• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
And here's a video of our Exclusive flannel shirting, going live today. These will be 20% off till Thursday and you stack the multi-shirt discount on top of that.

Also, the Camp Collar isn't an official option, but I can build it in during this promo period for a $15 upcharge. You can put it on one of these Flannel shirts for a hyper-luxe Pendelton steez

suuteebird

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EE3E5B5A-2862-4262-AB59-2D2F993FDEF8.jpeg
F5A80D80-2A7D-4EEE-8472-11979A917E8B.jpeg

Fatigue jacket, Jungle pants, IS olive linen shirt, and EP sneakers.

Last edited:

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spearmint Cream is really the winner there IMO. Would look great with both dark and faded denim. Also Mike, I'm a big fan of the top half of the jungle pant design but I really wish it also came in a looser, I guess more classic, fatigue cut - basically a higher quality pair of Stan Rays. Any thoughts of doing that in the future if this design sells? This wound up being the same hangup I had w/ the EZ pants - the pleat kinda became decoration and to me they were effectively a nice pair of slim chinos.

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My beloved combat boots have been laid low.

I had to pack them in a bag for a trip. After the trip the zipper was stuck at the bottom. I've managed to get it to where it's running smoothly on one side but it's completely off the other. (That is, the zipper pull is only attached to the right side) Pretty darn frustrated that a Riri zipper was broken from a couple hours packed in a bag. :(

Is there any way I can fix this myself, or am I gonna have to fork over $50 to a cobbler for them to fix it for me? (Every cobbler I know of in South Bay LA is exorbitantly priced)

Any suggestions are appreciated. I've looked a lot online but I'm drawing a blank so far. Really frustrated because they're my absolute favorite boots.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Everyone of these looks great.

@bry2000 thanks dude! I'm really so thrilled with this project, it's exciting that we can make a few more this year. Got studio pics of them too:

Highwayman Interior.jpg Highwayman Main.jpg Cafe Racer Main.jpg Cafe Racer Royal Liner.jpg Double Rider Main.jpg Double Rider Collar.jpg

View attachment 1036131 View attachment 1036132
Fatigue jacket, Jungle pants, IS olive linen shirt, and EP sneakers.

@suuteebird so good... loving the Dean's Nuts suit! This is freaking awesome.

Spearmint Cream is really the winner there IMO. Would look great with both dark and faded denim. Also Mike, I'm a big fan of the top half of the jungle pant design but I really wish it also came in a looser, I guess more classic, fatigue cut - basically a higher quality pair of Stan Rays. Any thoughts of doing that in the future if this design sells? This wound up being the same hangup I had w/ the EZ pants - the pleat kinda became decoration and to me they were effectively a nice pair of slim chinos.

@losrockets agreed, I absolutely love Spearmint cream. Especially done with an unexpected collar. I'm going to pick up a few of these for the LA Winter.

Regarding the Jungle Pant, thanks for your feedback. Honestly, the tapered Rivet Chino fit is kind of the Jungle Pant's raison d'être -- all of the other options in this design (including vintage ones) have a really full leg and a looser fit. I like that this one cuts a really sharp profile. It sold really well, so this will definitely be a shape that we invest in more for future runs.

That said, Wilhelm is in its infancy and already enjoying a decent following, so a Wilhelm-cut Jungle Pant could definitely make sense for next Spring or so.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@bry2000 thanks dude! I'm really so thrilled with this project, it's exciting that we can make a few more this year. Got studio pics of them too:

View attachment 1036178 View attachment 1036179 View attachment 1036180 View attachment 1036181 View attachment 1036182 View attachment 1036183

@suuteebird so good... loving the Dean's Nuts suit! This is freaking awesome.

@losrockets agreed, I absolutely love Spearmint cream. Especially done with an unexpected collar. I'm going to pick up a few of these for the LA Winter.

Regarding the Jungle Pant, thanks for your feedback. Honestly, the tapered Rivet Chino fit is kind of the Jungle Pant's raison d'être -- all of the other options in this design (including vintage ones) have a really full leg and a looser fit. I like that this one cuts a really sharp profile. It sold really well, so this will definitely be a shape that we invest in more for future runs.

That said, Wilhelm is in its infancy and already enjoying a decent following, so a Wilhelm-cut Jungle Pant could definitely make sense for next Spring or so.

Mike,

The shades of the unfinished HH jackets posted look different. Are these all new unworn or some of these pictures of worn jackets?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Mike,

The shades of the unfinished HH jackets posted look different. Are these all new unworn or some of these pictures of worn jackets?

@Akeem they're all unworn except for the last one in the video with the racing flag liner. They definitely do arrive in different shades. This leather is unfinished and unworked, so each skin.. and each garment.. is truly distinct. You'll see different marks and different grain patterns on each garment too, as each one came from a separate animal. When you finish leather, you make can make it more consistent and uniform.

But as you can see in the evolution video, these garments are going to radically change with wear regardless, so the starting point is temporary. They'll take on the patina that you impart to them. My jacket changed from a really pale blonde to a medium caramel over the course of about 10 days.

I found a photo online of the same fabric in this makeup and asked if they could replicate it and they were able to. The packaging refers to it as "Camp collar".

@dupedd thanks for posting the pic and being the unintentional guinea pig! Looks really ace!

I really like the midnight mountains flannel. Comes across great on the video. I forget @Epaulet which collars do you recommend for flannels.

@kickstand Thanks so much... that's one of my favorites! It's really freaking cool.

For collars, I like these five:

1) Buttondown: can't go wrong with the classic
2) PT Point collar: a compact smaller collar that looks casual and sits open really nicely
3) Band: a rad and atypical choice for a flannel shirt, sets it apart from the pack
4) Wide Spread: brings a strong Italian look
5) Camp Collar: bit of an "Easter Egg" for you guys, will make it look like a luxe Pendelton shirt.

Are these new flannel fabrics all approx the same weight? Are there any super heavyweights among them?

This would potentially interest me too.

Also, any super heavy flannel in a chainstitch on the radar for fall?

@bry2000 @avsmusic1 these are all mid-weight flannels from Somelos, so they're not particularly heavy. I'd say that they're the normal weight of a higher-end sportshirt.. the kind you'd find off the rack at Saks or Neimans. They can be worn nicely under a sportcoat. We don't get much in the way of truly heavy stuff from Individualized... most likely because it's hard for them to execute their finer collars and details in really thick fabrics.

For the Chainstitch shirts, both of those Nagoya stripes are heavy AF... I'll most likely get some extra stock in both colors.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
athexinehowley