• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GQ recommending worn, faded jeans for Autumn. Truefax?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WE350B
I guess that's why this is a Style Forum, as opposed to a Fahion Forum. Style, you define yourself. Fashion, you let others dictate.

rolleyes.gif

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WE350B
I guess that's why this is a Style Forum, as opposed to a Fahion Forum. Style, you define yourself. Fashion, you let others dictate.

Yes, because no one here ever takes cues from anyone else when it comes to clothes.

heyheyhey

Reaction score
Well there is alway imitation, but how you wear the stuff surely makes it your own.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by heyheyhey
Thats not the issue I'm trying to discuss. My point is that worn jeans have been out for a long time, I only see douches wearing them, why would a respected magazine recommend them as a stylish fashion choice.
There are many different options when it comes to worn and faded styles, not only what you appear to see, the way your interpreting the article to us it would seem that they are only pushing the worst and most obvious options: True Religion, Seven, Perry Ellis, Monarchy etc... if they are then they are truly "wankers".

heyheyhey

Reaction score
Armani, GAP, H&M, Levi's, Topman, Nudie.

Surely the way the jeans look is more important than the brand. Every brand makes something good and something bad.

Take a walk through the city centre and find anybody wearing worn jeans that hasn't got over gelled hair and a fake tan, I'll give them a hundred bucks.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have some nudie ralfs in 'new used deluxe' that i break out when i'm tired of darker raws. i generally wear them on sunny days when i'm scumming around town.

it's odd to me that they would say it's 'in style' for the autumn since it seems to be what 99% of the population wears, anyways.

WE350B

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
Yes, because no one here ever takes cues from anyone else when it comes to clothes.

I'm so glad that we're on the same page.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by heyheyhey
Armani, GAP, H&M, Levi's, Topman, Nudie.

Surely the way the jeans look is more important than the brand. Every brand makes something good and something bad.

Take a walk through the city centre and find anybody wearing worn jeans that hasn't got over gelled hair and a fake tan, I'll give them a hundred bucks.

Do you live in New Jersey or something? Where I live I could make that $100 in about 30 seconds. People are still wearing worn jeans from the first time GQ pushed them several years ago, almost everywhere if I were to guess.

heyheyhey

Reaction score
I meant that as an over generalisation. They aren't all going to be douches, but I doubt any of them will be looking sharp and stylish.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score

I don't believe this matters in a niche community, if this forum had 1 million + membership then fair enough.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
I don't believe this matters in a niche community, if this forum had 1 million + membership then fair enough.
I'm not sure what point you're making here. Are you saying it's OK for us to take cues from each other's WAYWTs because it's not influencing "the masses" (whatever that means) or because we're e-friends? Or that were too small to really have a groupthink hivemind or what? My sarcasm was directed at his apparent assertion that people who follow fashion are sheep but we're all independent dressers (who follow style!), which I find to be ridiculous and rather overly self-righteous with respect to the forum.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My sarcasm was his seeming assertion that people who follow fashion are sheep but we're all independent dressers (who follow style!), which I find to be ridiculous and rather overly self-righteous with respect to the forum.

+1

clarity

Reaction score
Is it just me or have faded jeans never gone away in the first place? I mean in the general public not the raw denim niche. I guess I should read the magazine to see what they mean by faded. Regardless it seems to me kind of redundant to say faded jeans are back.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you live in New Jersey or something? Where I live I could make that $100 in about 30 seconds. People are still wearing worn jeans from the first time GQ pushed them several years ago, almost everywhere if I were to guess.

hey now
i live in new jersey

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads