• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rick

Reaction score

@duff406

Thanks for asking this - a lot of guys have the same question. And just to add to the responses here: 

1) Rudy, Walt, or Driggs trousers done in cotton fabrics like Military Twill, Heavyweight brushed, Moleskin, British Drill.. etc can absolutely be worn casually. Washing and hang drying them will remove most of the crease, and you can wear them a bit wrinkled and relaxed. I constantly wear cotton Rudy trousers with sneakers and t-shirts or henleys. The Military Twill in particular is a great 4-season fabric. It's one of the best "khaki" fabrics that I've ever seen, and this is a nice opportunity to get it. Hertling sourced it from Japan which I appreciate, but most of their other customers don't care. It was about 25% more expensive than their usual cotton cloth, and it was never all that popular. So it's being cleared out at a discount. But I think that anyone who owns this fabric will tell you how nice it is. 

2) The Wool/Cashmere fabric is definitely a dress pant. It's totally formal. I could see it being worn with boots - something like Alden, Carmina, EG, etc.. but that's about as casual as it goes. If you don't need a dress pant, then you probably want to look at other options. 

3) I cannot recommend the Walnut brushed enough! We're down to just a few units on that... I've got a video to post shortly. Consider that Cozy Portuguese Canvas too! 

@rick

Thanks for giving it a try. Rise and fit are subjective.. but the Rudy is a medium-to-high rise shape compared to the majority of trousers on the market. It sits well above the hips on most guys, although that depends on your height.

The Taylor & Gable are true high-rises that go up to the navel on most guys.

The good news is.. we can accommodate rise modifications on full-price MTO's.  It works in half inch increments and will be raised equally in the front and the back. So if you like the Rudy but you want 0.5 or 1" more in the rise, you can write that into Special Requests and it shall be done. This is not something that we can do for the off-price "Ends for Friends" promos, but we'll have our Spring MTO line up around the first week of February. We can definitely fit you on this! 

thanks mike

nickpapagiorgio

Reaction score
The good news is.. we can accommodate rise modifications on full-price MTO's. It works in half inch increments and will be raised equally in the front and the back. So if you like the Rudy but you want 0.5 or 1" more in the rise, you can write that into Special Requests and it shall be done. This is not something that we can do for the off-price "Ends for Friends" promos, but we'll have our Spring MTO line up around the first week of February. We can definitely fit you on this!
Can this be done with Southwick as well?

notmandatory

Reaction score

Took a quick photo last night wearing:

Dartmouth in Navy Hopsack
Sunwashed Denim Shirt
Cramerton Rivets
Carmina Snuff Suede Chukkas

On another note, I pulled the trigger on Khaki Military Twill Taylors this morning. I was debating them during the last EFF but could only justify buying one pair. Happy to have a second opportunity!

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can confirm that the Olive Thick and Cozy Cotton is amazing. I'd pick up the Walnut Brushed Twill but after my Umber Moleskin and Brown/Magenta Tweed Rivets, I think I'm set on colder weather brown pants. Bummer to miss that one, but you can't get em all.

Sleeper hit, though, I think is the re-emergence of the Cool Water Merino Flannel. @Epaulet Mike, there's definitely more stock on that one? Grabbed it, but hoping for no out-of-stock e-mail down the line... Looks amazing.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can confirm that the Olive Thick and Cozy Cotton is amazing. I'd pick up the Walnut Brushed Twill but after my Umber Moleskin and Brown/Magenta Tweed Rivets, I think I'm set on colder weather brown pants. Bummer to miss that one, but you can't get em all.

Sleeper hit, though, I think is the re-emergence of the Cool Water Merino Flannel. @Epaulet Mike, there's definitely more stock on that one? Grabbed it, but hoping for no out-of-stock e-mail down the line... Looks amazing.
Is the Olive T&C also a cold weather pant? Maybe a 2 season pant?

The Thick and Cozy part of the name sort of implies that.

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely set on cool weather pants until next year. Going to wait and spend all my money on the spring MTO's. I got the heavyweight wool/cash/mink and the oxford grey flannel for cool weather pants so I think i'm set for this round. Also I'm wearing the Mister Dandy's today. Really awesome pant, even though it's velvet it's still easy to wear casually since the pattern kind of offsets that. Plus it only has a bit of a sheen to it. Really comfy though, you could definitely wear them year round.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the Olive T&C also a cold weather pant? Maybe a 2 season pant?

The Thick and Cozy part of the name sort of implies that.

It's three season for me, but probably two for you as you live in Florida. In the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic I'd wear them Sept through May. If I lived in SF I'd never take them off.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet

Thedi jacket received. Crazy nice for the price! Thanks again.

usps tracking was not updating so it kept saying it had not shipped yet until day of delivery.

DapperDan08

Reaction score
Fifty degrees in Boston means rock the shirt.

Also: horween belt and white tennis hi.

Last edited:

smmrfld

Reaction score
Hi Mike...wasn't sure if you missed my post last week, but a few questions:

1) Any word from Alden re the Color 8 Alt Wien restock?

2) You had mentioned that you would have a full size run of Tennis Trainers in the LA studio to try on and walk in to dial in proper fit. Are these available yet?

3) Any plans for a reorder of the shell Tennis Trainers?

Thanks!

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet Hey Mike, how come the Taylors didn't get made up with the extended tab closure this time around? Both mine from this EFF just have regular button through closures, my pair from the previous EFF during summer has it. I'm not heartbroken or anything, but just curious.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since I have benefited so much from the photos others have shared, I'm trying to get better at sharing my own:

EP long sleeve vintage black union jersey tee
EP olive cramerton rivets
EP mocha couro cromo tennis trainers
(Stephan Schneider conservation)

The shirts are long gone, but I can't recommend the cramerton pants any more strongly than I do. I have pants from EP in about 20 different fabrics and I can't call any of them my favorite, but I can say this is the best casual chino fabric I've run across from any retailer. If the rivet cut works for you, buy every color you'll wear.

And I have a few sneakers from EP, but I'm team mocha all the way.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member