded', there really is nothing to be embarrassed about that needs rapid discarding, at all.

IMO this is intended as a compliment IRO your half-decent clothing, and a wake-up call IRO your negativity. :satisfied:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So, wearing an ill-fitting shirt and buttoning the top button makes it good? If the top button were unbuttoned, I assume you'd just look like a regular guy with an ill-fitting shirt, though. Am I understanding this correctly?

It fits in with a lifestyle of fancy restaurants, salsa dancing, classical music, expensive cars, and beautiful, docile women. That's all you need to know.

:fonz:

Last edited:

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It fits in with a lifestyle of fancy restaurants, salsa dancing, classical music, expensive cars, and beautiful, docile women. That's all you need to know.
:fonz:

Oh, weird that I never ran into him or anyone dressed like him. You still failed to answer my question though. I really want to know what so good about his outfits. No flaming or arguing, just your opinion about what makes it good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads