• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

digga

Reaction score

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Do you guys have any factory finds coming up anytime soon? Looking to get my first Epaulet blazer. Thanks!
The next Factory finds round is probably going to be in December-January, for delivery late Spring 2014. We've got a ton of in-season MTO options available right now, and we'll get about 6 stock styles in the next few weeks. There's some Harris Tweed and other goodies in the stock assortment. The Samuesohn Epaulet capsule line will drop around the same time too.
I wish I had been able to pre-order that kudu boot in my size :(. Looks awesome.
We sold that Kudu boot like crazy this weekend - we're surely going to reorder this week. Matt's going to post it up in our Carmina thread so that guys can preorder extended sizes.
EP Petrol Blue Walts EP Alden Alt Wien's
Oh my god those Alt Wiens look great! I really love how Alden makes that pattern. It's pretty non-traditional and chunky. It's definitely my favorite shoe that they do.
Ok so I started to measure myself for my MTO Rivets and followed the YouTube lady as strictly as I could and still came out with very strange stats. My waist measured 31-32 and my inseam 27. This makes no sense as I've never fit in anything above a 28 and most pants fall only a little too far at 30. Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong? I desperately want to get this right on the first try!
We'll be happy to work with you personally to find your sizing, but generally we recommend that you measure a pant that fits you well now rather than trying to measure yourself. We always advise this as (1) it's easier to measure a garment than a body and (2) everyone has their own preference on how things should fit. If you measure a pant in just three directions (waist, inseam, leg opening) and it's a fairly slim cut overall then this will give you a concrete idea on what size MTO Rivet to order. Rivets can be tailored in and out, so even if the first one is a little bit off, then it can be tailored to work.
That hairdo in the sage pic is almost bordering on boy band :)
Haha, I thought the same thing! What happened there is that James shot him with the hood up for the first few frames, so there's major static cling happening. He's not usually looking like a backup musician for Love and Rockets. We call it the "Something About Mary" fit pic.
To the Epaulet folks, Is it possible to order a duck canvas rivet in khaki color? (or too redundant because of the 8 oz offering?) I don't see it on offer on your website but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Our supplier actually doesn't have an exact khaki-colored duck. Desert is the closest thing - it's essentially a pale khaki tone
Just wondering, how does the snorkel parka compare to the typical goose/duck down jacket like Canada Goose?
Glad that you asked! So.... let me first profess how much I admire Canada Goose. I owned one of their parka's a few years back and it was far and away the warmest jacket that I've ever owned. The sizing was bonkers (I had to get an XS, and I'm 5'10" and 190lb), but with massive sizing down it was a decent fit. That said, I had a major problem with it. It was too warm for nearly every situation. I get cold easily and I need a serious jacket for the winter. But this was totally overkill, at least for NYC. I'd be overheating on the subway, overheating in a car. I'd have to take it off within a few minutes of going indoors. It's an awesome piece if you're going to be outside in very cold temps for an extended amount of time. But for normal commuting and urban/surburban life, I found it to be uncomfortable - at least for the kind of temps that you get around New York. The N3-B strikes a great balance. It's truly warm enough to handle a freezing day, but it breathes well and doesn't overheat you immediately when you go indoors. You might not want to go hiking with it in Manitoba in January, but we had many customers in legitimately cold areas of Canada, Europe, and the Northern US wear it happily throughout normal winter-time life. The guys who bought this jacket really felt strongly about it too - I've never received such extensive personal feedback on something that we've sold. The guys who love it REALLY freaking love it. Provided that you dig the look and the style of this piece, you will be thrilled with how it performs. It's an awesome throwback to when America made real winter jackets.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
VENETO VEST & SINGLE BREASTED JACKET SPECIAL ORDERS OPEN

Hey guys!

Thanks to everyone who ordered a Veneto cashmere vest! We're still covered in size US38 through US42, but US36 is sold out.

I've had a few customers inquire about ordering a size outside of our stock range. I spoke with the factory, and they can cut single units up to size US48 and down to size US34. The pattern and details have to stay the same, and we cannot tweak the length up or down. We've got enough fabric to make four additional units. Production time to your doorstep is about 4-5 weeks. The price would be $1150, as we're getting an upcharge for the in-season work. It's a final sale special order with 50% due at placement and 50% due once it arrives in the States. You'll be shipped from our NYC store, so you don't have to worry about import taxes or duties above and beyond that number.

This special order opportunity also holds for the Veneto Single Breasted Jacket. That would be $995 with a special order, and we can also do that same size range. We can also tweak the length by one inch in either the sleeves, the body or both. You could do a US40 with Regular Sleeves and a Long Body. Or a US36 with Short Sleeves and a Regular Body. Stuff like that.

I'll need to finalize everything within the next 2-3 days, so drop us an email if you're interested.

Last edited:

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can I please ask for some sizing advice for the N3-B?

I'm 6'1" and around 170-175. I wear medium Epaulet shirts that just fit (sometimes a touch tight). 38R Napoli is a good fit but again a bit too small in the shoulders - I have a MTO on order in 39R that will probably be perfect.

Large shirts and 40R are definitely too big.

I live in Toronto so in the winter I would likely wear the coat with button down and thin sweater under it.

I'm torn between 36 (medium) and 38 (large) and would like to avoid multiple shippings by nailing it on my first order.

I thing it's the number 36 that's tripping me up given my weight/height as I'm almost always a medium in most normally sized brands.

Thanks!

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey tricky,

We are the same size (170lb)except for the hight (I'm 5'8).

I also wear EP shirts in M and 38R Caine hopsack. For N3-B I'm thinking to go for 36.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it would work for you in 36 I'm just unsure bc I'm 39r and at my height I wonder if the sleeve length becomes an issue. Dope jacket though...definitely what I'm looking for.

Edsal17

Reaction score
Well looks like my Khaki Rivets made contact with bleach some how and now there are pink blotches on the legs. You guys think I might be able to dye them a completely different color (dark grey or blue) or are these guys toast?

Last edited:

zielschuss

Reaction score
Can I please ask for some sizing advice for the N3-B?

I'm 6'1" and around 170-175. I wear medium Epaulet shirts that just fit (sometimes a touch tight). 38R Napoli is a good fit but again a bit too small in the shoulders - I have a MTO on order in 39R that will probably be perfect.

Large shirts and 40R are definitely too big.

I live in Toronto so in the winter I would likely wear the coat with button down and thin sweater under it.

I'm torn between 36 (medium) and 38 (large) and would like to avoid multiple shippings by nailing it on my first order.

I thing it's the number 36 that's tripping me up given my weight/height as I'm almost always a medium in most normally sized brands.

Thanks!

My build is very similar to yours. I'm 6'1", 170lbs and usually wear a medium in Epaulet shirts but go with a 40R in sportcoats because my shoulders are a bit wide. I have some sportcoats in 39R from the factory finds that fit me well too although the lapels bow ever so slightly.

I went with the 38 in the Spiewak. I tried the 36 as well last year and it felt too small around my torso.

asaa1000

Reaction score
Just wanted to comment on the great customer service from Epaulet. I ordered shoe trees with shoes but was sent the wrong size. Instead of asking me to send it back like any other retailer would do, they simply refunded me the money. Its this kind of sincerity that makes me not want to purchase anywhere else, of course the fantastic styles don't hurt either.

On a different note, can anyone compare the Walts in tweed, flannel, and wool in terms of weight and warmth. I know I sound like a broken record asking for the warmest pieces all the time, but that's all you think about when its -20 all the time!

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hemmed and hawed on that Spiewak coat last year and it was gone in my size when I decided I wanted it. I'm not letting it get away this year.

thirdman

Reaction score

The next Factory finds round is probably going to be in December-January, for delivery late Spring 2014. We've got a ton of in-season MTO options available right now, and we'll get about 6 stock styles in the next few weeks. There's some Harris Tweed and other goodies in the stock assortment. The Samuesohn Epaulet capsule line will drop around the same time too.

Could I ask what sort of fabrics will be in the stock delivery? Swatches would be fantastic, but if not just a general idea of what'll be included would be great. I've got two MTOs on the go and can only justify one more jacket, so I want to make sure I choose wisely :)

Thanks!

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well looks like my Khaki Rivets made contact with bleach some how and now there are pink blotches on the legs. You guys think I might be able to dye them a completely different color (dark grey or blue) or are these guys toast?

Don't know much about the dyeing process or how well that fabric will do with dyeing, but at this point you might as well try, right? :)

ArsenalDan

Reaction score

From personal experience, this coat is the ****. I bought the black one last year and it was one of those pieces I kept going to all winter long. And at $400, I will probably grab the sage at some point this fall too. Its tough as nails, light enough to not have you a sweaty mess (and I sweat a ton) but warm enough to keep you good in even the most the coldest winter (with a sweater underneath). I think I might buy the Sage in a size up and wear it as an overcoat during crummy weather with a sport coat underneath. Awesome, American made product!

Just wanted to chime in to say that this is a really really good price. Woolrich Arctic Parka, for instance, which seems a pretty comparable jacket in a lot of ways, retails at $650 and is sold out on Need Supply. (I personally was able to get very lucky late FW season and get one for 85% off or so, but looks like that's not something you can nearly bet on).

pwnstar

Reaction score
Just want to say the single breasted Veneto arrived and it's awesome. The color is a little darker than the photos (which I really like). I was thinking of getting some sort of quilted jacket before this (Lavenham, Mackintosh) and the veneto just blew them away. Very pleased.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eazy e lover