• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Everyday Carry (Picture Edition)

Boognish

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blazingazn
Hey Crane's,

Why do you need so many extra clips, lol!
Planning a trip to Camden, New Jersey soon? . . .

Magazines. Not clips.

They're the weakest part of any magazine fed firearm, and plenty if spares is always a good idea. I try to have at least a dozen per platform.

Have a malfunction? Drop your mag and snap in a fresh one. Carrying a spare mag isn't about force multiplication.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Boognish
Magazines. Not clips. They're the weakest part of any magazine fed firearm, and plenty if spares is always a good idea. I try to have at least a dozen per platform. Have a malfunction? Drop your mag and snap in a fresh one. Carrying a spare mag isn't about force multiplication.
Yes, correct nomenclature is important. A clip otherwise known as a stripper clip is a device that allows say an '03 Springfield rifle to be loaded quickly. I don't know how many mags I've had go bad or were destroyed hitting the deck in competition. Generally I keep 6 spares per gun.
Originally Posted by caseyfud
for self-defense, i use miniature knives as collar stays.
That's an old spy trick. I actually have a blade that closely resembles an OSS collar stay knife. The blade might be small but if you know how to use one they are nasty.

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crane's
That's an old spy trick. I actually have a blade that closely resembles an OSS collar stay knife. The blade might be small but if you know how to use one they are nasty.

I had no idea people actually did this
laugh.gif

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep.

I use both daily. They are nothing more than common tools. Now if you want to talk about a Steyr AUG or a Cheytac 408 I might agree with you.

So you have never used a knife or flashlight in your life? How did you arrive at your conclusion that you have to live in a ghetto or work BC to need either tool?

Nope, I've never been in an everyday situation where I ever needed a knife or a flashlight. In fact, most of the examples I see here are easily accomplished by a regular house key. Carrying knives to open packages and unscrewing screws? Really? If you use your knife everyday for tasks that are knife-specific, like skinning a bear, fine. But blister packages? That's laughable.

Oh, here's my rifle. I nearly shot a man with it. Can you guess what it is?

lee_enfield-1.jpg

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benjamin831
Nope, I've never been in an everyday situation where I ever needed a knife or a flashlight. In fact, most of the examples I see here are easily accomplished by a regular house key. Carrying knives to open packages and unscrewing screws? Really? If you use your knife everyday for tasks that are knife-specific, like skinning a bear, fine. But blister packages? That's laughable. Oh, here's my rifle. I nearly shot a man with it. Can you guess what it is?
Looks like an Enfield action to me. It appears you live in a large city so your general life style is far different than mine. I live in a rural area. Around here hunting and fishing is a common past time so you better have a decent knife on you. A knife is a cutting tool, using your key to cut things is classic tool abuse. LOL. Rural equals dark. Everyone around here has a flashlight in the truck or they carry a small one along in case they have to work on the vehicle after dark, when walking around the ranch or farm checking on things, going in and out of the woods, walking the dog, etc. All in all your example is not indicative of anything. Yours is more an exception than the rule.

Logan

Reaction score
Yep.

I use both daily. They are nothing more than common tools. Now if you want to talk about a Steyr AUG or a Cheytac 408 I might agree with you.

So you have never used a knife or flashlight in your life? How did you arrive at your conclusion that you have to live in a ghetto or work BC to need either tool?

Oh and here's my new CCW gun. It's a Sig Sauer P238 Rosewood model.

Sig Sauer P238 by DYSong Photography, on Flickr

Sig Sauer P238a by DYSong Photography, on Flickr

Living in Canada I haven't even held a gun, never mind fire one. I have never really had an interest in them. I've never been a fan of hunting so I have no interest in rifles, but I would love to get a hand gun like that and shot the **** out of anything I could get my hands on.

jimmyfingers

Reaction score
EDC has always been what I can carry on my body/pockets comfortably. This is just my interpretation of it. EDC can be different for everyone and I respect that. I do not consider what I put in a bag or briefcase as EDC.
I try and carry as little as possible, but always be prepared at the same time which is a delicate balance.

-cell phone
-Saddleback small wallet- holds a debit card, ID, credit card-no cash though
-keys
-small Fenix light

I have a CCP, but very rarely will carry a gun.

No knife. I found I rarely used it and wasn't worth the hassle.

The flashlight comes into play more than I thought it would.

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Logan
Living in Canada I haven't even held a gun, never mind fire one. I have never really had an interest in them. I've never been a fan of hunting so I have no interest in rifles, but I would love to get a hand gun like that and shot the **** out of anything I could get my hands on.

Guns are tools, not toys.

lwkeung

Reaction score
Hey guys, fully new to EDC.
Would like some recommendation for a keychain.
Debating between s-biner (afraid items might fall off), carabiner (smaller scale climbing), or a snap shackle.

I desire the snap shackle, but does anyone have experience using it for EDC?

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How did I ******* know this thread would devolve into the ***Official Gun and Ammunition Thread***

Mods please rename k thx

alexanduh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blynch
and for those doubting the usefullness of such items, knife was quite usefull when I needed to shotgun a beer and the flashlight was critical when I lost my phone late at night.

laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads