• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think we've officially sold out of the Kamigata! I hope you guys are as stoked as I am! Hopefully they start popping up more often in fit pics.

I really haven't gone a day without wearing it.

Epaulet LA Doyle Jacket
Epaulet LA Kamigata
Epaulet LA 14oz Kaihara Wilshire
Carmina Emerson Jodhpur

racknac

Reaction score

I think we've officially sold out of the Kamigata! I hope you guys are as stoked as I am! Hopefully they start popping up more often in fit pics. I really haven't gone a day without wearing it. Epaulet LA Doyle Jacket Epaulet LA Kamigata Epaulet LA 14oz Kaihara Wilshire Carmina Emerson Jodhpur
Awesome fit, is your Doyle sized up to be able to fit the Kamigata underneath?

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Awesome fit, is your Doyle sized up to be able to fit the Kamigata underneath?

And do you expect to see some fading with the indigo kamigata?

My Doyle is true to size, 36 (same as Southwick/LBM/etc). It's a chore jacket in essence and I always tell guys to size up if they're between sizes. It's meant to be a little relaxed, so I think slightly oversized is better than slightly undersized.

And in regards to fading, absolutely. Nearly any cotton fabric, especially indigo denim, will fade and develop character as you wear and wash it. Denim tops are typically worn and washed a lot less frequently than jeans, so the fading process is a lot longer. But my western shirt has a little fading at stress points. It all comes down to how often and hard it's worn and/or washed.

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great job on the presentation of that last batch of trouser fabrics - fit and photography are both consistent, not to mention, excellent. I can only imagine the look on the faces of the passers-by during that particular photoshoot.

FWIW, I am 99% sure I have that "rust" fabric in a past Walt make-up and it is fantastic in color and hand.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think we've officially sold out of the Kamigata! I hope you guys are as stoked as I am! Hopefully they start popping up more often in fit pics.

I really haven't gone a day without wearing it.

Epaulet LA Doyle Jacket
Epaulet LA Kamigata
Epaulet LA 14oz Kaihara Wilshire
Carmina Emerson Jodhpur

Matt, this is hands down one of your best fits. Nicely done.

Also @TO Tie Guy looks like the EP casual bridle belts.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Galey & Lord Military Twill Update

Hey guys,

I've gotten a lot of questions about how we're expanding the Galey & Lord Military Twill fabric program. Because we're supplying three different factories and we're dealing with limited quantities of deadstock, we have to pick and choose what colors go where. So this is the plan:

Rivet Chinos
Will be made in all five existing colors: Navy, Pale Khaki, Coffee, Midnight Oil, Olive. Will be available for MTO starting next week.

Walt/Rudy/Driggs
Driggs will be made in Coffee OTR. Walt/Rudy/Driggs will all be available for MTO in Coffee, Navy, and Khaki

EPLA Sportcoats
First round of production will be made in Navy and Khaki

So, the thinking here is balancing strong basics with a cotton casual suit separate program. When all three factories are going, you'll be able to buy an EPLA sportcoat and perfectly match it to a Walt, Rudy, Driggs, or Rivet Chino. And of course everything is very wearable on its own.

Mike-

Wow, that faded red UK canvas is amazing! Can you find something similar for us Walt/Rudy/Driggs guys?

The Red Khyber Cloth is the closest thing, but it's not the same. It's paler and dressier.

I know that I've stressed this before, but anyone who likes the Rivet Chino should really think about that Faded Red color. These will get delivered right in time for Summer and you will absolutely love these pants. All of the colors are great, but that Faded Red is really the most perfect shade of red that I've ever seen. We can make about 12 more units in it.

And do you expect to see some fading with the indigo kamigata?

Absolutely. That indigo is the same fabric that we used for the Distressed Western and Engineer shirt:

It's gonna take a while, but you can expect that it will look like this one day:

I am instacopping that Rust Twill. What belt is the model wearing?

Cool! You're going to love that Steep Twill. It's a bit out of season, but at this price, I think that these are worth sitting on for a few months before wearing them. The belt is this one:

Casual Belt British Brown Bridle Leather: $75

Last edited:

racknac

Reaction score

My Doyle is true to size, 36 (same as Southwick/LBM/etc). It's a chore jacket in essence and I always tell guys to size up if they're between sizes. It's meant to be a little relaxed, so I think slightly oversized is better than slightly undersized.

And in regards to fading, absolutely. Nearly any cotton fabric, especially indigo denim, will fade and develop character as you wear and wash it. Denim tops are typically worn and washed a lot less frequently than jeans, so the fading process is a lot longer. But my western shirt has a little fading at stress points. It all comes down to how often and hard it's worn and/or washed.

Sweet. Thanks for the input. Picked up the last olive Doyle in 40. I'm a M in Epaulet NY shirts, but its definitely pretty fitted on me and I would like a piece to layer a bit more... although living in SF I rarely need more than 2.

stmaier

Reaction score

Galey & Lord Military Twill Update

Hey guys,

I've gotten a lot of questions about how we're expanding the Galey & Lord Military Twill fabric program. Because we're supplying three different factories and we're dealing with limited quantities of deadstock, we have to pick and choose what colors go where. So this is the plan:

Rivet Chinos
Will be made in all five existing colors: Navy, Pale Khaki, Coffee, Midnight Oil, Olive

Walt/Rudy/Driggs
Driggs will be made in Coffee OTR. Walt/Rudy/Driggs will all be available for MTO in Coffee, Navy, and Khaki

The Red Khyber Cloth is the closest thing, but it's not the same. It's paler and dressier.

Oh man, you promised the Midnight Oil for the Rudy's! My Red Khyber Cloth and Grape Rudy's arrived. Both are fantastic. Please keep your eye out for a casual faded red UK canvas for us...would love a more casual option.

neutrino

Reaction score
Sweet. Thanks for the input. Picked up the last olive Doyle in 40. I'm a M in Epaulet NY shirts, but its definitely pretty fitted on me and I would like a piece to layer a bit more... although living in SF I rarely need more than 2.
Same story here, picked up an olive Doyle in 40 during the SM store closing being a fitted M in shirts. I even live in SF now too, ha. When it gets windy in the evenings I prefer to have something warmer than just a medium-weight shirt underneath. I pre-ordered the chambray in a 39 though, I think it will be ideal.

Also Mike, no word on the burnished jumpers still?

Last edited:

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Put the midnight oil in for walts!

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Epaulet - will you be updating the MTO section with pictures of the made up fabrics as the first round of orders come in (so we can see them made up)? Would be really helpful

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads