• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rocked last years plaid pants in Chicago over the weekend.
Lost my memory card with a few fit pics for the contest. Will try to snap some quick ones tonight. Sucks, had some great background shots from holiday lights in Chicago. Plus had someone else snapping the pics. Will have to take my own tonight.
601ba067-cd97-fc9b.jpg

oisin

Reaction score

Very nice...and with a 4S, eh? Mike wasn't kidding when he said they take great shots! What's that sweater? Really dig it.
Yeah the 4S has been good so far (definite improvement over the 3GS I left in a cab in Dallas). I was able to crop in quite a bit and still have it look decent (big files though!). Still wish you could adjust exposure more than just by where you choose to focus. Sweater is from APC, got it last year. Not sure it has a name but it has some elbow patches and a zipper on one shoulder. It has a nice marl with some green in it when it hits the light.
What boots are they in the left/right pics?
All just a pair of oxblood 1460 Doc Martens (the "for life" version). a bit clunky, but also a bit punk rock. and they are reasonably cheap, are comfortable, and hold up to punishment.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

All just a pair of oxblood 1460 Doc Martens (the "for life" version). a bit clunky, but also a bit punk rock. and they are reasonably cheap, are comfortable, and hold up to punishment.

Have these in 10 hole Made in UK...LOVE them, abvsolutely Punk Rock...in high school I was rocking Oxblood Steeltoe 10 holes, black 10 holes, and PURPLE 8 holes while wratcheting up to Op Ivy on the old S57 bus, unless I had a SMiths mix in my walkman, Nothing beats an old beat up pair of Docs, and now that my dad is retired, and cleaning out the attic at my childhood house, I seriously hope he finds my boots somewhere up there.

oisin

Reaction score

Have these in 10 hole Made in UK...LOVE them, abvsolutely Punk Rock...in high school I was rocking Oxblood Steeltoe 10 holes, black 10 holes, and PURPLE 8 holes while wratcheting up to Op Ivy on the old S57 bus, unless I had a SMiths mix in my walkman, Nothing beats an old beat up pair of Docs, and now that my dad is retired, and cleaning out the attic at my childhood house, I seriously hope he finds my boots somewhere up there.

YES! I know, I am so bummed that I can't find my old pairs from high school. Had a pair of 10 hole oxbloods, 8 hole greasy leather in black, 8 hole hard leather in green. but they disappeared somewhere along the way. I remember seeing this girl at a pearl jam concert in SF at golden gate park with these awesome electric blue ones, but for as long as I looked, I could never find them. Yay for some Op Ivy on a walkman on the bus.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
self shot in front of the tree. Cramertons, Epaulet belt and CPO jacket. This thing was a steal at the sale price!

Last edited:

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've still gotta get some fit pics of my Donegals for a peer review but I've been laid up with food poisoning all day. I don't think I've ever thrown up this much in my whole life. :fu:

BTW, if you order wings from Buffalo Wild Wings and they bring them out in less than 4 minutes, for the love of all that is holy, send them back!

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've still gotta get some fit pics of my Donegals for a peer review but I've been laid up with food poisoning all day. I don't think I've ever thrown up this much in my whole life. :fu:
BTW, if you order wings from Buffalo Wild Wings and they bring them out in less than 4 minutes, for the love of all that is holy, send them back!

Yikes! Get well soon. Too much other food and booze to be consumed this time of year :)

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike,

I think you need to scrounge up enough material for five pair of the Christmas pants. My thinking goes something like this;
SVB's one pic so far just really kick's ass and is deserving of a win.
KG's pics are always great and to my eye, he spends a fair bit of time with them. Also deserving of a win.
NYR's pics are always great. I like his fits and well, that beard...need I say more? Also deserving of a win.
And who was the guy that had the fit pic in black and white with his kids? Yup, give him a win also.
And then there is me. I'm going for the "randomly chosen winner" route. Plus, I've worn your previous version in Houston, Atlanta, Chicago, Amelia Island (my home turf) and in southern Indiana (fiancee's home turf) where I got a lot of strange looks. :)
:)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads