• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

avsmusic1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For anyone interested, I got my denim wilhelms back from the tailor today. After a warm tub wash and hang dry, the leg opening is 7.75” at 30” inseem- just about perfect imho

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For anyone interested, I got my denim wilhelms back from the tailor today. After a warm tub wash and hang dry, the leg opening is 7.75” at 30” inseem- just about perfect imho

@avsmusic1 thanks dude, glad that you dig them!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Doyle Jacket in Mid-Weight Harris Tweed

Hey guys, I'm doing a soft launch for this today, with the official launch on Tuesday. We have enough fabric to make between 16 and 20 of these gorgeous jackets! The fabric is a 10oz Harris Tweed.. and the weight is on par with the typical Italian tweed from the likes of DiPray. I absolutely love it, and this is an especially great option if you like Harris Tweed but the weight is too thick for your part of the world.

Price is $345 but you can save 20% with the code harris20, which puts it at about $275. You can check it out and order here. We've had a ton of interest and questions about this on Instagram, so I want to post it here first and make sure that you guys get one of them if you want. Should be ready around Halloween-ish.

Harris_Doyle_Straight_Detail_2048x.jpg
Harris_Doyle_Main_2048x.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Blastwice

Reaction score
I've wanted a Tweed Doyle from before I even knew Epaulet was a thing. In for that. And some new flannels.

And I put up my hail mary for the Instagram contest.

I'll try to post some pics of some of the Individualized shirts I got that came in at some point-- fabrics are out of this world, fit is perfect and the Malibu linen and Seersuckers are the real MVPs. Mike you were totally 100% right about that white seersucker with the blue palms. I want like a full suit in that fabric now.

I feel like I'm headed toward a future where my whole closet is Epaulet.

Last edited:

kingoflondon

Reaction score
Great look! And is that an oyster bracelet on your wrist???

Yep, black GMT II. Thinking of swapping it out for a Daytona though.

What size does that happen to be in? I got a large in the same shirt and it fits perfectly.

It’s a large. I’m 175, 6’1”. Fits pretty good on me. I’m normally a large in Epaulet, sometimes medium. I find the Gitmans fit me perfectly in a large.

city74

Reaction score
Love the Doyle jacket in the tweed, just wish it was a more neutral tone without the “pop” of color. Like a brown or grey would be great

odub

Reaction score
These look great. I have a sashiko (pine) from the last batch in a 40 that fits great but on paper, my typical measurements are closer to the 38 sizing. For this fabric, will the fit also tend to be a touch slimmer like with the sashiko?

Hey guys, I'm doing a soft launch for this today, with the official launch on Tuesday. We have enough fabric to make between 16 and 20 of these gorgeous jackets! The fabric is a 10oz Harris Tweed.. and the weight is on par with the typical Italian tweed from the likes of DiPray. I absolutely love it, and this is an especially great option if you like Harris Tweed but the weight is too thick for your part of the world.

Price is $345 but you can save 20% with the code harris20, which puts it at about $275. You can check it out and order here. We've had a ton of interest and questions about this on Instagram, so I want to post it here first and make sure that you guys get one of them if you want. Should be ready around Halloween-ish.

View attachment 1036336 View attachment 1036337

Blastwice

Reaction score
These look great. I have a sashiko (pine) from the last batch in a 40 that fits great but on paper, my typical measurements are closer to the 38 sizing. For this fabric, will the fit also tend to be a touch slimmer like with the sashiko?

I’m also close to a hard 38 (suit jackets typically fit best at 39) and I usually go with 40 for all my Doyles (and I went with 40 in my Southwicks overcoat too, as the base size.)

I have to for my arms, because that extra half inch plus of sleeve length makes a huge difference for me.

Doyles seem to be a slim fit kind of garment anyway and I layer them.

Can’t speak for this particular fabric, but I went in for a 40 myself as per the above.

Edit: I too have a pine sashiko Doyle and from what I’ve been told, the first batch of the sashikos shrunk a bit more than expected, so they’ve sort of sized up the next batch (raisin and gunmetal) to match the normal Doyle sizing better.

odub

Reaction score
I’m also close to a hard 38 (suit jackets typically fit best at 39) and I usually go with 40 for all my Doyles (and I went with 40 in my Southwicks overcoat too, as the base size.)

I have to for my arms, because that extra half inch plus of sleeve length makes a huge difference for me.

Doyles seem to be a slim fit kind of garment anyway and I layer them.

Can’t speak for this particular fabric, but I went in for a 40 myself as per the above.

Edit: I too have a pine sashiko Doyle and from what I’ve been told, the first batch of the sashikos shrunk a bit more than expected, so they’ve sort of sized up the next batch (raisin and gunmetal) to match the normal Doyle sizing better.

Yeah, I'm more of a 37/38 vs. a 39/40. The pine sashiko in 40 was perfect (and I did try the 38 on in person and it was a tough too snug for my liking, particular in the shoulders/arm hole area). But when I see older Doyles for sale in 40, the chest size always seem to be at least two inches wider than what I'd normally wear for outerwear which is why I think the 38, on paper, makes the most sense for me, at least in most fabrics.

mike2

Reaction score

These look really great. If I didn't already have a similar weight brown jacket that I'm happy with, I'd get one for sure.

Last week you posted a picture of yellow Doyle jacket at the same time as this one. Did I miss that one or is that still in the future?

In case you are considering suggestions - I'd also love to find a jacket like this in a loden green, either actual loden or a forest green wool.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AckeMani