• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

katabatic

Reaction score
Couple of questions,

I'm visiting NYC in late October (can't wait! I grew up in Brooklyn and haven't been back to New York in the autumn in ages), and Epaulet is at the top of my must-visit list.

Based on the published dimensions, I suspect the Walt trousers may be too slim in the thigh for me, so...

1) Can the Rudy trousers be MTO'd in the stock fabrics like Navy Hopsack?

2) The UK Donegal Tweed Navy shown on the Rudy MTO page looks amazing - can you make a jacket/vest out of that too? I've had a navy tweed suit stuck in my head for far too long...

Thanks!

PartagasIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jodphurs went in 10UK really fast. Any chance of a restock or a similar style make up? If not, any brown calf/shell Chelsea boot?

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a different note, can anyone compare the Walts in tweed, flannel, and wool in terms of weight and warmth. I know I sound like a broken record asking for the warmest pieces all the time, but that's all you think about when its -20 all the time!

Warmest at the top:

1. Lined Harris Tweed Walts; rare -- usually FF only
2. Shetland Walts; ran last year, haven't seen this year
3. Flannels
4. Other tweeds, like UK donegals
5. Flanella; I don't own any of these so maybe switch with tweeds? others can chime in
6. Everything else; in the winter I don't think there's much heat difference between hopsack, super 120s, etc

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Epaulet shirt and trousers:

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the most recent run of oxfords the same cloth as in the past? Just picked up a new blue one and it seems a little thinner overall. Just me?

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Can I please ask for some sizing advice for the N3-B?

I'm 6'1" and around 170-175. I wear medium Epaulet shirts that just fit (sometimes a touch tight). 38R Napoli is a good fit but again a bit too small in the shoulders - I have a MTO on order in 39R that will probably be perfect.

Large shirts and 40R are definitely too big.

I live in Toronto so in the winter I would likely wear the coat with button down and thin sweater under it.

I'm torn between 36 (medium) and 38 (large) and would like to avoid multiple shippings by nailing it on my first order.

I thing it's the number 36 that's tripping me up given my weight/height as I'm almost always a medium in most normally sized brands.

Thanks!

Trick, go with the 38...I'm almost exactly the same size except a couple inches shorter, and I went with the 38. 36 was way tight in my chest and shoulders. I'm a 40 in the FF, medium shirt pushing the limits of fit as well.

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whatever happened to those Walt swatches from early last week?

He said the actual walts were coming in this week

Mike is going to scan those and post them up today. We'll hopefully have the trousers toward the end of the week!
So much stuff dropped, I need to make my way out there again.

And this is just the tip of the iceberg...
cheers.gif

I haven't posted up a fit in a while (apologies for the dumb face):

Southwick Navy Wool/Cotton/Cashmere Caine
Epaulet University Stripe Popover
Carmina x Epaulet x World of #jacques Emerson Jodhpur

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads