• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pictures today from my middle school's "Blower Room". How I've not heard of this place until today is beyond me, but its pretty cool...all original equipment from 1927 when the main building was built...still blowing strong!
Airforce Blue Flannel today:
IMG_7776.jpg

IMG_7778.jpg

IMG_7781.jpg

IMG_7779.jpg

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"Mommy, NYR took me into the secret blower room at school. And.. and... he made me take fit pics of him for the internet." :lol:

I might've gone with smaller cuffs, but looks good.

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Haven't bought a shirt in months but I think that's about to change. Love this tattersall.

Oh man, that shirt is killer. Has an incredibly soft, yet still substantial hand to it! And it's a brilliant mix of colors.

The photo links on the Epaulet x Liberty of London Mens Glencot House page are messed up.

Thanks for pointing it out. Dylan and Mike do all the fixing of links, I'll pass it along.

I just got my camel hair sport coat and herringbone suit and... DUDE

Thanks for picking them up! You're going to love the Baby Camel Hair. One of my favorite jackets that we've done. Looks like you should be hanging out on the Yale campus in the 60s-kind of vibe. Post up some pics!

Striped oxfords?? Yes! I'd buy them for sure. Great idea.

fistbump.gif
I love em.

Thanks mostly to the new website sale, I have 5 shirts and a pair of Walts coming this week. My closet is pretty much packed with Epaulet stuff now so I probably will need slow down on the Epaulet purchases in the foreseeable future. Just want to give the Epaulet crew another shout out on the great customer service. I brain farted on the shipping location for the latest order and sent an email asking if they can change the shipping address. They did just that without any delays in getting my order shipped. Thanks guys!

No problem. Things have been pretty hectic with the new site, so we've been especially careful not to slip up. Hope you dig everything mang.

Pictures today from my middle school's "Blower Room". How I've not heard of this place until today is beyond me, but its pretty cool...all original equipment from 1927 when the main building was built...still blowing strong!
Airforce Blue Flannel today:
IMG_7776.jpg

IMG_7778.jpg

IMG_7781.jpg

IMG_7779.jpg

Rob, you've gotta stop making me covet the fabric of your jackets. You've been looking so gnarly lately! Well, that's the usual, but stepped it up even higher.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's no fun to post up pictures after Rob now that the weather on NY hast cooled down :(

Liberty shirt today:

tumblr_mdthp8EnwB1rux7jzo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mdthp8EnwB1rux7jzo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mdthp8EnwB1rux7jzo3_1280.jpg

Reginald Bartholomew

Reaction score
So I received my Olive Moleskins today, and they weren't what I was expecting- rather than the brown-ish tone they appeared on the website, they are a deep green tone. Totally wonderful to look at and touch (and although not moleskin specific comment, by god does my junk look amazing in a pair of Walts), but completely mystifying me with what I should wear with them. Suggestions around colours/textures for up top?

jpc9

Reaction score
Received my Marcello gun check today. Every bit as old man steez as I thought it might be.

Almost grabbed the Nailhead blue cotton/silk, and am pissed I missed it. If anyone out there snagged one in a 36/46 or 38/48 and is having second thoughts, hit me up!

(Also goes for the baby camel hair in 36)

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just got my camel hair sport coat and herringbone suit and... DUDE

Yeah the baby camel hair is amazing. Weller doesn't fit me as well as I'd like though, shoulders a bit too wide causing some divots but tight in bicep area. Normally I'd sell if I had these issues but the fabric is just so damn nice :confused:

Got a bunch of other stuff as well today, really liking the muted glen plaid as well

Last edited:

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my Chromexcel Natural Brixton Boots this week. One word
Awesome

scottcw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Allow me to again sing the praises of the baby camel hair. It might be the best piece of clothing I own.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

So I received my Olive Moleskins today, and they weren't what I was expecting- rather than the brown-ish tone they appeared on the website, they are a deep green tone. Totally wonderful to look at and touch (and although not moleskin specific comment, by god does my junk look amazing in a pair of Walts), but completely mystifying me with what I should wear with them. Suggestions around colours/textures for up top?

Haha, it's our ultimate goal to make everyone's junk look amazing in our pants. Glad that we could come through.

Regarding the color, it's really easily matched to navy, grey, tan, and camel. It's a very versatile tone actually. Most guys would stay away from Black and Red/Burgundy tones, but it will go nicely with a lot of outerwear and sportcoats out there. I love it with navy.

Received my Marcello gun check today. Every bit as old man steez as I thought it might be.
Almost grabbed the Nailhead blue cotton/silk, and am pissed I missed it. If anyone out there snagged one in a 36/46 or 38/48 and is having second thoughts, hit me up!
(Also goes for the baby camel hair in 36)

Awesome, glad that you dig the Marcello! Old Man Steez is entirely right on that piece.

Got my Chromexcel Natural Brixton Boots this week.  One word
Awesome
http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/569441/

These look great - thanks for picking them up!

Allow me to again sing the praises of the baby camel hair. It might be the best piece of clothing I own.

Fantastic - glad that you're so pleased with it. Thanks again!

Love this thread, like a family in a family here, sans the stupid drunken political arguments that always end up happening at my Thanksgiving table!
Happy Thanksgiving Gang!

Very apt. Happy thanksgiving to you and the fam too!

oisin

Reaction score
oh man, pwnd by the new site! No ice dot shirt (someone got to it before me I guess) and the madras shorts i thought i ordered are totally different than the ones i received. le sigh. I wanted that shirt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads