• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nathanl

Reaction score
I'd order a 30 to start, evaluate, then go from there. If you don't wanna go MTO, then a 30 with some alterations might be a good option.

FWIW, I wear a 30 in both rivets and Walts. 5'5" 130#s.

I'm 5' 7" 140#s - 30 in both Walt and Rivet.

Todd V

Reaction score
I find myself ordering one size larger than what I expect from the measurement chart. In other words, if I expect a 16" waist laying flat, I'm ordering a 32. That's been my experience on the last several pairs of walts and rivets I ordered.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Off-ISO or not, that's a good looking combo, SVB.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Factory finds sport coat shipping confirmation WOOOOOOO

Damn.

Now I'm going to be sitting here watching my email inbox like a hawk for my confirmation as well. It looks like I'll get even less done than normal now!

zinc2162

Reaction score

Thanks!! I thought it won't be ready until Oct.
Damn.

Now I'm going to be sitting here watching my email inbox like a hawk for my confirmation as well. It looks like I'll get even less done than normal now!
Me too!!
biggrin.gif

Kekoa

Reaction score
So anyone with their latest shirts...I was wondering how thick the brown black gingham twill is compared to the flannels?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

So anyone with their latest shirts...I was wondering how thick the brown black gingham twill is compared to the flannels?
It's much lighter. The gingham twill is a regular shirting cotton in a slightly thicker fall/winter weight. Kind of a classic sportshirt. I'd compare the weight to a really thick oxford, but it will wear a bit warmer than that due to the denser weave. It's beautiful. The $150 cotton flannels are very thick, soft, and brushed. The $195 flannels are finer and a bit thinner. Here at the Santa Monica shop, most guys have opted for the $195 flannel for its lighter weight.
Yup! We just received our first big delivery. Only about half of the jackets are finished, so there's still more to come, but we've got some gems in there. The guys are going to shoot each coat before we ship it out so you all can see how everything made up.
Cadet grey suit Ashland tie Carmina double monks remind me to check my ISO setting next time
Looking good! I like to convert my high ISO images to B&W, that way it looks more like grainy film and less like digital noise.
The first Carmina jumper:
QUOTE] I love them boots

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
And we've got good outerwear news this week! The Spiewak N3-B snorkel has returned, and this time in comes in both Black and Sage. We also received all four styles of the F/W Epaulet Veneto collection. I paid for it at exactly the right time (Euro was 1.35 USD that day!), so the pricing is really solid this year.

Oh, got some handsome new Johnstons scarves too. Lots of good stuff coming down the pipe!

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Looking good! I like to convert my high ISO images to B&W, that way it looks more like grainy film and less like digital noise.

Yeah, good call. Will probably do that with most of my karaoke photos once I get to them.

JVK1

Reaction score
Question - for the upcoming horsehide Wyatt jackets, where do you source the horsehide from? Can you talk more about the leather?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Question - for the upcoming horsehide Wyatt jackets, where do you source the horsehide from?  Can you talk more about the leather?

Absolutely, the leather comes from Horween and the jacket includes an authenticity badge inside.

We custom-ordered the skins in medium weight horsehide. Typically, horsehide jackets from the likes of Aero and Schott are REALLY heavy. Which is great for riding if you happen to fall off a bike, but we wanted our line of leather jackets to be more garment-orientated. A piece that you can wear with flannel trousers and brogues - as well as with jeans and boots. It has a clean design and a slim fit, while many of the other options out there are either too generously cut or fall firmly in the "heritage" style. The Wyatt is more pared down and enduring.

So our horsehide is around the weight of the cowhide that we use, and it's got a great hand. Like all horse, it has a bit of natural gloss and it's going to age like you wouldn't believe. All of the oils inside it make it more water-resistant than cow hide, so you can also wear it on a lousy day without stressing out.

stmaier

Reaction score
Mike--

Is the Veneto Vest a "technical" cashmere? Wondering if it is waterproof or intended to be a layering piece. Will it come in an XL?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads