• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nbernie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by L.I.T.
Hey Mike if I'm a 31 waist would I get a 30 or 32 in the rudy's trousers just curious?

size 30 actually has a 31" waist, so you should go with that.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by homefloyd
Nvm, there is a 28, is the double faced wool pretty heavy? I'm in Phoenix so heavy wool trousers aren't really ideal.
\\

The doublefaced wool is pretty sturdy. It's a true Fall-weight trouser - not quite winter-weight like the heavier flannels and moleskins. I'd say that you could comfortably wear it in temps around 65 and below.

Originally Posted by phxlawstudent
Tried asking in the jeans thread, no one wanted to respond. Figured I'd try hear.

How does Epaulet jeans compare to RRL? Are they completely different animals? Sorry for a possibly noob question, still learning. Still don't want to make the jump to $300 denim.

Hmm, I'm not personally familiar with RRL jeans, so I can't really compare them. I can only say that if you like the minimal raw indigo look of the Smith jean, and the fit works for you, then I'm confident that it's one of the best - if not the best - jeans (in terms of construction and fabric quality) at this price point.

Originally Posted by nineohtoo
The Utility Shirt feels great. I know the cut is more relaxed and even a half inch wider at the chest, but unwashed it already fits my shoulders and chest really well compared to previous shirts from you guys in the same size. The hickory stripe details are really nice btw, I just wish women could appreciate the same details on my jeans w/o needing to take off my pants :p

Here's a fit pic. Shirt is XS, and Smiths are 28. I'm about 5'6" 135lbs.

PS. I braved the city and the con with my short sleeve today. It was perfect for San Francisco's beautiful weather earlier. I can't wait till some new colors drops. I'd kill for a white/black madras. Seriously. I watched Super before WonderCon today and I feel like I could bash in a couple heads with a wrench if it'll get me that shirt
biggrin.gif

Fantastic, really glad that you're pleased with it! And thanks for posting the pic - the fit on you is great. The Utility shirts are all pre-washed, so you shouldn't expect any shrinkage or change at all provided you hang dry it.

And glad to hear that you rocked **** hard at WonderCon!

Originally Posted by L.I.T.
Hey Mike if I'm a 31 waist would I get a 30 or 32 in the rudy's trousers just curious?

Hmm. The physical measurement of our 30 pants is 31" at the waist, but most trousers which are tagged size 31 will be the same.

If you're a true 31, then I'd recommend a 30 in the cottons and thicker wools. I'd go with a 32 in the lighter weight Super 120's. Either way, it's easy to get the waist adjusted in or out to perfectly dial in a fit.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Utility Shirt feels great. I know the cut is more relaxed and even a half inch wider at the chest, but unwashed it already fits my shoulders and chest really well compared to previous shirts from you guys in the same size. The hickory stripe details are really nice btw, I just wish women could appreciate the same details on my jeans w/o needing to take off my pants :p

Here's a fit pic. Shirt is XS, and Smiths are 28. I'm about 5'6" 135lbs.

IMG_3752.jpg

PS. I braved the city and the con with my short sleeve today. It was perfect for San Francisco's beautiful weather earlier. I can't wait till some new colors drops. I'd kill for a white/black madras. Seriously. I watched Super before WonderCon today and I feel like I could bash in a couple heads with a wrench if it'll get me that shirt
biggrin.gif

Can you measure shirt, shoulders?
I received my medium and it's 16" across the shoulders seam to seam, quite different than the 18" quoted on the site.

LPatterson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dbear
Can you measure shirt, shoulders?
I received my medium and it's 16" across the shoulders seam to seam, quite different than the 18" quoted on the site.

I have that exact problem. Mike says that with the way the sleeves are attached, it's more accurate to measure from physical edge as opposed to seams.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LPatterson
I have that exact problem. Mike says that with the way the sleeves are attached, it's more accurate to measure from physical edge as opposed to seams.

Does this apply their other shirts also?

I was going to put an order in for their Oxford, but now don't know what size to get...

LPatterson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dbear
Does this apply their other shirts also?

I was going to put an order in for their Oxford, but now don't know what size to get...

Doesn't apply to any of the other 3 Epaulet shirts I own. I don't have the extensive collection that some others do on here so maybe someone else could better answer that.

samsterdam

Reaction score
Just got my Gant slubby cotton shirt. Speedy delivery and a fantastic product as always, Mike. I can already tell it will figure prominently in my rotation this S/S.

Now I have to prioritize the following on my "To Buy" list:
- forest madras buttondown
- one or more of the new chambrays
- navy rivet chinos when they get restocked
- probably two or three other things that drop while I'm making up my mind.

Decisions, decisions...

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Utility Shirt feels great. I know the cut is more relaxed and even a half inch wider at the chest, but unwashed it already fits my shoulders and chest really well compared to previous shirts from you guys in the same size.

A thought I was having, based on the measurements. I'm basically an XS in Epaulet shirts except in the chest, where I could use 18.5 or 19". 18" starts to pull. If all epaulet shirts were like the utility shirt measurements, i would have money problems.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do you plan to do another run of the herringbone rivet chinos next fall? They were always on my wish list, but since they're better suited for the colder months, they have to take a backseat on said list at the moment.

*#..

Reaction score
Anyone use Chrome for web browsing? It always loads excess, blank, white space below the epaulet copyright whenever I categorize under "Woven Shirts". It doesn't happen when I search under any of the other categories or if I use Firefox.

samsterdam

Reaction score
Originally Posted by *#..
Anyone use Chrome for web browsing? It always loads excess, blank, white space below the epaulet copyright whenever I categorize under "Woven Shirts". It doesn't happen when I search under any of the other categories or if I use Firefox.

Yeah, I get that too. Doesn't really matter, though, since there's nothing down there anyway.

*#..

Reaction score
Originally Posted by samsterdam
Yeah, I get that too. Doesn't really matter, though, since there's nothing down there anyway.

Thanks, good to know I'm not the only one. That white chambray looks good nineohtoo, thanks for posting a fit pic. I was going to order a red chambray today, but now I'm split between the two. Thoughts anyone?

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my floral shirt today, great pattern and I love it. Only thing is, I wish you had used the darker side of the fabric rather than the lighter side. The darker side is so much more vibrant and you can see the floral details so much better!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads