• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lifeinabox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wife put her foot down forcing me to return some recent kops but one last fit pic. :angry:

42AA2429-28B7-44F8-A6A0-29E59C7E433D.jpeg

Alarcon

Reaction score
If somebody is so close to your ankle that the logo under the lacing is an issue, you've got a bigger problem than branding IMO. LOL
To each their own. Certainly lots of people are here because they do worry about the details of their clothes. I just don't dig branding on any clothes, or shoes.

kczsilence

Reaction score
Anyone recall when EP added the single sleeve button to the Doyles? Was a generation/run after the switch from the lettered sizes to numbered?

Without extra materials, I guess I wouldn't be able to cut and add a button, hmm.

dupedd

Reaction score
To each their own. Certainly lots of people are here because they do worry about the details of their clothes. I just don't dig branding on any clothes, or shoes.
I feel the same way actually. I agree that it's subtle on the top of the tongue and if maybe hidden by laces but I just don't like branding on the outside of clothing as a general rule. One exception is when it's a logo design that adds something, like I do like the "W" stitched on the back pockets of my Wrangler jeans. I do pull the leather patch on the back off though.

Btw, I love the Sport Trainer look and fit. I still wear my original Epaulet mono grey model. Someday I will definitely want to pick up a pair in natural horsehide. They are to me the perfect sneaker shape.

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet

I have a pair of the original cuoro chromo calkskin tennis trainers from 2015 in 7.5. I'm technically a 7.5D on the Brannock, but my left foot is between 7.5 and 8 and it starts to hurt once it swells from walking around. I think I have a high instep on my left foot, while my right foot otherwise seems fine.

Do you think a shoe stretcher would be able to stretch the shoe enough to accommodate it?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just went in on the leopard poplin. Too cool to pass up.

@DapperDan08 thanks dude!

View attachment 973428 Quick shot of the Nairobi stripe Doyle. EP x IS OCBD underneath.

@FrankCowperwood looks fantastic... enjoy it!

Anyone recall when EP added the single sleeve button to the Doyles? Was a generation/run after the switch from the lettered sizes to numbered?

Without extra materials, I guess I wouldn't be able to cut and add a button, hmm.

@kczsilence yup, our original Doyles were made 2013-2014 and did not have the sleeve button. We restarted Summer of '17, and all of those have the newer design

I feel the same way actually. I agree that it's subtle on the top of the tongue and if maybe hidden by laces but I just don't like branding on the outside of clothing as a general rule. One exception is when it's a logo design that adds something, like I do like the "W" stitched on the back pockets of my Wrangler jeans. I do pull the leather patch on the back off though.

Btw, I love the Sport Trainer look and fit. I still wear my original Epaulet mono grey model. Someday I will definitely want to pick up a pair in natural horsehide. They are to me the perfect sneaker shape.

@dupedd awesome, glad that you dig them so much! It was actually still the most popular shape in our preorder, which we're gonna close and send over to Portugal tomorrow.

@Epaulet

I have a pair of the original cuoro chromo calkskin tennis trainers from 2015 in 7.5. I'm technically a 7.5D on the Brannock, but my left foot is between 7.5 and 8 and it starts to hurt once it swells from walking around. I think I have a high instep on my left foot, while my right foot otherwise seems fine.

Do you think a shoe stretcher would be able to stretch the shoe enough to accommodate it?

@KaleidoscopicK yeah it's definitely worth a try, you might consider running them over to a cobbler.. they've got their own Wu-Tang styles to stretch out footwear.

Went (almost) all Epaulet for Mothers Day brunch, which now that I think about it I think I did last year as well. Might have to make it a new tradition...

Anyway, EP jacket, Jets to Brazil shirt, Japanese crosshatch linen Rudys, EPxCarmina shoes and an EP belt hiding in there as well.

View attachment 973676

@duff406 looks ace!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members