• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Filson 256 or 257

Rankiz

Reaction score
From the official Filson homepage the shipping to Norway cost insanely 170 USD. Compare this to Crane's country store shipping fee 38 USD, 10% discunt fee AND they have it in stock.
biggrin.gif

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheSauceBoss
How do you go about getting the SF discount? Thx
By calling the number in my sig.
Originally Posted by Rankiz
From the official Filson homepage the shipping to Norway cost insanely 170 USD. Compare this to Crane's country store shipping fee 38 USD, 10% discunt fee AND they have it in stock.
biggrin.gif

Is it delivered in person by a super model? That's an absolutely ridiculous shipping quote.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
i got the 256 from crane and i can fit more than i ever need in there. once as my carry-on i filled it with laptop, camera in leather case with one lens (either fixed-lens minolta 7s or olympus om1(n) with the zuiko so nothing huge but not tiny either), papers, cables/cords/wires, small scarf, grapefruit, and a small book.

Makoto Chan

Reaction score
When I finally saw one in a store, I was suprised that the bag in front of me was a 256. It's not a small bag. It's not a huge bag, but it's not at all small and I think I wouldn't want a 257.

Rankiz

Reaction score
No "fit pics"? I've yet to see a picture of some actually wearing the bag, as it's hard to tell how bg it is out from pictures.

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rankiz
No "fit pics"? I've yet to see a picture of some actually wearing the bag, as it's hard to tell how bg it is out from pictures.

1293034613006.jpg

Someone over at SWD posted a pic. I thought mine looked fine until I saw this and realized how big it is. Should have gone with a 256.
confused.gif

marfarn

Reaction score
anybody have pics of their bags open with stuff in it so i can get an indication of the capacity of the 256/257? just that i have no idea where to find one in australia!

cheers!

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm also trying to decide between the 256 and the 257.

I'll be carrying one of two laptops (either a 15" work laptop or a thin-as-hell 13" MacBook Air), my lunch, and sunglasses, that sort of thing, basically.

Would the 256 suffice? I have a larger weekend bag for short trips where I need to bring clothes and things like that, so this would be strictly for work.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
256 will work unless your lunch is 5" or more thick.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will probably get flamed for this, but I really don't understand the SF groupthink on These bags. I find them ugly and they look like something one of my hippie friends would carry on their bike. Not something for professionals or even people who dress sharp.

Maybe my tastes are off.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member