• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

NYR
Deets on those shorts? What's the inseam?

Shorts were an experiment. They were a pair of Adam&Eve Navy Blue summer weight chinos that I was selling for like nothing on B&S. After a few weeks of nobody biting, I decided to give em a bleach treatment (spray bottle with half bleach half hot water) and then a soak in a hot tub for a few hours. After, I had them hemmed to 7.5 inches. Sometimes the bleach thing looks good, sometimes it totally destroys the fabric...these came out ok I think.

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mr. K, how tall are you? I can't believe how small of shoes you wear. No offense intended, of course!

I am 5'8" and it sucks having small feet. It means i have to order every shoe I want and wait. I can sometimes find the 6E U Si need from Hong Kong vendors.

Last edited:

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tumblr_m6z21hr8cO1rux7jzo1_1280.jpg

Service Pants once again.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys!
I'm back in the States, and had a great trip to Mallorca & Berlin. I'll be posting up a ton of Carmina photos shortly.

Man I remember going through Check Point Charlie in the early 80's to go into East Berlin. I also remember drinking a bit too much and having an Uzi pointed in my face during one of the worst hangovers of my life. I do hope your mornings there were different than mine...

scottcw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dropped by the Orchard St. store last Friday after a day of walking around Manhattan. My best friend is a law student on a limited budget and Matt spent a lot of time advising on best value options. I think he will be a future Epaulet customer when funds allow. Mike sent a "guten tag" all the way from Berlin like a boss. I picked up my 3rd Epaulet sport coat and ordered the hopsack trousers to complete the suit with the Caine blazer.

Once again props to Michael, Adele, Matt and crew for top notch products and customer service.

thecentennial

Reaction score
No comment on the ebay sale.

However, in relation to the shrinkage - why not just have them let out by a tailor? They have about 1.5 inches capacity either way.

Flyswatter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Damn, I'd been eyeing the cutaway collar navy gingham shirt for a while now, and just went to order one... but alas, sold out of mediums.:( Did I miss out for good, or is a restock coming soon?

Sent an email to Epaulet and received a very courteous and prompt reply from Adele. Unfortunately, the navy gingham dress shirt won't be restocked. I'm really kicking myself for missing-out on this!:brick: A quality blue gingham dress shirt with a nice spread collar has been on my buy list for a while now. Gingham shirts are everywhere, but they seem to be hard to find with a spread collar. I considered one from Kent Want, but his collars just aren't spread enough for my tastes. I should have purchased the one from Epaulet while I had the chance! Anyone have suggestions for a comparable alternative? I'm looking for one formal enough to be worn with a jacket and tie.

Last edited:

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No comment on the ebay sale.

However, in relation to the shrinkage - why not just have them let out by a tailor? They have about 1.5 inches capacity either way.

How does a tailor do that?
I can see the extra fabric on the inside of my Rivets but I have no idea how a tailor is supposted to let out the waistband?

Last edited:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

How does a tailor do that?
I can see the extra fabric on the inside of my Rivets but I have no idea how a tailor is supposted to let out the waistband?

Yea Louis that extra material is built underneath the waist band as well, they can EASILY and cheaply be opened up about 2 and a half inches if need be.

drichards2013

Reaction score
For all you frequent Epauletters, for someone owning zero pairs of pants, which ones (as in style/color) would you suppose one should buy first?

You can name more than one.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members