• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

oisin

Reaction score

Hey guys!
Got to Florence today and had a bunch of meetings. And way too much pizza within a 12-hour period. I'll hit the Pitti show tomorrow, but in the meantime I've got some tourist-tastic snapshots of the sights.

Carmina Pre-Order for Austerity Brogue
In case anyone hasn't been following it, we've got a great thread going for a custom Carmina makeup. We finalized the design and I built it out on the preorder section of our website. We've already met our quota for production, so I'll most likely keep it open for orders until next Friday, after which we'll submit the size run to Carmina. This is a great chance to get in on a really handsome style!

Carmina for Epaulet Special Order Snuff Suede Austerity Brogue DEPOSIT
And you can read all about it in the dedicated thread right here. There's lots of sizing advice there too.

man, those shoes are super handsome. just another wrinkle in what shoes to get. they just make me want to put on some great grey flannel (of which i have none), maybe a tweed jacket, and just be all fuzzy.

Nice to get to go to Italy for business. I go to exciting places like Texarkana.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Navy Marl lambswool today...with Epaulet western print belt and AE McTavish. :hide: I love wearing pink with these trousers, especially in the middle of winter - almost makes it feel like it's spring already! The color really pops a lot better IRL, I still need a better camera and a new apartment with better lighting.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Mike, while you're in Florence, you can ask them if they want to give back any of the loot they stole from our ancestors in the name of unification...

Haha, I'll be sure it run it by them during my next pizza outing here.

Hey, good to see that you're enjoying those Service pants! You were thinking of selling them right? I think that they're a killer color for your wardrobe.

In all seriousness, having been involved in fleshing out the details for the Carmina special make-up, you guys should definitely jump on it. Its going to be a beautiful spring/summer/fall shoe; the snuff suede will make it super versatile. As always, Mike was awesome to work with and supportive of putting together a special order. Carmina seems to be magnitudes easier to work with for special orders in comparison to Alden; haven't even been able to get confirmation on our proposed Whiskey Plaza wingtip boot special makeup yet. Hopefully soon enough though. Fingers crossed.

No, thank you - all of the members in the Carmina for Epaulet thread have been a pleasure to work with and it's really exciting to get all of this off the ground.

And I'm meeting with Alden at Pitti as well. We'll definitely get that Plaza Wingtip boot online next week. Taking a deposit via the website makes things really easy, so I'll use the same system for that. We've already pre-sold more units of the Carmina Austerity Brogue than planned because customers can order into it directly, rather than asking for an email invoice and going through all of those steps.

man, those shoes are super handsome. just another wrinkle in what shoes to get. they just make me want to put on some great grey flannel (of which i have none), maybe a tweed jacket, and just be all fuzzy.
Nice to get to go to Italy for business. I go to exciting places like Texarkana.

Oh man, these would be illegally good with grey flannel. They'll be an excellent match for linen and denim too. I'm so glad that we're doing this style - it's not something that I would have chosen to make up for the store, and it will be really interesting to say how the future Carmina makeups come out. Personally, I'd love to see that suede/calf balmoral boot happen.

Navy Marl lambswool today...with Epaulet western print belt and AE McTavish. :hide: I love wearing pink with these trousers, especially in the middle of winter - almost makes it feel like it's spring already! The color really pops a lot better IRL, I still need a better camera and a new apartment with better lighting.

Pink shirts and Navy trousers are always so freaking boss. We're going to hook up a solid pink dress shirt for the next delivery. It's such a great color. Thanks for posting the pic!

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Haha, I'll be sure it run it by them during my next pizza outing here.
Hey, good to see that you're enjoying those Service pants! You were thinking of selling them right? I think that they're a killer color for your wardrobe.

I was looking for a swap...but I think you're right...the color and style does fill a nice gap...seriously, enjoy the trip man, Florence is a beautiful city.

David Zaritsky

Reaction score
Stopped by the shop yesterday while in NYC...will have to spend more time next time I am in. Everything was laid out in a very simple fashion...at first I didn't realize that you had more sizes in the trousers hanging so was crest fallen when I saw the small selection. But the gent on duty (glasses, beard), was helpful in explaining the approach. But now that I know you are so close to my other favorite places like Scotch & Soda etc, I will be returning to shop!

racknac

Reaction score

In case anyone hasn't been following it, we've got a great thread going for a custom Carmina makeup. We finalized the design and I built it out on the preorder section of our website. We've already met our quota for production, so I'll most likely keep it open for orders until next Friday, after which we'll submit the size run to Carmina. This is a great chance to get in on a really handsome style!

And you can read all about it in the dedicated thread right here. There's lots of sizing advice there too.

Hey Mike. The first person to ever buy Carmina Saddle Shell Double Monk Cordovans here... would be interested in buying the snuff suedes, but don't really want to do a pre-order. What size should I pick up when you get them in the store? I remember that Carmina didn't really label the boxes correctly the first time around...

Last edited:

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey Mike. The first person to ever buy Carmina Saddle Shell Double Monk Cordovans... would be interested in buying the snuff suedes, but don't really want to do a pre-order. What size should I pick up when you get them in the store? I remember that Carmina didn't really label the boxes correctly the first time around...

Mike should answer this on his own, but having helped organize this special order, if you want a pair, you should do the preorder. It is my understanding that Mike isn't going to stock the shoe in a full size run. It is just a special order we came up with on the Epaulet x Carmina thread.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any new shirts coming in?
Any new heavyweight chinos? (Love the olive twill and stone)
I know short jacket lengths were mentioned and discussed before--but did people pre-order their jackets already? If so, will it be offered again?

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just grabbed the Walt Trouser Muted Grey Glen Plaid & Point Collar Shirt Navy/Black Micro Tattersall :slayer:

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wasn't planning on buying anything due to recent and planned purchases but... :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hey Mike. The first person to ever buy Carmina Saddle Shell Double Monk Cordovans... would be interested in buying the snuff suedes, but don't really want to do a pre-order. What size should I pick up when you get them in the store? I remember that Carmina didn't really label the boxes correctly the first time around...

Oh yes, I recall! Hope that the shoes are treating you well. I wore mine to the Pitti show today and I got photographed by three different Japanese dudes. They're some eye-catching shoes!

The Snuff Suede Austerity Brogue will actually only be produced to order. I'm not going to make any additional stock above and beyond what the SF members buy, so you'd have to place the preorder now if you want to get in on it. I'm going to close the order next Friday, so you've got some time. And provided that your Double Monks aren't on the borderline of too small, then you can confidently get the same size in the Austerity Brogue. The Rain last is ever so slightly smaller than the Inca last.

And the boxes weren't incorrectly labeled, it's just that the box had a US size printed while the shoes have a UK size stamped on them. That got confusing. From here on in, everything that we order in Carmina is in UK sizes only. And then our site has a formula on how to translate that into an equivalent US size.

Any new shirts coming in? 
Any new heavyweight chinos? (Love the olive twill and stone)
I know short jacket lengths were mentioned and discussed before--but did people pre-order their jackets already?  If so, will it be offered again?

Yup, first delivery of new shirts will be here in the next 3-4 weeks. We've got some new fabrics - including an ass-kicking pindot jacquard chambray. It's just as good as it sounds.

Heavyweight chinos will come back in the Twill fabric and a new heavyweight Duck Canvas.

Short length jackets are special ordered on an individual basis. Unless the fabric is deadstock, then we can do it in about 4-6 weeks, and it's a $50 upcharge. We did about 60 special order jackets for Fall, and it went off without a hitch. Drop me a PM and I can guide you through the process next week.

Just grabbed the Walt Trouser Muted Grey Glen Plaid & Point Collar Shirt Navy/Black Micro Tattersall :slayer:

Thank you sir! Those are going to look boss together.

Simplicio

Reaction score

Inspiring. Thanks for posting. I had been thinking that I need a new pink shirt...

Pink shirts and Navy trousers are always so freaking boss. We're going to hook up a solid pink dress shirt for the next delivery. It's such a great color. Thanks for posting the pic!

Hmm.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I kind of forgot how terrible most department store-level trousers are. My Epaulet trousers are a little too snug these days, so I had to face the music and swing by one of the department stores around here last week to nab a pair for a wedding. It's been a while since I did this, but your choices in places like this are limited to: shapeless JNCO-sized trousers or "those things are so slim everywhere that I think I can see the outlines of your balls" trousers. I sized up on one of the slim trousers, shelled out $50 (and I think they were marked down from $80).

Anyway, I wore them for said wedding last Saturday and within HOURS, the stupid things were already pilling like crazy. And mind you, this was just from strenuous activities such as sitting down and walking from my car to the chapel. I hadn't even gotten a chance to Cupid Shuffle and the damn pants already looked like I had just finished a dance marathon.

Compare that with my pair of Epaulet trousers that I wore at least three times a week for six months with the only resulting sign of wear being a small spot of worn fabric on the back pocket. Lesson learned. Next time, I'll just wear a really long dress shirt and no pants before I stray from Epaulet trousers again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads