• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mr and Mrs fits today:
9af41ae4.jpg

a0b47267.jpg

20e1cab2.jpg

Seersucker BD and Handsewn Mocs on me, Audrey Shirtdress on the Mrs...better lighting would've helped but it was late afternoon...

We're gonna check out the tailor across the street from you guys on Orchard tomorrow. My wife has a pair of tux pants that need to be cigarette legged and I'm going to drop off most of my rivets to get the length dialed in...not happy with what's been done on them locally. I'm sure I'll swing by and say hello...

Last edited:

Abecedarian

Reaction score
NYR, I've had several pairs of pants done at the tailor shop across the street from Epaulet and they do a fine job, but I'd add some caveats. They tend to cut length from the pants even on hems that could just as easily be turned up. You'll have to tell them if you want it otherwise. Also, they operate in a rush-rush way, like a server who tries to keep all the orders in his head rather writing them down. I suggest you repeat back to them what you're having done to each pant; it may save you some grief: I needed a pair of oxford rivets let out; they took them in. Cheers!

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Distressed Mint Rivets paired with nothing in particular. Took several poor shots and am posting them all with the hope that the sum might be greater than it's parts.

Simplicio

Reaction score
^ I like this fabric. Its a shame I can't quite fit into the rivets. Anyhow:

Sage linen window pane SC, regiment twill trousers in moss (Rudy). If you wear a size 42 I really think you should consider buying this SC while you have the chance.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

NYR, I've had several pairs of pants done at the tailor shop across the street from Epaulet and they do a fine job, but I'd add some caveats. They tend to cut length from the pants even on hems that could just as easily be turned up. You'll have to tell them if you want it otherwise. Also, they operate in a rush-rush way, like a server who tries to keep all the orders in his head rather writing them down. I suggest you repeat back to them what you're having done to each pant; it may save you some grief: I needed a pair of oxford rivets let out; they took them in. Cheers!

Yikes, VERY good to know. Almost all of them are just having the hems fixed, they're slightly too long...just want to keep them with a simple 1.5 inch flip up and very slight break. Do you know the name of the place??

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yikes, VERY good to know. Almost all of them are just having the hems fixed, they're slightly too long...just want to keep them with a simple 1.5 inch flip up and very slight break. Do you know the name of the place??

It's Orchard Tailor Services.

Last edited:

neutrino

Reaction score
Going on a date earlier today..
shog[1].gif

Actually, the french blues, while around 2/10 on SF swag scale I guess, turned out to be a pretty bold color to wear for me. I have to admit I had to grab myself by the cojones a bit.
(also present: red/white/blue madras)

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Sage linen window pane SC, regiment twill trousers in moss (Rudy). If you wear a size 42 I really think you should consider buying this SC while you have the chance.

That's a nice look. I like the tones of the jacket with the color of the Rudys, and it seems like you've even picked up the bluish windowpane with your choice of shirt. Understated and well done.

Going on a date earlier today.. 
shog%5B1%5D.gif

Actually, the french blues, while around 2/10 on SF swag scale I guess, turned out to be a pretty bold color to wear for me. I have to admit I had to grab myself by the cojones a bit.
(also present: red/white/blue madras)

With that bouquet you've got there, I very much doubt your trousers are the first thing your date will notice.:) Looks like a good combination.

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i can still special order pants right? it closes in about an hour and a half

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ NYR don't know if it's too late but I'd highly recommend Stanton Street Tailors (around the corner from the Orchard St store). Pablo and his crew do exceptional, reasonably-priced work. You will have to come back though if it's more than just a hem or two.

Also I've heard Rene up Orchard is good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads