• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My gym has a steamer in the locker room and I use it on my OCBD shirts each morning. If I didn't have access to one there, I'd definitely be buying my own.

jah786

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Baby camel hair MTO blazer showed up in the mail yesterday. I'm used to the USPS Epaulet boxes, when I saw something from Southwick it took me a moment. The blazer is KILLER. Many thanks to Matt for helping me make the decision on the liner. Very happy with the stripe. Will try to post a fit pick later.

this is still in the box. the packaging job by Southwick was impressive

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Killer indeed. Love that lining. And that was pretty darn fast too, it seems. Will look forward to shots in the wild.

Also, ivy marl shawl cardigan:

Last edited:

reezy

Reaction score
When is the vest coming out? Been looking for one to layer underneath my peacoats for a couple years now and this may be the one! :slayer:

Todd V

Reaction score
Baby camel hair MTO blazer showed up in the mail yesterday. I'm used to the USPS Epaulet boxes, when I saw something from Southwick it took me a moment. The blazer is KILLER. Many thanks to Matt for helping me make the decision on the liner. Very happy with the stripe. Will try to post a fit pick later. this is still in the box. the packaging job by Southwick was impressive
Insane camel hair. My order is on hold pending a sizing decision but I think I'm going to style it just like that, liner and all. I thought about patch flap pockets to make it a little more casular and outwear-y. Not sure if it is really worth it. I might go with the inset flaps to keep it basic. Anyway, nice score!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I'm a recent convert to the steamer-only crowd on all of my washable stuff. all the trousers/dry clean only stuff get that treatment along with traditional dress shirts, while all of my chinos, cotton trousers, and ocbds get the steamer after a cold wash and hang dry. the steamer will do a great job on anything cotton so long as your not looking for a crease, and much quicker, at least for me. i'm done with the iron at home. i've got one question for the crowd to field, nightshade or the donegal navy? I know, its sacrilege given the nightshade fawning of recent history! usage will be some winter work apparel in a very casual business casual office, winter parties, etc.
Hmmm tough question. We're moving through Nightshade pretty quickly, so you'll want to jump on that if you decide to got that way. They're both nearly equal in weight. Nightshade is a really cool and unusual color. Navy Donegal is a solid basic. One thing to consider: when it comes to Navy or Salt/Pepper Donegal a lot of guys order a matching jacket down the road. It makes up as a great suit and as very wearable separates - especially in Navy. If you think that you might want a matched jacket at some point, then go with the Donegal.
I think 1/2 the appeal of a duck canvas pant is its toughness & ease of care. A short spin in the dryer on the low & then hang dry & you basically have a ready to go pant for anything short of press-worthy events. (Pressing not reporters). But everyone has their own steeze. Got my MTO Rivets today! Moss w/ orange tape & blue pinstripe pocket bags. Realized that sizing up to 33 and then full dryer cycle to shrink them a bit yields a better fit for me then 32 w/ fear of any shrinkage. MTO is so rad. For barely more than a hem job--at least a decent one--it's pretty fresh to tweak the details a bit. Already pondering what's next...
Great! Glad that you're so pleased with the MTO Rivet process. We've been getting great feedback, and we'll definitely try to expand what we offer next year.
Just copped the Nightshade Walts.
Thank you sir! You're going to love them!
Baby camel hair MTO blazer showed up in the mail yesterday. I'm used to the USPS Epaulet boxes, when I saw something from Southwick it took me a moment. The blazer is KILLER. Many thanks to Matt for helping me make the decision on the liner. Very happy with the stripe. Will try to post a fit pick later. this is still in the box. the packaging job by Southwick was impressive
Awesome! It made up so nicely! Thanks for ordering it.
When is the vest coming out? Been looking for one to layer underneath my peacoats for a couple years now and this may be the one! :slayer:
Which vest? We have a few units remaining of the Cashmere Veneto vest: http://epauletnewyork.com/products/veneto-quilted-cashmere-vest That's the only piece that we have en-route. We can make vests (no lapel) or waistcoats (with lapel) from Southwick as well. Price depends on fabric, but figure most will fall in the $250 - $300 range. Feel free to email us is you're interested at any point. I have to say, a Camel Hair waistcoat would be pretty freaking boss.
Insane camel hair. My order is on hold pending a sizing decision but I think I'm going to style it just like that, liner and all. I thought about patch flap pockets to make it a little more casular and outwear-y. Not sure if it is really worth it. I might go with the inset flaps to keep it basic. Anyway, nice score!
Many of the guys ordered the camel jacket with a breast welt and open patch pockets on the bottom. One of them had white MOP buttons and working cuffs. It was really freaking cool!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Bartlett Jacket Next Week

Hey guys!

Dylan and I met up with stanleyvanburen, his lovely wife, and a bunch of LA friends last night. In keeping with the party scene, I wore the final sample of our "Bartlett" jacket - the asymmetrical zip perfecto-style piece. We'll have this in stock by early next week. It will come in Black and Navy cowhide, priced at $950.

Please ignore the goofy faces in these pics. Give me an open bar and screamingly loud rap music, and this tends to happen with me. Note that the first shot has a bit of wide angle distortion. Dylan isn't actually 12 feet tall.

Stanley wore his guncheck Marcello jacket (which is getting a lot of love in fit pics lately...)

But things took a turn after the jacket came off...

And here's a photo of the singing action. I'm wearing a t-shirt from my friend Joel K's new line, Echo Park Surf Squad. If you ever dreamed of a t-shirt that mashes up Vanilla Ice and Morrissey, he's got you covered:

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Karaoke looks like nonstop action. Will have to try that someday.

Had the Carmina shell balmoral boots on today:

Continuing my series of slightly off self timer shots...

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Karaoke looks like nonstop action. Will have to try that someday.

Had the Carmina shell balmoral boots on today:

Continuing my series of slightly off self timer shots...

As a rule, I've never been a fan of BD coats of any sort. I realize they have their place and all, but I just don't dig them. THIS one however, is tight. Love it.

jah786

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
As a rule, I've never been a fan of BD coats of any sort. I realize they have their place and all, but I just don't dig them. THIS one however, is tight. Love it.

I also don't like DB that much, but I agree, this one looks great. I could see myself wearing something like that. who makes?

malwear

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in a size 32 in the grey wool corduroy rivets (Mike posted pics last week), I have a pair that I'm undecided on. They turned out pretty rad, but I just can't see myself wearing them that often. Happy to share all the details and answer any questions over PM.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads