• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Greatest quarterback ever

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best for performance, montana or starr. If I could pick any single one of them in their youth to start my fanchise: Elway.

Carrying those teams was mighty impressive. No one that I can recall could get off the bus and scare the other team like him. The drive was a special moment in pro football.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by countdemoney
Best for performance, montana or starr. If I could pick any single one of them in their youth to start my fanchise: MANNING.

Carrying those teams was mighty impressive. No one that I can recall could get off the bus and scare the other team like him. The drive was a special moment in pro football.

FTFY.

FAct: There wouldnt be football in indianapolis if it wasnt for peyton manning. If we drafted ryan leaf instead we would be discussing the los angeles colts. Not to mention 5 seasons of 12+ wins. Playoff runs and whatnot. He knows what 21 other players on the field are doing better than anyone.

Also, IMO you cant knock QBs like Marino for not winning a title. Do you realize how ******* HARD it is to do this day and age??? I cant even win my 4 team rec softball league. Winning a single title is a gift that only 3% of the players in the league get a year. Talent can carry you far, but not far enough where you can single handedly win it all.

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
single elimination playoff systems make it hard for me to put too much weight into SB wins

there are probably a dozen plays that could directly be blamed for the colts not winning several SB's over the past decade

I dont think people realize that peyton CALLS PLAYS. tom moore sends formations, not plays.

bullethead

Reaction score
i think Sean Salisbury would have made the list if he didn't retire so early to promote the Sean Salisbury Brand.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bullethead
i think Sean Salisbury would have made the list if he didn't retire so early to promote the Sean Salisbury Brand.

I've had one of his "steaks" and I'm not impressed.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
That **** don't fly outside of Miami. If only this, if only that.....
plain.gif

Seriously dude? Peyton was heralded as one of the best ever before he won a SB, even though he had zero D in Indy. Marino's inability to win a SB says more about the team around him than it does about him. He threw for 300+ against the 49ers in XIX but they put up 500+ on his D. Not his fault.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thread is finally getting to where I wanted to poAST.

I feel like the number of championships is less meaningful than other stats in evaluating a QB. Agree or disagree? Are Bradshaw and Brady great QBs, or are they only on the list because of a Steel Curtain defense and a kicker's foot? Is Manning marginally better than Marino, or are they both two of the absolute best ever?

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hmmm, yea i agree with not being very tough, he is less efficient under pressure for sure. that just goes with being on that team i think though. he has more "throwaways"(checkdowns arent there, mental timer is buzzing) than any qb i can think of. gonzo, reggie wayne, and especially marvin harrison just fall at the first signs of contact. the O line, with a few notable exceptions in big playoff games, has been as good as one could ask for. i can think of 2 rushing titles with edge.

BUT that only half of the equation. there defense has been consistently in the bottom quarter for a long time now. theyre rushing defense is just atrocious. the colts offense constantly has had the fewest possessions of any offense in the league because of this. to their defense, they are built to rush the passer and play with a lead.

then you look at the other end of the spectrum and see big ben. opponents averaged like 14 points a game against them last year. im pretty sure the steelers could have made the playoffs with me playing qb last year. that is just not fair to put ben above peyton because of SB wins. obviously nobody is putting ben over him (that would be insane after all), and this is an example of extremes, but i feel this same principal applies to an extent when comparing qbs.

coupled with the fact that the playoffs are single elimination is why i do not like using that as a steadfast guide

he didnt suck, but it was always wrong to put him ahead of peyton manning...

he was a good qb who was on a Great team with the best coaching staff/front office of all time. after he threw 50, he became great. i do think hes an awesome quarterback, just not the best.

the earliest qb's i saw play were elway, aikman, young. never really got a chance to judge montana and a few of those other old guys.

nobody in that modern era is a better qb than peyton manning, he has completely dominated the league for a long time now, and hes only getting better. if you are a football fan and dont watch him play ever sunday, you are seriously missing out

these posts, from the rush thread, sum up my view on championships with emphasis on peyton

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Staubach. I also thought Dan Fouts was a great QB at San Diego.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Deacon
What's the knock on Warren Moon?

Joe Gilliam was better than Bradshaw!

Outside of the fact he beat his wife, nothing. I always thought her was a better all around QB than Cunninham.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phreak
I dont think people realize that peyton CALLS PLAYS. tom moore sends formations, not plays.
Really? I thought that Moore calls the plays and Peyton has a lot of freedom to audible out of them. Peyton is no Johnny U. when it comes to running his own game, but he's as close to old school as we have in the current NFL.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crazyquik
I feel like the number of championships is less meaningful than other stats in evaluating a QB. Agree or disagree? Are Bradshaw and Brady great QBs, or are they only on the list because of a Steel Curtain defense and a kicker's foot? Is Manning marginally better than Marino, or are they both two of the absolute best ever?
I'm obviously a homer but this is completely accurate. In no other sport can a player's team undo (or inflate) that player's accomplishments. With that being said, I'm glad to see Brady and Bradshaw are properly rated here. Anyway, when a guy holds/held as many records as Marino did there's no way you can keep him off this list. 5,084 passing yds (as a 2nd-year player!) is a number guys like Peyton and Brees are still trying to eclipse today.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two words to end the debate: Bernie Kosar FTW.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
N300GummiesBuy