• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Impossible.

Very possible...Epaulet has some of the most rabid and obsessed customers - did you see the pics of kgmessier's closet during the trouser contest?

After a healthy string of 7 Rudys, I recently bought the Smith jean, and based on the fit of those I just ordered 2 Rivets, bringing me to a grand total of 10 pairs of pants. And this is all in the past 8 months. And this doesn't include my 2 special order jackets, 2 pairs of Brixton boots, and several other random items. Looking forward to my new Navy service canvas and British khaki pants...I'm sure they will be nothing sort of amazing, just like everything else I have ordered! Oh yeah, I also got the Natty CXL belt, which is now my 3rd Epaulet belt.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ehhh, I suppose this could be true. Some of their patterend shirts are kinda out there to say the least, didn't really take those into account. Well their oxfords and more "modest" B.D's are pretty sharp.

Last edited:

Simplicio

Reaction score
Simplicio - those boots look awesome! I don't have any commando-soled boots or shoes, so for my next pair of boots I'll definitely be looking for something with a commando sole.

Simplicio, those Brixtons are ace man... Good work!

Those Brixtons are awesome, love the commando sole

Thank you. I'm happy with the way they turned out. I think that natural chromexcel goes well with the more casual style of the commando, especially after it breaks in a little. I also have the commando sole natural chromexcel lwbs from Winn Perry and I really like them. The soles on these boots are more substantial than the Alden commando sole, but I think they work. But I'm not sure if they make the boots more or less mod. I think that had been Mike's original idea.

Sorry to be impolite, but how much did those run you? I would really like to do the same thing to my pair of Brixtons.

I don't recall the specific amount, since it was bundled in with some other work they did for me. But I think you could expect something in the neighborhood of $150, give or take. But please don't hold me or Nick to that. In any case I think the price was reasonable.

Gingahbman

Reaction score
Sigh. All this talk about navy marl is making me sad. Hopefully they reissue later this year so I can style it with the rest of my Epaulet gear :slayer:.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No pics, but wore my heavyweight stone rivets in the POURING rain this AM. Thankfully was able to score a ride to work, but still had to walk about 8 blocks in it, was absolutely SOAKED. Pants dried nicely though.

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hoping third time's a charm. Navy Rivets in size 31 were too slim in thighs so had to sell. Ordered the Rudy Merino Wool Cadet Grey in size 30 last Friday but they were sold out when they tried to fulfill this week. So just ordered the Walt Oxford Grey Flannel in size 32 and hope to get on Saturday. I sized up so I hope it works after tailoring.

mfluder

Reaction score
Enjoying a few minutes outside the office in the lovely Sydney sun this morning with my new Brixtons. iPhone pics don't even capture 1/10th of the beauty of Color 8. They sparkle in the sun like a Twilight vampire. Thanks Epaulet for a terrific makeup and customer service!

c094755a-79b7-546c.jpg

c094755a-79cb-8e95.jpg

laughter95

Reaction score

Very possible...Epaulet has some of the most rabid and obsessed customers - did you see the pics of kgmessier's closet during the trouser contest?

I think the previous poster meant that it was "impossible" for the shirts to go out of fashion. With this much money sunk into them, I hope so! Have been collecting for the past two years or so.

I think at this point I am done with purchasing pants, as I have five Walts. I've also decided to stop purchasing shirts, unless it's a print. Now that my wardrobe consists of Epaulet shirts/belt/pants/sweater, Uniqlo basics, Samurai, PBJ, Levis, and Fullcounts, a couple TOJ jackets, a pair of JV Jack Purcells, brown Alden chukkas, a grey and navy suit, and a pair of black Crockett and Jones, I only need now a waistcoat, black boots, and possibly the Alden chromexcel Indys.

The best thing about the Epaulet brand is that their clothes can be worn both at work and at play.

I obviously have been greatly influenced by this brand and StyleForum over the past few years. Thanks for dressing me, Internet.:foo:

Last edited:

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
got my japanese khaki rivets today. they feel like butterrrr. can't wait till next months restock to cop other colors

Last edited:

laughter95

Reaction score

i think he meant impossible to them going out of style

I think at some point Farinelli's was garnering more (positive) attention in SW&D than Epaulet... Perhaps in 2008 - mid 2009 I just wasn't paying attention to this affiliate thread, and also due to the fact that the thread wasn't started until April 2009 :eek:.

Now it seems like all the activity on this website goes to the TOJ thread, this Epaulet thread, and then WAYWT. Starting new threads here has certainly died down. This is probably due to the forum culture of harshly flaming "Special Flowers".

Anyway, pardon my thread crapping. I'll make up for it with more Epaulet fanboyism -

GO EPAULET

racknac

Reaction score
Hey Mike, I was recently wearing my Carmina saddle double monks and the ******* door on the subway gashed it. There is now a big scrath and a little puncture on the shoe... any suggestions on how I can potentiall get the scratch out... how should I be caring for them? Since they are shell cordovan I thought I would just beat them up before adding anything to the leather, but now I am getting paranoid...

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think at some point Farinelli's was garnering more (positive) attention in SW&D than Epaulet... Perhaps in 2008 - mid 2009 I just wasn't paying attention to this affiliate thread, and also due to the fact that the thread wasn't started until April 2009 :eek:.
Now it seems like all the activity on this website goes to the TOJ thread, this Epaulet thread, and then WAYWT. Starting new threads here has certainly died down. This is probably due to the forum culture of harshly flaming "Special Flowers".
Anyway, pardon my thread crapping. I'll make up for it with more Epaulet fanboyism -
GO EPAULET

Yup

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hey Mike, I was recently wearing my Carmina saddle double monks and the ******* door on the subway gashed it. There is now a big scrath and a little puncture on the shoe... any suggestions on how I can potentiall get the scratch out... how should I be caring for them? Since they are shell cordovan I thought I would just beat them up before adding anything to the leather, but now I am getting paranoid...

That blows. I'd try the Mac method. Whats great about shell, is that its SO durable. The puncture may not come out, but with some elbow grease the scratch can become a soft "character mark", the first of many. You basically rub the shoe with a wet cloth, then for 5 minutes straight, brush the shoe vigorously with a horsehair brush (focus on the damage area). Thn give em a buff when you're done. This has worked on all sorts of shell for me. GL

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This may be heresy...but...I've been wearing rivet chinos to work a lot (2x a week)...and I'm actually less in love with the taped outseam than I was a couple of years ago. (I cuff about 1.5 inches)

I think it may not be the tape as much as the stitching. But the fit is absolutely perfect.

Mike, would you even consider replacing the tape with a felled seam? (believe the term is either flat-felled or double-felled?) The cost might be the same, i.e. replacing the tape with a more complicated stitch that uses a little more fabric? :hide:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads