• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

That sparks a memory, if you'll pardon the pun... I was once on duty in the ER, and someone came in with a cap busted in their ass. No, I mean that literally. They had (several) deodorant can caps shoved right up in there, couldn't get them out, left them there for days(!) and then started to get some pretty serious constipation. Not my patient, thankfully. From memory, forceps failed as he was spasming, so he got passed to the surgeons to remove them under anaesthesia... the things people do for kicks...

I wonder what the StyleForvm username of that patient is.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ I believe I can recall a thread discussing how to remove deodorant stains, but I hope that was about stains from deodorant, rather than stains to the deodorant cap.

Quote:
Yeah, that one stuck in the memory! Not quite the worst "foreign body" story I've got, but the other one is just really sad & fucked-up. Yeah, I know that one is too, but it's nowhere near really, and at least it had a good eventual outcome, whereas the other one doesn't so I don't think it would be right to tell it.

Yes, I'm a tease. :p

Last edited:

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, that one stuck in the memory! Not quite the worst "foreign body" story I've got, but the other one is just really sad & fucked-up. Yeah, I know that one is too, but it's nowhere near really, and at least it had a good eventual outcome, whereas the other one doesn't so I don't think it would be right to tell it.

Ouchy.... Sounds ominous...

Bit of a lighter tweed for today. Trousers are a mess.

DSC_0910.JPG

DSC_0914.JPG

DSC_0915.JPG

DSC_0920.JPG

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

http://i14.tinypic.com/4koicco.jpg[\img][/QUOTE]

I want to thank Doc for trusting us all with evidence of what must have been a very dark and embarrassing episode in his psychosexual history. I might suggest in future that, if he wishes stimulation from that particular orifice, that he use instruments that are non-breakable, flexible, washable, and that are provided with handles for easy removal.

One hopes that he does not have a photo of Richard Gere and his gerbil in a similar situation - unless the gerbil is wearing Tom Ford, at which point we'd all be interested in seeing it.

deandbn

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deandbn

Your outfit looks very good, in fact exceptionally good, now that it is not covered in scarf.
Monogrammed shirt cuffs though...
Fashionable.... maybe
OTT (over the top)..... definitely
Stylish.... No
Classy.... No
Un-pick it..... Yes

Originally Posted by anginaprinzmetal
huh ??

Yes Angina, monograms should be inside your shirt collar or under it, not where everyone can see it. A monogram is meant so the clothing item can be identified as yours after being sent for a wash. It is definitely not stylish and almost as crass as leaving the manufacturers label tacked to your jacket's left sleeve when wearing the jacket.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suit - BB
Shirt - H & K
Tie - Marino Gabbri
Cufflinks - Crocker Art Museum, Sacramento CA
Shoes - Fratelli Peluso
Hat - Weatherproof
Raincoat - Burberry
Scarf - Ede & Ravenscroft

IMGP1356446x1280.jpg
IMGP1355438x1280.jpg

IMGP1358677x1280.jpg

IMGP13521263x1280.jpg

IMGP1353851x1280.jpg

Blackunderpants

Reaction score
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee483/blackunderpants/styleforum.png

My first ever post here on Styleforum, hope I get this right.
If the thing with the image viewing doesn't work, what site should I use?

I am a newbie when it comes to suits and classic clothing in general, but I love it.
In the picture is my first suit, bespoke from Hong Kong (as bespoke as it gets at 2400 HK$).It is a little wrinkly since this photo was taken the first day I got home, after having it in my bag for 15 hours on the way home.
What do you think of it?

Edit: the shoes are vintage, probably Florsheim cordovan, same as in my profile pic.

Last edited:

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If the thing with the image viewing doesn't work, what site should I use?

I am a newbie when it comes to suits and classic clothing in general, but I love it.

In the picture is my first suit, bespoke from Hong Kong (as bespoke as it gets at 2400 HK$).It is a little wrinkly since this photo was taken the first day I got home, after having it in my bag for 15 hours on the way home.

What do you think of it?

Tip on posting pics- you need to use the Image Tag function.

When posting pics, click the Image icon to insert a url or upload a file.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

My first ever post here on Styleforum, hope I get this right. I am a newbie when it comes to suits and classic clothing in general, but I love it.

What do you think of it?

Pretty good. We've certainly seen worse debuts (including mine...). Don't love the shirt collar; wish it were more spread and the points were tucked under the lapels. Speaking of which, the lapel width is on the narrow side of classic.

Last edited:

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

1-2108.jpg

2-163.jpg
3-118.jpg

The tie color and fabric is wonderful.
The first pic foreshadows the snow that will soon come to Michigan. Nice overcoat--a sporty length.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

What do you think of it?

Edit: the shoes are vintage, probably Florsheim cordovan, same as in my profile pic.

Pretty good. We've certainly seen worse debuts (including mine...). Don't love the shirt collar; wish it were more spread and the poins were tucked under the lapels. Speaking of which, the lapel width is on the narrow side of classic.

I agree the lapels are on the skinny side. However, this is not a sin since he is so skinny. The narrow lapels complement the thin sleeves and the slim pants. However, to the OP, do note this exaggerates your tall, skinny features. If that's what you're looking for then power to you. However, some wider lapels may downplay your thin, tall frame a bit and perhaps give you more of a V down to your torso. This would be ideal.

I agree that the collar should be more spread for your body/neck. Just make sure that you keep a rather high collar as your neck seems to be quite long.

Lastly, and it might be the angle of the photo, but your shoes seem to be a bit blubby for the pants. Again, you appear quite skinny and the pants don't look too trim to me, but if that is the leg opening you're going to stick to I'd suggest a sleeker last.

Welcome to StyleForum.

Blackunderpants

Reaction score
I agree the lapels are on the skinny side. However, this is not a sin since he is so skinny. The narrow lapels complement the thin sleeves and the slim pants. However, to the OP, do note this exaggerates your tall, skinny features. If that's what you're looking for then power to you. However, some wider lapels may downplay your thin, tall frame a bit and perhaps give you more of a V down to your torso. This would be ideal.
I agree that the collar should be more spread for your body/neck. Just make sure that you keep a rather high collar as your neck seems to be quite long.
Lastly, and it might be the angle of the photo, but your shoes seem to be a bit blubby for the pants. Again, you appear quite skinny and the pants don't look too trim to me, but if that is the leg opening you're going to stick to I'd suggest a sleeker last.
Welcome to StyleForum.

Thanks, critique is always helpful.
I am going to buy a shirt that goes better with my suit and my neck but right now that's what I have, it's the only real dress shirt that I own.
I am probably going to buy some shoes that goes better with the outfit too, maybe chestnut oxfords in a pretty "slim" last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads