• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet Congrats on the move! Maybe I should convince my daughter to start telling my wife that she wants to learn to surf as well so I'll have a good excuse to move to warmer and sunnier climes!

I am sort of saddened to see that LA will be the main fulfillment center since it will probably add a day on to my shipping! :slapfight:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks so much everyone, we're really jazzed for it!

The sale is going to be a lot of fun - hope to see some of you guys there.

In terms of Store Pickup @peppercorn78 - the BK store will be open on Thurs for pickups. However, all store pickup items remaining there will go to the Manhattan shop on Friday morning. I'll mention this in the newsletter, but three important things for local guys:

1) We will not have any store pickup items available during the Brooklyn sale

2) We cannot take any returns or exchanges during the Brooklyn sale

3) We cannot size you for custom clothing during the Brooklyn sale

All three of these things can happen at the Manhattan store over the weekend, though. Sorry for the restrictions, but I'm anticipating things getting pretty crazy, and we have to just focus on moving stuff out that day.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
With all the excitement that going on, Oakstreetbootmakers just released a pair of really nice wingtips featuring calfskin from d'Annonay...
Then i remembered the EP gyw line that is approaching and the idea of an EP alt wein and shortwing with d'Annonay leather.
Really excited for the things to come!

@OdusBK my first samples are shipping next week. I can't speak for anyone else, but I can tell you that these will be the straight-up best shoes on the market for the price.

lifeinabox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's huge and congrats on the move! Homies be celebrating in the streets...

tumblr_inline_n782ssoHLK1sbfyb2.gif

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats, Mike.

I was actually in SaMo last night in semi menswear attire at a chic restaurant with a friend. Of course nearly everyone else was in t's and hoodies...reminded me of our convo on how you were the only one in menswear on the block!

If you need a baby sitter or dog sitter, give me a call, man! I love both equally :slayer:

Last edited:

MKELLY

Reaction score
Congrats to you and Adele, Mike. Will miss running into y'all weekends on the playground, but wish you both the best out west.

Very interested in seeing the Portugal plans come together. I've always been a fan of your made-in-USA offerings, in part because of my (likely naive) misgivings about worker conditions abroad. But knowing the effort you put into connecting with your suppliers and factories puts my concerns totally to rest. Very excited to see what you've got in store!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Congrats, Mike.

I was actually in SaMo last night in semi menswear attire at a chic restaurant with a friend. Of course nearly everyone else was in t's and hoodies...reminded me of our convo on how you were the only one in menswear on the block!

Oh yes, they thought that I was a doctor at the coffee place!

Haha, I'm not going to make that mistake twice though. A brick and mortar #menswear store in Los Angeles is a pretty awful idea. It's truthfully very hard to pull off in the vast majority of cities, especially if your offerings are off-the-rack.

Our new space is going to focus on made to order pieces and the biz-caz basics. I'll certainly sell more Tennis Trainers than I will Carmina double monks. And more field jackets than Samuelsohn tweed sportcoats. But for someone who wants the more formal and/or higher end stuff, we'll have all of our Made-To-Order possibilities. And a very comfortable space to hang out in. When we sold 8 Sea Island cotton shirts that the LA Trunk Show, I knew that we were on to something :)

For the record, several guys asked "Where's Wisith" at the trunk show!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Congrats to you and Adele, Mike. Will miss running into y'all weekends on the playground, but wish you both the best out west.

Very interested in seeing the Portugal plans come together. I've always been a fan of your made-in-USA offerings, in part because of my (likely naive) misgivings about worker conditions abroad. But knowing the effort you put into connecting with your suppliers and factories puts my concerns totally to rest. Very excited to see what you've got in store!

@MKELLY Thank you!

And that's a good point. We're always very careful with our factory partners - which is a point that I really need to spell out explicitly on the website. Our Portugal factories are excellent, and I've personally visted and vetted every one of them.

Which, believe me, is not the case. A lot of Portuguese production is used for both Zara and Massimo Dutti. The work and materials are cheap, because they have to be. There's plenty of awful low end production in Portugal as well. Italy too (and probably even more so). I'm not exaggerating when I say that we're using the absolute best partner for every category that we're working with.

Our American production isn't going anywhere, and we'll most likely expand that too. It will move to less off-the-rack and more made-to-order though. In the case of factories like Southwick and Individualized, it's what they do best.

Last edited:

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh yes, they thought that I was a doctor at the coffee place!

Haha, I'm not going to make that mistake twice though. A brick and mortar #menswear store in Los Angeles is a pretty awful idea. It's truthfully very hard to pull off in the vast majority of cities, especially if your offerings are off-the-rack. 

Our new space is going to focus on made to order pieces and the biz-caz basics. I'll certainly sell more Tennis Trainers than I will Carmina double monks. And more field jackets than Samuelsohn tweed sportcoats. But for someone who wants the more formal and/or higher end stuff, we'll have all of our Made-To-Order possibilities. And a very comfortable space to hang out in. When we sold 8 Sea Island cotton shirts that the LA Trunk Show, I knew that we were on to something :)

For the record, several guys asked "Where's Wisith" at the trunk show! 

Haha. Fok asked me the same thing...he demanded I post more on here, but I don't actually post outfit pictures much anymore. I only posted in your thread anyway:foo:

I'm officially unemployed for the week since I'm starting a new gig on Monday, was going to stop by your trunk show but timing didn't work out.

I will definitely stop by your LA place if that's allowed. Will give you some goodies too...working on some products to get into the pet industry :)

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats to Mike&Adele on moving back out west. I keep finding reasons to avoid weekend trips to SoCal, but now I won't be able to say no.

MKELLY

Reaction score

@MKELLY
 Thank you!

And that's a good point. We're always very careful with our factory partners - which is a point that I really need to spell out explicitly on the website. Our Portugal factories are excellent, and I've personally visted and vetted every one of them. 

Which, believe me, is not the case. A lot of Portuguese production is used for both Zara and Massimo Dutti. The work and materials are cheap, because they have to be. There's plenty of awful low end production in Portugal as well. Italy too (and probably even more so). I'm not exaggerating when I say that we're using the absolute best partner for every category that we're working with. 

Our American production isn't going anywhere, and we'll most likely expand that too. It will move to less off-the-rack and more made-to-order though. In the case of factories like Southwick and Individualized, it's what they do best. 

Yes! It's a great selling point for people who worry about ethical production -- the answer isn't (can't be) to buy only Made-in-USA. The better answer -- the one that actually serves the workers at issue -- is to find chances to promote and patronize the factories and producers that are doing it right. And you guys are in a great position to help us do that.

That said, hey, any time you want to run another promotion like the EFF Southwick promo, I'll be clearing my calendar and checking the couch for coins. It's not often (in fact, not ever) that I buy two suits, and find myself saying within weeks of their arrival "I just wished I'd picked up one more..."

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Brooklyn Store Closing

This weekend (4/16 & 4/17) will be the last two days of Epaulet Brooklyn. We’ll hold a clearance sale from 11AM to 7PM on both days and all merchandise will be price $10 to $250. They’ll be plenty of high end things like leather jackets and shoes that start with “A.” - not to mention wacko samples, overcast, and old stuff. It’s definitely worth the trip from out of town. Please note that the sale is cash only and everything is final sale with NO exceptions.
Very tempted to make the trip up from DC on Saturday even though I'll be writing checks to The Man for more than $800 on Friday . . .

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big congrats on the move Mike @Epaulet

I think you will enjoy some range time with your toys ;)

Let me know when you in T.O and we will hit my range.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads